Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Did a little "snake charming" Sunday.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did a little "snake charming" Sunday.

So Sunday was absolutely beautiful outside so I decide to drive the "SLOMARO". I was just cruising around with the tunes playing and the windows down and I see a Viper going the other direction. I pull a quick U-turn and try to catch him after a few minutes I catch him sitting at a red light. I roll up on him he's in a 98ish Viper RT convertible. He has the top and windows down so he hears the blop-bl-blop noise coming from my tru-duals and he looks over.

I'm staring his direction and I give him the "nod" he looks my car over and says "you don't have enough" I reply "I wouldn't be so sure about that. He basically blurts out the 98 Dodge Viper brochure that the salesman gave him when he bought it. I tell him I've got a dyno sheet proving I've got enough and if you want to find out well just try me. The guy just calls me a liar and and says you aren't worth my time, gas, blah blah. I flip open my ash tray and hit my purge button and his face goes as white as a sheet. He calmly rolls his window up and refuses to look back over at me. The light turns green and he just sits there till I roll away from him and I never see him again.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:04 PM

Lmao, sounds like a kill in my book!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

^agreed! What a puss. Guesshe watches enough f&f to know what it was .
any pics on your setup in the ashtray? I have mine setup there to and wanna compare.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Wink

Haha..rocking!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Launching!

Cocky bastard
Old 03-26-2012, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 88blackiroc
^agreed! What a puss. Guesshe watches enough f&f to know what it was .
any pics on your setup in the ashtray? I have mine setup there to and wanna compare.

I don't have any pics but I am using a switch plate from a compnay that I don't think is a sponsor any more. It is a nice lil gadget it has the purge power and heater plus an accersory switch all in one thing its sweet.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Hahaha nice story!!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Awesome kill.......I bet he had a small weiny too.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

That is hilarious!!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

love it!!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the Compliments!!! This really made my day but I just wish he would've at least tried a little bit. I very well could have lost but I've never raced a Viper and I sure would like to.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
Thanks for the Compliments!!! This really made my day but I just wish he would've at least tried a little bit. I very well could have lost but I've never raced a Viper and I sure would like to.
I don't think I've ever raced one either.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Launching!

In all fairness lots of people just dont street race. Especiall 45 yearold higher end car owners.

He was a puss with the more than you can afford pal bs and the excuses.

If your scared to street race just say sorry man I dont street race. All the not worth my time bs is just excuses.

Your viper race will come. This time you were hunting. But next time one may be hunting you.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Killemall
In all fairness lots of people just dont street race. Especiall 45 yearold higher end car owners.

He was a puss with the more than you can afford pal bs and the excuses.

If your scared to street race just say sorry man I dont street race. All the not worth my time bs is just excuses.

Your viper race will come. This time you were hunting. But next time one may be hunting you.

This guy was in his 30's. Yeah I agree he was a puss I'm guessing he thought his crap didn't stink and because my car didn't cost over 50K I wasn't as fast as him. Well needless to say I proved him wrong and he just wimped out. Bottom Line guy was a TOOL.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree such a tool, a simple nice ride would have been better than trying to act better than someone, ya knows turbos and sc are cool but when your at a light and someone throws out some revs there is nothing like watching there face as you hit the purge lol
Old 03-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Yep. One thing ive realized is that how much money you have or the type of car you own dosent make you better than anyone else.

Though there are many people who will asume your life is great because of your money or your car.

Many great people out there dtiving cars as lowly as civics who wanna street race and have fun. And are better as a person than many others who have money. As well as happier.

With that said I personally wont race someone unless they have a gt500 corvette or up. Basically minimum 45k car or tremendous street cred such as a gandnational or supra.

Its not that I think Im better or my cars all that.

Times have changed and street raceing laws are much harder and greatly enforced.

I gain nonthing from beating or loseing to a fbody with nos or supercharged mach1 or tt civic. If I win Im supposed to win cas my car has a v10 ect. If I lose then that car gets a lil street cred. But when I win I get nothing.

If Im gonna risk my drivers license and in turn my job plus possibly have my car taken then Im running for street cred.

Vettes cobras gtrs lambos supras ect. Give me that. I actually gain somthing and justify the risk to a degree.

No risk and Id gladly race every sprayed fbody I come across. But as it is now I just cant do that anymore.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMFAO Win.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Killemall
Yep. One thing ive realized is that how much money you have or the type of car you own dosent make you better than anyone else.

Though there are many people who will asume your life is great because of your money or your car.

Many great people out there dtiving cars as lowly as civics who wanna street race and have fun. And are better as a person than many others who have money. As well as happier.

With that said I personally wont race someone unless they have a gt500 corvette or up. Basically minimum 45k car or tremendous street cred such as a gandnational or supra.

Its not that I think Im better or my cars all that.

Times have changed and street raceing laws are much harder and greatly enforced.

I gain nonthing from beating or loseing to a fbody with nos or supercharged mach1 or tt civic. If I win Im supposed to win cas my car has a v10 ect. If I lose then that car gets a lil street cred. But when I win I get nothing.

If Im gonna risk my drivers license and in turn my job plus possibly have my car taken then Im running for street cred.

Vettes cobras gtrs lambos supras ect. Give me that. I actually gain somthing and justify the risk to a degree.

No risk and Id gladly race every sprayed fbody I come across. But as it is now I just cant do that anymore.
So a 500whp Fbod/Civic/Mustang etc. aren't as high up on the "street cred" list as a 500whp Cobra/Vette/Supra etc.?

OP this is the best kill story I've ever read.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:13 AM
Launching!

To me no. Being brutally honest.

A z06 or supra or even cobra have street cred from there names alone. I think weve all dreamed of running these cars.

I think we build our cars to be able to run with the factory 12 11 and 10 second cars.

I know when my vette was running 13.5 and I modded it to 12.8s the first thing I was thinking was I wanna run a z06 or viper. sure I would probally lose but I wanted the chance.

I mean sure if Im a personal friend with somebody who has a sprayed fbody then hell yea Ill do it. But Im not goin out of my way to race someone with a supercharged mustang who wants to race me.

Its all about the risk. Where Im from in virginia Id race anyone. Theres so many long straight roads with very little police activity.

But where Im at now you will pass 3-5 cops on your average day.

Gotta be worth it.

This viper owner seemed like an arrogant jackass. It wasnt about risk ect. With him. It was the your not worthy.

More ten second fbodies in the united states than just about any car. Could have defiently got his *** smoked
Old 03-27-2012, 01:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Killemall, haven't you ran high hp Civics in the past?

Sorry if I'm incorrect, but if that is so, your statements of them not being worth your time is kind of moot.