Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for best exhaust, heads, intake for build

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for best exhaust, heads, intake for build

building a N/A motor looking for 500-600 out of it. im thinking about the FAST 102 intake t/b combo. I did a ton of research and everyone says the LS6 intake is no comparison. Also curious about heads? ive run patriots on my modular fords but Im reading some people are saying to stay away from them on the LS1. so I also read some guys are loving the AFR heads for N/A builds any specific opinions? the car will also have a fairly aggressive cam. Lastly im also looking into doing a set of LT's. I can't lie I haven't spent much time researching these because it seemed to be everyone's opinions about sound which means nothing to me I am curious if anyone can tell me which ones will perform the best?
Old 03-26-2012, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're asking for best in regards to pirce and performance....well let's just say that a lot of people here have the mindset that more money equals more performance which is true to an extent.

The fast 102 combo is the best and the afr 205's would be best for heads. Anything bigger on stock cube ls1 is worthless, search recipe for 500hp. Now for headers, go with 1 7/8 primaries. There have been no outright comparisons between companies for which performs best. If you top notch quality and performance go with ARH or kooks. If you want performance but don't mind the not as great quality, go with TSP. If you got the extra cash, PM tony mamo about him porting you a fast 102 and porting you a pair of AFR heads, he is the best in the business and as such is pricey. 1300 for a ported fast plus the price of the AFR and another hefty price to have him work them over but he can also spec you a custom cam to extract every ounce out your combo. But to be realistic, the most I have seen N/A ls1 and streetable is 520 or so WHP that's around 600 at the crank and that's doing the above mentioned. GL with your build.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you're doing just h/c/i? custom tailored is the only way to go on all 3. there are some great cam guys and head porters out there. also another option that might be worth mentioning is going to a single plane intake. the edelbrock can be had for cheap and with a little porting can really perform. there are a lot of nay sayers out there that say single planes are ONLY for high revving set ups, and they WILL drive like crap on the street. but i don't know if i buy what they're selling.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...out-gians.html

that being said, i have a FAST waiting to go on my car. (but thats because i found everything used too cheap to pass up)