Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wolfe 6pt, black carpet, black interior/dash

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 12:37 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Wolfe 6pt, black carpet, black interior/dash

I just recently finished installing my Wolfe 6pt bolt in cage, as well as brand new BLACK carpet, and I sem painted the interior panels including the dash. Let me tell you, this sem paint is tough stuff, I sprayed the boots even, and you can bend, twist, and move this stuff like you regularly would. I have no doubt it will hold up on the plastic panels, and dash, we'll see how the boots hold up once the cars getting driven again. The pictures make it look lighter, but the black is much darker then ebony panels. Suede forzas will be in the car sooner or later, and The whole interior will get matching suede accents like suede headliner, suede door inserts, a a couple more odds and ends to tie it all together.

What you guys think?
Old 03-24-2012, 02:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clean!

Where did you buy the black carpet from?
Old 03-24-2012, 03:25 AM
scj
TECH Addict

I bought it locally from some guy that bought it but never got around to installing it before be sold his 4th gen, apparently it was bought from accmats, but I don't have any way to verify that. It's thick, jute backed, black molded carpet. A lot better than the stock stuff. Still has some wrinkles and stuff in it from being folded up in a box, which should take care if itself once the car can sit in the sun a little bit. Being in the garage doesn't give it too much heat for it to settle.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great 2 things i need to do very bad
Old 03-24-2012, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, that cage is shiney. Mine didn't shine like that when I got it years ago.

Good look there OP.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looks great man
Old 03-24-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good bud. Can't wait to see it done.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

Looks great OP ... since I am still shaking mine down and buying other mods (line lock, 2-Step, front and rear coilovers), my roll bar will have to wait until next year.

By the way, the Wolfe 6-point bolt-in is the way I am going as well ... did you go mild steel or chromoly? Any disappointments in it?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

That's sick, good stuff OP.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
Looks great OP ... since I am still shaking mine down and buying other mods (line lock, 2-Step, front and rear coilovers), my roll bar will have to wait until next year.

By the way, the Wolfe 6-point bolt-in is the way I am going as well ... did you go mild steel or chromoly? Any disappointments in it?
I've got the same cage as the OP in cromoly... GET SWING OUTS!! The low slung door bars are decent but if you need to work under the dash at all it is a huge PITA.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I painted my dash and interior pieces over a year ago and they all look great still. The nice thing about it is if you scratch something, you can give it a quick spray and it looks new again.
Your interior looks 100% new, great job!
Old 03-24-2012, 02:02 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Raleigh TA
I painted my dash and interior pieces over a year ago and they all look great still. The nice thing about it is if you scratch something, you can give it a quick spray and it looks new again.
Your interior looks 100% new, great job!
I doubt I'll have problems with scratching anything really. There won't be back seats, there won't be lousy seatbelts flying everywhere, and the fixed back seats combined with the fixed door bars will allow little to no access to kick the "kick"panels. I have no doubt it will hold up. Especially not being a daily.

Originally Posted by djfury05
I've got the same cage as the OP in cromoly... GET SWING OUTS!! The low slung door bars are decent but if you need to work under the dash at all it is a huge PITA.
I'm 5'11" 120lbs, the door bars don't really get in my way at all, with the seat out, working under the dash is simple. Hell, I'd rather pull the dash than work under it.
Originally Posted by Simplɘ Jack
That's sick, good stuff OP.
Thanks man!

I went with mild steel, just for the mere price difference, I couldnt justify that muh more money for a few lbs. the cars full interior pretty much anyways.

The cage was very easy to install, and just following the instructions supplied made it a walk in the park. I did it by myself even, and as stated earlier. I'm far from a big guy. The only problems I had with the cage is the door bars, when my umi sfc's are installed, you can't put the bolts in the locations they were intended for. Also, make sure you have your door panels installed, I did my whole install without any installed, then had to redo my drivers side door bar mounts because the bar was hitting the door panel. I just moved it over about an inch, and it didn't hit anymore.

Originally Posted by lethal bird
Looks good bud. Can't wait to see it done.
Thanks man, neither can I.

Originally Posted by 91rs355
Looks great man
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Brian2001SS
Wow, that cage is shiney. Mine didn't shine like that when I got it years ago.

Good look there OP.
thanks man. I almost want it to be satin black, and may change it after the interior is finished, and I decide rather or not I like it glossy.

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Looks great 2 things i need to do very bad
thanks!

On another note, the battery was moved to the spare tire area, and to avoid having to remove the rear panels to jump the car if battery issues arise, and so a battery tender can easily be hooked up without alot of hassle or disassembly of the rear of the car.. I hooked up some prc remote battery terminals under the car, pretty sleek if you ask me.

shouldn't be able to see it at all once the cars in the ground.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scj
I'm 5'11" 120lbs, the door bars don't really get in my way at all, with the seat out, working under the dash is simple. Hell, I'd rather pull the dash than work under it.
I'm 6'1" 210 lbs muscle.. I do not mix well with small places..
Old 03-25-2012, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by scj
I doubt I'll have problems with scratching anything really. There won't be back seats, there won't be lousy seatbelts flying everywhere, and the fixed back seats combined with the fixed door bars will allow little to no access to kick the "kick"panels. I have no doubt it will hold up. Especially not being a daily.

Thanks man!

I went with mild steel, just for the mere price difference, I couldnt justify that muh more money for a few lbs. the cars full interior pretty much anyways.

The cage was very easy to install, and just following the instructions supplied made it a walk in the park. I did it by myself even, and as stated earlier. I'm far from a big guy. The only problems I had with the cage is the door bars, when my umi sfc's are installed, you can't put the bolts in the locations they were intended for. Also, make sure you have your door panels installed, I did my whole install without any installed, then had to redo my drivers side door bar mounts because the bar was hitting the door panel. I just moved it over about an inch, and it didn't hit anymore.

Thanks man, neither can I.

Thanks!

thanks man. I almost want it to be satin black, and may change it after the interior is finished, and I decide rather or not I like it glossy.

thanks!

On another note, the battery was moved to the spare tire area, and to avoid having to remove the rear panels to jump the car if battery issues arise, and so a battery tender can easily be hooked up without alot of hassle or disassembly of the rear of the car.. I hooked up some prc remote battery terminals under the car, pretty sleek if you ask me.

shouldn't be able to see it at all once the cars in the ground.
that's an awesome idea!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:13 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by scj
Where are you going to add (or did you add already) your battery cut-off? I was actually thinking of relocating my battery to the center of the rear "hole" (t-top compartment in a t-top car) and have a removable cut-off behind my license plate. I don't "wear" my license plate at the track!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:35 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Where are you going to add (or did you add already) your battery cut-off? I was actually thinking of relocating my battery to the center of the rear "hole" (t-top compartment in a t-top car) and have a removable cut-off behind my license plate. I don't "wear" my license plate at the track!
I currently don't have a battery cut off switch installed, and most likely won't add one. This isn't a drag car, it's more of a autox/ road racing car, and the only reason I added the remote battery terminals was for ease of jump, ease of attaching battery maintainer while car is not used, and for the safety of not getting locked out of the car (my Berger panels is shaved of everything as well as the key hole, so the only way to get to the battery is the hatch which is electronically released.) I also plan on shaving the door handles, so in a situation where the battery was dead, there wouldn't be access to open the hatch, or doors without any power. The terminals allow me to jump power to the car remotely so I won't have any trouble getting into to the car, as well as easily connecting a maintainer to save my batteries life while in storage. Granted normally drag racing cars would use these terminals for between runs charging of the battery when not running an alternator. That however is not my case, as I'm running an alternator.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

have any beofre pics?
that dash sheen, looks really nice
Old 03-26-2012, 12:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by scj
I currently don't have a battery cut off switch installed, and most likely won't add one. This isn't a drag car, it's more of a autox/ road racing car, and the only reason I added the remote battery terminals was for ease of jump, ease of attaching battery maintainer while car is not used, and for the safety of not getting locked out of the car (my Berger panels is shaved of everything as well as the key hole, so the only way to get to the battery is the hatch which is electronically released.) I also plan on shaving the door handles, so in a situation where the battery was dead, there wouldn't be access to open the hatch, or doors without any power. The terminals allow me to jump power to the car remotely so I won't have any trouble getting into to the car, as well as easily connecting a maintainer to save my batteries life while in storage. Granted normally drag racing cars would use these terminals for between runs charging of the battery when not running an alternator. That however is not my case, as I'm running an alternator.
Ahhhh .... gotcha!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:07 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by studderin
have any beofre pics?
that dash sheen, looks really nice
Here are the only ones from before:

Here's some cool ones showing the sheen:

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:47 PM