Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1- ls3 conv

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1- ls3 conv

I know their was a post a few months ago on a total list of parts to complete a ls1- ls3 conversion.....I was wondering if anyone had the link?

And if I decided to do it what would be the recommended block ?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Found this link:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...02-f-body.html

Last edited by szalkerous; 04-12-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Just avoid the Lingenfelter conversion box, it's a POS that will strand you...ask me how I know. Nut up for the reluctor wheel swap and you will MASSIVELY enjoy this motor...it's a stunner.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmilz28
Just avoid the Lingenfelter conversion box, it's a POS that will strand you...ask me how I know. Nut up for the reluctor wheel swap and you will MASSIVELY enjoy this motor...it's a stunner.
When did you buy the Lingenfelter conversion box?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...box-users.html

Last edited by DANSBIRD; 04-12-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the link. I had the early version of the 001, late in 2009. I immediately diagnosed the cause somewhat and I began carrying an ice pack in a cooler. I also tried thermally insulating the box AND rerouting it inside the cabin with no real success. In the summer, I would still only go a few miles before having to do this drill again, not helpful in a car that you'd actually like to drive. I had the conversion done at LMR and they had three other vehicles having the exact same issue at that moment. LPE was less than helpful and their attitude was crappy. Guess what? Their updated versions which they sent after a long runaround had the same issue, even after insulating. Perhaps the third version is better, I don't know and don't care to find out. I know this soured me (and my wife) on this whole effort. Problems are one thing and expected when you push the envelope but addressing it so slowly and so poorly are inexcusable, nevermind that this was also through a nationally accomplished shop. I will never buy another LPE product again. Caveat emptor. Hope your results are better but replacing the reluctor wheel is the best solution.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmilz28
Thanks for the link. I had the early version of the 001, late in 2009. I immediately diagnosed the cause somewhat and I began carrying an ice pack in a cooler. I also tried thermally insulating the box AND rerouting it inside the cabin with no real success. In the summer, I would still only go a few miles before having to do this drill again, not helpful in a car that you'd actually like to drive. I had the conversion done at LMR and they had three other vehicles having the exact same issue at that moment. LPE was less than helpful and their attitude was crappy. Guess what? Their updated versions which they sent after a long runaround had the same issue, even after insulating. Perhaps the third version is better, I don't know and don't care to find out. I know this soured me (and my wife) on this whole effort. Problems are one thing and expected when you push the envelope but addressing it so slowly and so poorly are inexcusable, nevermind that this was also through a nationally accomplished shop. I will never buy another LPE product again. Caveat emptor. Hope your results are better but replacing the reluctor wheel is the best solution.
After tearing down the engine and replacing the reluctor wheel, how much money, total, did you have in that little reluctor wheel swap?
Old 04-14-2012, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

I didn't. I ended up kluging it and getting rid of the car. I chose to take quite a bath on it by disclosing the entire ordeal to the seller and adjusting the price accordingly. Hindsight being what it is, had I done the swap while the engine was out, the reluctor swap would have only been a couple or three hundred more than the cost of the conversion box.

Quick Reply: ls1- ls3 conv