Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suggestions for catted y with TSp headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suggestions for catted y with TSp headers

Anyone running a STAINLESS catted y pipe setup with TSP headers? The TSP catted isnt stainless I believe and doesnt make sense to have the whole exhaust system stainless except the y pipe. Anywho, anyone with such a setup and any issues? Im pretty sure that y-pipes used on pacesetters with also work the the TSP. Is this correct?

PS: no I dont want to run a off road y, search didnt bring up much and ill also be installing poly engine mounts

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure out the setup with warmer weather coming up
Old 03-26-2012, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was in the same boat, I had stainless headers and a stainless catback but the y was the missing piece. My car isn't a show car and will never see salty roads so I just threw generic cat'd y-pipe in there and massaged it to fit.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just buy the tsp stainless ory and a pair of stainless cats and take it to an exhaust guy that can weld stainless. That's what I'm doing.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RebelExtrm02
Just buy the tsp stainless ory and a pair of stainless cats and take it to an exhaust guy that can weld stainless. That's what I'm doing.
I have thought about this also. Pricing wouldnt be that bad. I take it you would just have the rear O2 sensors tuned out?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dennsterTA
I have thought about this also. Pricing wouldnt be that bad. I take it you would just have the rear O2 sensors tuned out?
Car already has long tubes and a custom catted y so the O2's are already tuned out.