Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Rear power cutoff switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 05:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Rear power cutoff switch

Looking to make a setup for shutting of all rear lights with the flick of a switch . Has anyone on here done it or have the wiring diagram . Basically id like to be abe to drive at night and when i want to shut off all the rear lights on the vehicle.

Yep its illegal , no not some dumb young kid , just wanna know if it can be done and if its fairly easy like im hoping for just one power wire going to the back .
Old 03-25-2012, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

you would need a 3 pole switch wired to the parking lights, left turn signal/brake and right turn signal/brake lights.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

I know someone who did that several years ago thinking it would keep police from seeing brake lights or getting a tag number. One time he forgot to turn them back on and got seriously rear-ended nearly totalling both cars. I couldn't care less about the damage to his car - he was asking for it. But the guy who hit him was an innocent party who didn't deserve to get his car nearly destroyed because of somebody else's stupidity.

What possible legitimate reason could you have for wanting to disable all taillights?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you might be able to find the ground in the back and switch that but it may not work due to backfeed