LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

New Impala, New Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Impala, New Car

Well, most of you know by now that the new Impala should be introduced in the coming weeks in NY. I am very excited to see this thing.

I believe it is Chevy that has come out and said they are changing the name of the car they will run in NASCAR. It will not be named after anything the currently have in production. Many speculate that it could be a Chevelle, Caprice, Nova, etc.

I have been wanting to get rid of my Impala for some time now. I've only had one issue that has really bothered me. My torque converter does whatever it feels like, whenever it feels like. Most recently jumping out of gear at 50mph.

I'd like a different car but have no idea what I would want to spend the money on. Something that won't have major issues like the LS4. This is where I could use some help. I'm looking at a significant raise in the next week. I have no wife or kids as I'm only 22. I don't need a daily driver, I have a company car I drive to and from work (6.0L Express)

Things that have come to mind are;

2014 Impala (If a V8 w/ AWD are available)
2009 STS-V
2009 TBSS AWD

Or waiting to see if Chevy produces whatever car they are going to put into NASCAR. Supposedly bigger than the Impala.

I don't want a Camaro (everyone has one) and I can't swing a CTS-V yet.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated, I know there is a lot in this post.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

2014 Impala will have only the 3.6 LFX motor to start. There are rumors that a twin-turbo 3.0 will be available at some point in the future to compete with he EcoBoost Taurus. I've also heard that AWD will be an option. GM is basically out of the front-wheel drive V8 business with the death of the Northstar/A4 combo in the DTS. Unfortunately, there will be no V8 Impala in 2014, or any time soon, as the car will be on the Epsilon II platform, and no current V8 will come close to fitting.

If you want a big powerful car, your other two options are probably more appealing, though I understand the TBSS AWD has it's share of drivetrain issues.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cars i have been looking at Gen 1.5 CTS-V's, Spec B Legacy GT's, New SHO's, new Regal GS, 535(x)i's

Id go after the Jeep SRT-8,