Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IS THIS A GOOD GROUND ??? ((( pic )))

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 12:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default IS THIS A GOOD GROUND ??? ((( pic )))

01 z06 with a iron block in it now. the iron block has no ground spots for this ground strap, so i grounded it it on the back of the bellhousing. The bellhouseing bolt goes into the block so i figured it would have pletty of ground.
FYI it is the ground that is connected to the oil temp sensor pigtail.
thanks in advance.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope that's not the only ground "strap" on your engine! If it is, you'll torch it instantly the first time you turn the key to "start"...
Old 03-23-2012, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

PCM ground to the back of the head. Harness ground to the front of the head. Heavy ground from the side of the engine to chassis at a minimum (4ga... mine goes from the engine mount)
Old 03-24-2012, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Circa307
01 z06 with a iron block in it now. the iron block has no ground spots for this ground strap, so i grounded it it on the back of the bellhousing. The bellhouseing bolt goes into the block so i figured it would have pletty of ground.
FYI it is the ground that is connected to the oil temp sensor pigtail.
thanks in advance.

I hope you were planing on using a shorter bolt. That wire has to be tight against the head. It won't work the way it is.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

lol yes it will be tightend down lol. thanks for looking out for me tho. A c5 has many engine grounds. but when u swap in a iron block, you need to make (drill and tap) grounds or get creative. For some reason a iron block doesnt have the same ground locations as a ls1 ls6
Old 03-29-2012, 03:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Circa307
lol yes it will be tightend down lol. thanks for looking out for me tho. A c5 has many engine grounds. but when u swap in a iron block, you need to make (drill and tap) grounds or get creative. For some reason a iron block doesnt have the same ground locations as a ls1 ls6
They moved them because the irom blocks started out as a truck motor with the pcm on the drivers side near the front. It would have been nice to put all of them on one bolt, though. Instead they two or three different places.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats not a bad spot, as long as it is a clean and tight ground, but really you can put the ground anywhere you want, you just have to splice the wire and make it a little longer. If you swapped the engine on that vette, I would imagine you would know how to do that. lol

That looks like the ground that is at the rear of the drivers valve cover on an LS1. Am I right?
Old 03-29-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 93camaro_zzz
Thats not a bad spot, as long as it is a clean and tight ground, but really you can put the ground anywhere you want, you just have to splice the wire and make it a little longer. If you swapped the engine on that vette, I would imagine you would know how to do that. lol

That looks like the ground that is at the rear of the drivers valve cover on an LS1. Am I right?

^^^ this ground

Quick Reply: IS THIS A GOOD GROUND ??? ((( pic )))