Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow cat back louder right side ? (2001z28)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 11:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magnaflow cat back louder right side ? (2001z28)

Don't know if this was the case with stock exh. manifolds & y-pipe, but now, after doing headers and custom catted Y, I notice that the right tailpipe is much louder than the left tailpipe. Anyone else notice that?
Old 03-24-2004, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sunset01
Don't know if this was the case with stock exh. manifolds & y-pipe, but now, after doing headers and custom catted Y, I notice that the right tailpipe is much louder than the left tailpipe. Anyone else notice that?
It's normal. The muffler has the intlet on 1 side and the 2 outlets on opposite sides. The right side does a very small turn and out that's why it is louder. The Magnaflow setup for the LT-1 was different as you can see in the pictures on the Magnaflow websight. The inlet was on 1 side and both outlets on the other with the right side having to curl around the back of the muffler. The LS-1 setup is why it is so freaking loud at WOT but quiet at idle.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto ,
Old 03-24-2004, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

cool. The right tailpipe does most of the exhaust work at idle and low rpm I guess.. when the backpressure starts to build/HP, I guess the left side comes more into play. THanks