Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Guy on LS1 Tech

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy on LS1 Tech

I've been reading off of this forum for a bit now and I just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself.

Name is Tony, I live in MN north of Minneapolis.

I joined this forum because I'm starting to build an LS1 for a swap into a smaller car; I have a few in mind, the primary ones that I would like to get would either be a 240z or a 3rd gen rx7. Neither of which are easy to find or cheap, but I figured I'd start to build the motor while I save up for a solid shell.

The only power adder I'm looking at for this motor is an upgraded cam, something around a 224 with a .581 lift (I'd like it to be mild for everyday driving) If someone has a better cam in mind to recommend please do so. Otherwise essentially stock output with beefed up internals in-case I get bored and want to throw nitrous at if for the days I make it out to a track.

I apologize now if I ask a stupid question, or something that is more "common knowledge" as I'm really just starting this build and trying to learn all I can before I start purchasing more parts.

I was able to obtain a block with low miles for my rebuild (late generation corvette block) with the crank (both in excellent condition); some 853 casting heads which I plan to have new guides put in and I will replace the valves/springs with something stronger than stock, and an LS1 intake manifold.

Looking forward to learning more from this forum in the upcoming months,
Thanks for reading!
Tony
Old 03-22-2012, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome tony