Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq4 with ls6 intake questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lq4 with ls6 intake questions

I've been researching this and I found a how to on where a guy used the ls6 valley cover and cut some parts out of his block. I don't really want to do that. Do you have to do this in order to run an LS6 intake?

2nd question is this is my first ls type build and I have no idea how to route these vacuum lines or if i'm missing anything. So any detailed description of how to route vacuum lines or pictures and not just the picture that labels the ports. Where the hell do they all go.

3rd question is the fuel pump vent tube. Where do I run that to? I'm running a PSI harness and honestly don't know if I can just vent it in the rear of the car and leave it.

Thanks,
Old 03-26-2012, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

LS6 intake will bolt onto LQ4 or LQ9 only issue is the front coolant crossover tube usually needs to be changed. Local GM dealer can order them.

I don't have any vac lines on my motor. Except for the main rear one for my power booster (brakes). All other's were closed off to stop oil from getting sucked into the intake and just made breathers for the valvecovers.

Ralph
BoostedLQ9SS
Old 03-26-2012, 06:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

As said above the ls6 intake will bolt rate on to a lq4, i used the ls6 steamvent.
As for vacuum lines on the left side of the tb i ran the top port to the pass.side valve cover and the bottom port i ran it back and behind the intake to other valve cover into a pcv valve. On the right side of tb i just capped that port off.
Back of intake used one port for brake booster and other to my trans (th400).
Vent on the gas tank I just hooked my old sending unit up to the old steel line and left it open and it will also vent from my cap.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

So I could block off all ports except the brakes, even the left valve cover port? I like the idea of blocking them all off. Would I just run a breather on both valve covers then and rock on?

I have corvette accessories and the coolant crossover taken care of already. I was just worried about the vacuum setup.

This is going in my 84 cutlass with a TH350 manual valve body so no vacuum needed.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone else on the Vacuum setup?
Old 03-27-2012, 10:01 PM

Is there any disadvantages to having a LQ4 over a LS1 other than a cast iron block? And how about a 5.3 motor out of a 01 Silverado...it has aluminum heads?

Quick Reply: lq4 with ls6 intake questions