Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Different Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Different Mufflers

Got my exhaust done the other day, and started talking to the owner. I asked him if he had done any weird installs. He mentioned someone wanted some of those Japanese Canister style mufflers on his V8 Camaro.

Being the crazy guy I am, I asked him if he ever installed two different mufflers on the same car.

So, anyone out there ever do this? or have hear what it sound like? anyone point me in the right direction? searched and couldn't find anything.

Plz, don't flame or ask "why?"
Thats just how I am, like to do different stupid things.

thanks guys
Old 03-21-2012, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive seen a thread somewhere with a true duals that has 2 different bullets..one was magnaflow and the other was borla iirc..in such case, you really cant tell the difference since they are both straight through mufflers. there might be a SLIGHT difference in loudness but you cant really detect it. on the other hand, using a bullet on one side and a larger muffler on the other side is a different story that wont only look weird but am sure will sound as weird as it looks
Old 03-22-2012, 07:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

2004 GTOs actually came from the factory with 2 different muffler configurations. They weren't completely different, but they weren't exact copies of eachother. Some say that the 04 exhaust is one of the better sounding stock exhausts out there.

Quick Reply: Two Different Mufflers