Street Racing & Kill Stories - El mero maro vs 2011 5.0 gt with mods

lablackbeast
03-27-2012, 01:14 AM
well this is my homeboys 5.0 mustang gt with some mods, i had raced him before and posted it up videos of me and him but now he added the boss intake and a cat back.

first we did a 30. he spun and hooked by second, then he miss shifted 4th gear and we left off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62pcCAsOfOY&list=UUZlBX68nhTOE44RDn7IIlGg&index=3&feature=plcp

second run was a 50 roll, i passed him up at 142mph but the passenger didnt record that but i did, but i cant upload the video (its to long)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OFpbvKJng0&list=UUZlBX68nhTOE44RDn7IIlGg&index=2&feature=plcp

and last we did a 60 roll, he miss shifted so i let off and he got back on it again and so did I, you can clearly hear my car when i let off and got back on it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7mZhAV9M7w&list=UUZlBX68nhTOE44RDn7IIlGg&index=1&feature=plcp

mods on both cars.
L99 has a tune only and straight pipes
5.0 with drag package (373s and shorty headers) CAI, boss intake, cat back, and sct programmer, it really needs a REAL tune which he is getting tomorrow and we should be running again tomorrow

adamantium
03-27-2012, 01:17 AM
Links not working.

lablackbeast
03-27-2012, 01:30 AM
fixed

Snake_Skinner
03-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Good kill, not what I would of expected. Did you have a passenger?

lablackbeast
03-27-2012, 02:52 AM
Good kill, not what I would of expected. Did you have a passenger?

yes i did have a passenger

itsslow98
03-27-2012, 03:22 AM
He should be making 420+rwhp. My buddy has a ford racing procal canned tune and made 385, my brothers with a dynotune and CAI made 414/400 on the same dyno. With a boss intake that car should go high teens.

LS1rob00
03-27-2012, 03:27 AM
He should be making 420+rwhp. My buddy has a ford racing procal canned tune and made 385, my brothers with a dynotune and CAI made 414/400 on the same dyno. With a boss intake that car should go high teens.

Key word, should. Lol. A lot of cars should run a certain time but don't due to driver error etc. I was surprised that the L99 pulled as well as it did.

Nice run though OP. Your car seems to run well for tune only.

ohioborn80
03-27-2012, 05:42 AM
What Shorty headers he have? Nice runs.

Tell him to Rev it to 7700 with the boss. If he don't he wasted his money really. That and mat h a off road x pipe with it.

Rhino79
03-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Good kill, car runs good for tune and cat delete!

HioSSilver
03-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Good runs! Looks like 5th Gens are better then Ohio thinks.

lablackbeast
03-27-2012, 09:09 AM
What Shorty headers he have? Nice runs.

Tell him to Rev it to 7700 with the boss. If he don't he wasted his money really. That and mat h a off road x pipe with it.

he dont have shorty headers, he has that racing package that they have some short of headers and 373s

sweetC5
03-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Another 5.0 death from a 5th gen :P good work!

ohioborn80
03-27-2012, 11:31 AM
he dont have shorty headers, he has that racing package that they have some short of headers and 373s

There is no racing package that comes with shorty heads. They all have the same headers. Be it a regular base model or a loaded with brembo car. There was no real track package either. You could order any combination. You could even get the brembo's(track pachage with bigger wheels to fit) with out 3.73's or other way if wanted. As the gears could just be added or ordered with what ever level wanted as I got a base with just 3.73 gears no brembo's. With manual you had 3 options with gears. 3.31's 3.55's, and 3.73's. The 3.73's option was $199 when I bought my manual car. Stupid auto's have one option. 3.15's.

lablackbeast
03-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Yea well camaros autos come with 327s I mean if our cars would have camed with the 373s and the 200# less than the 5.0s come with they would be killer!!!!! I run a 12.5 @ 110 the way I sit, tune only and straight pipe, If I was to have 373s and 200# less I think I will have low low 12s, btw when I ran that 12.5 # 110 my race weight was 4110 with me in it so I am happy with my camaro

Johnnystock
03-27-2012, 11:57 AM
L99 are nice when tuned!! Otherwise, theyre turds!! Its funny to see some 11' SS killing some 5.0 these days in this section, because internet fanboys made me believe all 5.0 with tune and DRs are good for 11s@118mph+++

sweetC5
03-27-2012, 12:30 PM
L99 are nice when tuned!! Otherwise, theyre turds!! Its funny to see some 11' SS killing some 5.0 these days in this section, because internet fanboys made me believe all 5.0 with tune and DRs are good for 11s@118mph+++

:rotflmao: I been trying to tell you guys thats bullshit for a hole fucking year...I dont know how many people buy into that shit! Now the kills will start adding up because some real muscle car heads are getting into these cars and the posers are selling them for the next great thing. LOL

GXPPOWER
03-27-2012, 01:10 PM
:rotflmao: I been trying to tell you guys thats bullshit for a hole fucking year...I dont know how many people buy into that shit! Now the kills will start adding up because some real muscle car heads are getting into these cars and the posers are selling them for the next great thing. LOL

I witnessed first hand a m6 5.0 run 12.4@114 stock. and 11.9@117 with DR and a tune. equal drivers there is no competition the Stang will walk the camaro. better weight to power. better gearing.

ohioborn80
03-27-2012, 01:19 PM
I witnessed first hand a m6 5.0 run 12.4@114 stock. and 11.9@117 with DR and a tune. equal drivers there is no competition the Stang will walk the camaro. better weight to power. better gearing.

Pretty much.

Johnnystock
03-27-2012, 01:21 PM

Pretty much.

Here they go again, I'm outta here.

sweetC5
03-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Well the guy must be a hell of a driver, cuz I havent and I seen plenty of them. No dought the stang is a bit better on the strip, I know this but it shure as hell is not what what these nut swingers say they are and its not the avg. I seen a guy in my club trap 116 in a header and tune camaro also so its not far behind. I am pretty confident my car would have traped pretty close to that if it was tuned with the headers since I traped 113 a few times. I am just saying, they can be beat and will be many times.

thunderstruck507
03-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Best I've seen is 12.6@112mph stock and 12.4@113(nearly 114)mph with a tune. He was going to put radials on it but the wheels wouldn't clear the brakes.

But the guy who bought my brother's old POS and fixed the transmission said it went 11.8 on drag radials with a tune and CAI but 11.6 on slicks flogging the hell out of the trans.

ohioborn80
03-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Best I've seen is 12.6@112mph stock and 12.4@113(nearly 114)mph with a tune. He was going to put radials on it but the wheels wouldn't clear the brakes.

But the guy who bought my brother's old POS and fixed the transmission said it went 11.8 on drag radials with a tune and CAI but 11.6 on slicks flogging the hell out of the trans.

With a huge 6k launch I could see a 11.6. Some people have been testiung the cold airs and found no gains with them.

karpetcm
03-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Honestly we can go all day about how much a tune will benefit an L99 camaro, realistically if anyone has driven an L99 any type of tune will help the tranny, in stock form its terrible to say the least. Also to be fair the 5.0's A6 from the factory to me is ALOT better then the camaro's although not perfect either and that will also benefit as well from a tune. So both can be said and go either way. The camaro does well once it gets higher in the rpms and the differences in acceleration because less noticable and they are much closer stock to stock especially the LS3 compared to the 5.0. The 5.0 feels lighter and honestly it having less bottom end torque is hardly noticable to me when i drove them, mainly because of the weight of the camaro on that initial tap of the throttle. Again i sell camaro's and would love to say its a better car of the 2 but the mustang is a half step if not a full step ahead. Thats ok though because competition is why these 2 cars have survived as long as they have and you will always have biased opinions mixed with reality. In the end my preference is the new 5.0 nothing taken away from the Camaro.

ohioborn80
03-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Honestly we can go all day about how much a tune will benefit an L99 camaro, realistically if anyone has driven an L99 any type of tune will help the tranny, in stock form its terrible to say the least. Also to be fair the 5.0's A6 from the factory to me is ALOT better then the camaro's although not perfect either and that will also benefit as well from a tune. So both can be said and go either way. The camaro does well once it gets higher in the rpms and the differences in acceleration because less noticable and they are much closer stock to stock especially the LS3 compared to the 5.0. The 5.0 feels lighter and honestly it having less bottom end torque is hardly noticable to me when i drove them, mainly because of the weight of the camaro on that initial tap of the throttle. Again i sell camaro's and would love to say its a better car of the 2 but the mustang is a half step if not a full step ahead. Thats ok though because competition is why these 2 cars have survived as long as they have and you will always have biased opinions mixed with reality. In the end my preference is the new 5.0 nothing taken away from the Camaro.
They both suck in stock form for the auto. My car stock took forever to drop down and shift. It was slightly better then my G8 though. And the auto camaro I drove seemed like it wouldn't get out it's own way.

What funny is my wife sells camaro's also. She has sold 3 this month plus a few other new Chevy. She said more been buying cruzes and sonics lately.

DietCoke
03-27-2012, 05:52 PM
We watched a manual 5.0 at the strip run 13.8@105 all day on drag radials last weekend. Its all in the driver most of the time.

ScreaminRedZ
03-27-2012, 05:57 PM
What's a Sonic?

OP, good close races!

Sticks n Stones
03-27-2012, 06:35 PM
We watched a manual 5.0 at the strip run 13.8@105 all day on drag radials last weekend. Its all in the driver most of the time.

Yeah but end of last year there was a guy who had his 100lb hot blonde wife driving his tune/Hpipe/CAI/catback/DR auto 5.0 to consistent 12.3 @ 114mph.

ohioborn80
03-27-2012, 06:59 PM

And I watched a LT, cold air, tuned ls3 5th gen on drag radials run 14s. As said its all in driver and track prep.

NightmareTA
03-27-2012, 07:14 PM
ANY factory auto car these days blows donkey dick. They all come with long ass shit gearing, soft shifts, and no stall. Therefore, all stock auto cars have nowhere near the balls of anything with a stick for the most part. This is why I always laugh at guys that will smoke an auto LS2 GTO and go around saying they "beat" LS2 GTO's all the time.

And to the OP...vids were tough to see much and all I heard was the camaro's exhaust so it was tough to gauge what was actually going on. I've seen auto 5th gens in action.....I'm going to be honest...I don't even know how the stang did that badly against you, even being an auto. If he has all the mods you claim he does, then I would have though it would be a bit more one sided in his favor. But hey a kill is a kill I guess, so good kill.

karpetcm
03-27-2012, 07:42 PM
They both suck in stock form for the auto. My car stock took forever to drop down and shift. It was slightly better then my G8 though. And the auto camaro I drove seemed like it wouldn't get out it's own way.

What funny is my wife sells camaro's also. She has sold 3 this month plus a few other new Chevy. She said more been buying cruzes and sonics lately.

Our dealership is super slow we only sell about 50-65 cars a month so were always late on what starts to sell especially when the cruze and sonic first came out we couldnt sell them. I have a cruze that i bought for the wife 1.4 turbo. I do admit GM has come a long way since the cobalt, lol.

ohioborn80
03-27-2012, 07:44 PM
first we did a 30. he spun and hooked by second, then he miss shifted 4th gear and we left off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62pcCAsOfOY&list=UUZlBX68nhTOE44RDn7IIlGg&index=3&feature=plcp

Sound slike you hit before 3rd hit also. And you can see him on the limiter as it lights up red. And rest his gauges are still blue

lablackbeast
03-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Sound slike you hit before 3rd hit also. And you can see him on the limiter as it lights up red. And rest his gauges are still blue

We both hit it at the same time, nobody took off early another thing is that you can hear my car more cause I have straight pipe, I think if I would have token the hit i would have jumped right out the bat, o and idk whats that red light

ohioborn80
03-27-2012, 09:18 PM
We both hit it at the same time, nobody took off early another thing is that you can hear my car more cause I have straight pipe, I think if I would have token the hit i would have jumped right out the bat, o and idk whats that red light

The red light is telling him to shift. Its a built in shift light.

SalvageZ28
03-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Yeah but end of last year there was a guy who had his 100lb hot blonde wife driving his tune/Hpipe/CAI/catback/DR auto 5.0 to consistent 12.3 @ 114mph.

LOL thats funny at the end of the year last year 2 guys from tacoma came down to PIR with new 5.0's with full bolt ons and boss intakes and couldnt get any better than 12.3. I had to smack them around with my beater camaro=)

Rhino79
03-27-2012, 10:22 PM
ANY factory auto car these days blows donkey dick. They all come with long ass shit gearing, soft shifts, and no stall. Therefore, all stock auto cars have nowhere near the balls of anything with a stick for the most part. This is why I always laugh at guys that will smoke an auto LS2 GTO and go around saying they "beat" LS2 GTO's all the time.

And to the OP...vids were tough to see much and all I heard was the camaro's exhaust so it was tough to gauge what was actually going on. I've seen auto 5th gens in action.....I'm going to be honest...I don't even know how the stang did that badly against you, even being an auto. If he has all the mods you claim he does, then I would have though it would be a bit more one sided in his favor. But hey a kill is a kill I guess, so good kill.

The autos don't really suck as far as gearing. The tuning from the factory is weak. But even with just 3.27s you still are in 4th before the traps. It takes a good tune on an l99 car for it to perform to its potential. They pickup crazy torque under the curve and tq mgt is ridiculous from the factory.

NightmareTA
03-27-2012, 10:26 PM
The autos don't really suck as far as gearing. The tuning from the factory is weak. But even with just 3.27s you still are in 4th before the traps. It takes a good tune on an l99 car for it to perform to its potential. They pickup crazy torque under the curve and tq mgt is ridiculous from the factory.

Gearing probably isn't so bad anymore (unlike the wonderful 2.73 option on the auto 4th gens) but they do come with overly "soft" setups. I'm sure it has a lot to do with manufacturers offering better warranties and trying to prolong the tranny life. Still, it sucks to buy a brand new auto car only to tune it for much better performance and harder shifting, and then lose your warranty lol.

lablackbeast
03-28-2012, 01:11 PM

What kind of weight reduction did you do.?? I been trying to hit better times but its my daily and dont want to make it into my race car lol

ohioborn80
03-28-2012, 01:53 PM
What kind of weight reduction did you do.?? I been trying to hit better times but its my daily and dont want to make it into my race car lol

Lighter rims, lighter brakes, lighter driveshaft, lighter yet stronger suspension is a good start.

WSsick
03-28-2012, 02:17 PM
What's a Sonic?

OP, good close races!

Aveo replacement

http://0.tqn.com/d/cars/1/0/T/Q/2/12_sonic_hatch.jpg

S8ER95Z
03-28-2012, 02:26 PM

Which btw is fucking awesome! I didn't like the fact that I saw it 3 times on my 'casual trip to triple digits on a closed track in mexico' but it is a very nice touch imho.

lablackbeast
03-28-2012, 08:01 PM

What rpm does the red light turn on at.??

ohioborn80
03-28-2012, 08:05 PM
What rpm does the red light turn on at.??

Depends on what redline is set at. Mine turns on at 7400 if manually shiffting auto. My manual turned on at 7800. My raptor shift light was set at 7700.

lablackbeast
03-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Lighter rims, lighter brakes, lighter driveshaft, lighter yet stronger suspension is a good start.

I dont want to mess with the looks lol, is the anyway you can rev up an auto in nuetral and throw it into D to get the 60ft down.?? I know its kinda of a stupid question and wouldnt mind trying, but hey I aint I wouldnt mind trying

lablackbeast
03-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Depends on what redline is set at. Mine turns on at 7400 if manually shiffting auto. My manual turned on at 7800. My raptor shift light was set at 7700.

O well idk cause maybe when he hits the cluth thr rpms throw there self up there and the light turns on, I mean the guy drives fucking good imo, o and btw imagine if my 6.2 could be reved up atleast 7000.?? I think it would be another different beast

Rhino79
03-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Roman, I have only pulled the crash supports behind the front and rear fascias to free up about 50 lbs. Oh and the Sway bar, engine cover, saved weight with the lts, and washer bottle delete to make room for the cai scoop. 3900 with me and a 1/4 tank of fuel.

For the track this time, I have the front pass seat, rear seats, trunk liner carpet, shock rods for truck and hood removed, and the compressor kit out. Should be around 3750-3780 with a 1/4 tank and me.

ohioborn80
03-28-2012, 08:34 PM
O well idk cause maybe when he hits the cluth thr rpms throw there self up there and the light turns on, I mean the guy drives fucking good imo, o and btw imagine if my 6.2 could be reved up atleast 7000.?? I think it would be another different beast

You can rev the 5.0 to 7800 easy no issue.

You don't want to do a tranny drop. Get a stall. Doing a tranny drop will lead to a fucked up tranny.

Rhino79
03-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Get an ss3600 or hit up fti, can't go wrong with either. When funds permit, I'll prolly rock a 3600 Yank. Maybe a 4000ss

1ltcap
03-28-2012, 08:51 PM
And I watched a LT, cold air, tuned ls3 5th gen on drag radials run 14s. As said its all in driver and track prep.

in the realm of street cars, i'd say driver more than track prep. a good driver can and will find his way around a crappy track.

1ltcap
03-28-2012, 08:55 PM
The red light is telling him to shift. Its a built in shift light.

my understanding is that that is redline.......if i'm wrong, how does one adjust it?

ohioborn80
03-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Get an ss3600 or hit up fti, can't go wrong with either. When funds permit, I'll prolly rock a 3600 Yank. Maybe a 4000ss
Circle D> all others

And 3800-4000 stall for max

Want to keep reasonable driveability 3600 with out killing mpg..

The auto ss is almost identical to the G8 and ls3to gxp.

ohioborn80
03-28-2012, 08:57 PM
my understanding is that that is redline.......if i'm wrong, how does one adjust it?

Change your redline with am tune.

1ltcap
03-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Change your redline with am tune.

nah........the redline's fine right where it's at. if i have to change my redline in order to change when that light comes on, then it is not a shift light. if it were a shift light, it would be adjustable.

ohioborn80
03-28-2012, 09:03 PM
nah........the redline's fine right where it's at. if i have to change my redline in order to change when that light comes on, then it is not a shift light. if it were a shift light, it would be adjustable.

It goes off your computer. If remember right pops on 50-100 rpm before redline.

1ltcap
03-28-2012, 09:45 PM
It goes off your computer. If remember right pops on 50-100 rpm before redline.

yea, that's not a shift light.....that's a "hey stupid, you're about to blow it up" light. :D

ohioborn80
03-28-2012, 09:47 PM
yea, that's not a shift light.....that's a "hey stupid, you're about to blow it up" light. :D

LOL...If your shifting like should it works perfect. If not yep redlining nlowing engine happens. Oh ya thats that number 8 issue.

lablackbeast
03-29-2012, 12:41 AM
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii516/ROFLO6200/Mobile%20Uploads/534141_359359557436457_100000872479867_1035433_191 759601_n.jpg

his dyno sheet, the 533 its on supposably only a 75 shot, but i think its a bit more

ohioborn80
03-29-2012, 05:19 AM
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii516/ROFLO6200/Mobile%20Uploads/534141_359359557436457_100000872479867_1035433_191 759601_n.jpg

his dyno sheet, the 533 its on supposably only a 75 shot, but i think its a bit more

So he gained 100+whp off a 75 shot? Who car is this?. And yes he is running a bigger shot. Guessing he is running a 150-175 shot.

lablackbeast
03-29-2012, 08:27 AM
So he gained 100+whp off a 75 shot? Who car is this?. And yes he is running a bigger shot. Guessing he is running a 150-175 shot.

thats the 5.0s dyno sheet, the one i just raced he went to the dybo and installed a nitrous kit too, the day after this race happened and yes at first he didnt want to tell me he was on spray, so i did my lil research and the only way to get to 500rwhp (with his mods) is to either on a 150 shot of dope, OR cam heads and full exhaust (which i knew he didnt have) so i confront him and he admit it, but he said it was more like a 75 not a 150, and i asked him if he gained 121rwhp gain with just a 75 shot and he never replied back lol ...... i feel proud of myself :eyes: i made a ford owner get nitrous :devil:

1ltcap
03-29-2012, 08:42 AM
LOL...If your shifting like should it works perfect. If not yep redlining nlowing engine happens. Oh ya thats that number 8 issue.

you're trolling me, aren't ya? :D

thunderstruck507
03-29-2012, 08:51 AM
With a huge 6k launch I could see a 11.6. Some people have been testiung the cold airs and found no gains with them.

Funny I mentioned that car the other day, I got a text from my brother yesterday.

Transmission took a shit again, third gear this time. He is glad he got rid of it instead of fixing it last time.

S8ER95Z
03-29-2012, 09:14 AM

Now that you mention it... I was running the gears pretty hard and had the red light every shift but I didn't feel it hit like it does in my car. Was I hitting the actual limiter or just shifting right at the redline? I know in my car when I hit the limiter you can't help but notice (and I'm pretty sure it hurts my times).

lablackbeast
03-29-2012, 08:00 PM
bump. for an L99 vs a m6 migthy 5.0 mustang

Rhino79
03-29-2012, 08:52 PM
You get my post on weight reduction? Im going to memphis to run tomorrow night. Lookin for a 12.3 but the da is prolly gonna be around 1200 or so, may no get it..

lablackbeast
03-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Roman, I have only pulled the crash supports behind the front and rear fascias to free up about 50 lbs. Oh and the Sway bar, engine cover, saved weight with the lts, and washer bottle delete to make room for the cai scoop. 3900 with me and a 1/4 tank of fuel.

For the track this time, I have the front pass seat, rear seats, trunk liner carpet, shock rods for truck and hood removed, and the compressor kit out. Should be around 3750-3780 with a 1/4 tank and me.

you removing the hood..???????? and i dont see a problem of you hiting that 12.3

lablackbeast
03-30-2012, 01:13 AM
There is no racing package that comes with shorty heads. They all have the same headers. Be it a regular base model or a loaded with brembo car. There was no real track package either. You could order any combination. You could even get the brembo's(track pachage with bigger wheels to fit) with out 3.73's or other way if wanted. As the gears could just be added or ordered with what ever level wanted as I got a base with just 3.73 gears no brembo's. With manual you had 3 options with gears. 3.31's 3.55's, and 3.73's. The 3.73's option was $199 when I bought my manual car. Stupid auto's have one option. 3.15's.

NIce kill and loss. I would expect more out the TT 1000hp 5th Gen. Yes the 5.0 comes with basically shorty headers from the factory. They are tubular headers.

ohio, i tought they didnt have shorty headers from factory..?? you said this yourself on this thread
http://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/1520286-03-cobra-vs-12-5-0-vs-tt-5th-gen-camaro.html

Rhino79
03-30-2012, 04:59 AM
No the hood. The lil strut that supports it.

1ltcap
03-30-2012, 07:56 AM
NIce kill and loss. I would expect more out the TT 1000hp 5th Gen. Yes the 5.0 comes with basically shorty headers from the factory. They are tubular headers.

ohio, i tought they didnt have shorty headers from factory..?? you said this yourself on this thread
http://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/1520286-03-cobra-vs-12-5-0-vs-tt-5th-gen-camaro.html

5 liters were coming from the factory with headers since about 1988 or so.

1ltcap
03-30-2012, 07:57 AM
No the hood. The lil strut that supports it.

you're taking all that stuff out of a NEW camaro?

fuck that!! i'd just toss a supercharger on it and be done. the reason for buying a beauty like that is to.....have a fast beautiful car. no reason to trash it to go a couple tenths faster.

Rhino79
03-30-2012, 08:00 AM
It took 20 mins to pulls seats, the sway is staying off, that took about 30min. The misc trunk stuff took like 5 mins. It all goes back in easy.

1ltcap
03-30-2012, 08:15 AM
It took 20 mins to pulls seats, the sway is staying off, that took about 30min. The misc trunk stuff took like 5 mins. It all goes back in easy.

don't misinterpret me. i wasn't meaning to be a dick this time. i used to do just what you're doing. but i did it with 67-68 mustangs. i even did it with my 83 5 liter.

it's just that now, possibly because i'm almost old......i don't want to be bothered with that. the idea of having a beautiful car that i can simply drive to the strip, click off some times that equal or exceed what i used to do after pulling all that stuff.....then coming back down the return road with the a/c on is more appealing to me now.

that......and the new camaros are the best looking that've been built since the 69.......if i owned one, i just couldn't bring myself to pull that stuff out. as it is, i've got the boss302 air dam sitting in the back room of my shop......i can't make myself pull the fascia off of my gt to install the dam gthing.

Rhino79
03-30-2012, 09:00 AM
LOL, i know what your saying man. It took me a little while before I was ok with doing anything with it. The weather here in the south is heating up, and basically now is my chance to get a good slip, or i'll be waiting till fall due to our shitty humid muggy weather..lol.