Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help am i losing power??????

Old 03-25-2012, 12:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation help am i losing power??????

hey guys got an exhaust question.
car is a 98 ls1 with pacesetter coated lt's tsp ory with a new nice merge on the way full 3 in pipe over the axle into a single in single out ss magnaflow with a hiden tip dumped under the bumper on the left.

how is this set up for power?

im thinking of going with a regular single in dual out muffler with eather hiden tips like a have now or some nice tips( will that make it sound any different from tips to no tips? )

it sounds good now but i have some ticking from the crappy y merge and i have a small tear right at the y(dont ask lol)
Old 03-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a transam so i got the lil notches cut out for the tips i think it looks better myself, id do with single in dual out
Old 03-25-2012, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no it wont sound different between tips. its all about how you want it to look. i personally like the way corsa tips look
Old 03-26-2012, 07:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Not always. OP the single in single out might even flow better than most of the catbacks. but since you went that way i dont see why you would change mufflers if it isnt for the looks. as for the sound a better merge like the flowmaster would deff. enhance it and remove the rasp. again if it isnt for the looks dont waste your money. but if you must change the exhaust id vote for 3.5 or 4" over axle to a single in\out muffler

Search this Thread