LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Traction control problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Traction control problem

For the first few minutes of driving after the first startup of the day, or after the car sits awhile; the traction control kicks in when I'm turning, even if I'm barely moving. Do I just need new front hub assembly's? I'd really like to be able to turn into traffic and be confident that the car will actually go. This car is falling apart
Old 03-21-2012, 12:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by V8ImpSS
For the first few minutes of driving after the first startup of the day, or after the car sits awhile; the traction control kicks in when I'm turning, even if I'm barely moving. Do I just need new front hub assembly's? I'd really like to be able to turn into traffic and be confident that the car will actually go. This car is falling apart
Sounds like hub assemblies, or at least the wires/connectors going to one or more of them.

You also might want to check the battery cables for corrosion and tightness. Many LS4 owners have experienced traction control anomalies due to battery issues, strange as it sounds.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

I doubt it's my battery, I have a 2 kinetik 1800's And my voltage is awesome no matter how hard I push them.

How can I figure out which hub is causing the issue, if it's the hubs.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by V8ImpSS
How can I figure out which hub is causing the issue, if it's the hubs.
Visual inspection.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a shop with a abs scan tool can tell which one right away through obd2. If its the wheel baring itself going bad and causing the issue and you cant hear any vibration or noises from it you can try using an infared thermometer and check to see how hot the hub is getting and compare them to the rest. The highest temp is the mot friction which is the bad wheel bearing. But i doubt u will see it without other wheel bearing failure symptoms. See if a shop will scan it for you for free, mine did.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rm08gxp
a shop with a abs scan tool can tell which one right away through obd2. If its the wheel baring itself going bad and causing the issue and you cant hear any vibration or noises from it you can try using an infared thermometer and check to see how hot the hub is getting and compare them to the rest. The highest temp is the mot friction which is the bad wheel bearing. But i doubt u will see it without other wheel bearing failure symptoms. See if a shop will scan it for you for free, mine did.
Thanks, my neighbor has a fancy scanner!