Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do I need to put a LS2 MAF/T body on my LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What do I need to put a LS2 MAF/T body on my LS1?

Where can I get a 3 wire to 5 wire MAF harness coupler? Does someone make a throttle body conversion kit for the LS2 MAF?

I'm pulling serious vacuum up top with my current setup, (stock LS1 MAF/Tbody, LS6 intake manifold, EPS 226/230 cam, mid length headers/cat delete/exhaust.

Tuner is pointing at my MAF/Tbody being too small first, then the headers second. Since it's easier/cheaper for me to swap the intake stuff I want to address that first...

Where are people sourcing the tbody/MAF's from?

TIA!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well first off, stock maf is fairly good until you start running bigger cubes. thats when the stock maf no longer as able to read airflow since it is being outflown persay lol. the restriction is the ls6, thats where your vucuum is coming from. the ls6 is not meant to flow for larger cams and heads. you should start there IMO, and a larger tb is not going to remedy that becuase of the design of the ls6, it can only flow up to a certain point then it falls on its face. read recipe for 500 hp, alot of excellent info there. Also look into larger injectors, as a matter of fact the bosche 3 injectors. they are white and flow 41 lbs on fbody fuel PSI. stock injectors will be the next thing holding you back as they will max out flow. next, your headers are working fine for your setup, but for better peak you can look at some 1 3/4 for your setup or for plans in the future for heads look into tsp 1 7/8 headers.

but to answer your questions, 3-5 wire converiosn harness can be bought from casper electronics or pace performance. you will need one with the plug for the iat sensor as well should run no more then 40 bucks

any gm 85mm maf will work, can pick up a truck maf at autozone for 100 bucks

hope this helps, GL
Old 04-02-2012, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Definitely not running out of injector yet, no issues with duty cycle on them. I do have a larger set sitting on my garage shelf if I need them though.

So you think a FAST 90/92 is what I need then?
Old 04-02-2012, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes, deffinately. a 90 will be plenty big, and big in regards to throttle opening, plenum volume, and runner flow. if thats out of your price range you could look for a bbk 85 intake but get a better throttle body then the bbk, they are proven performers, and don't listen to anybody about having heatsoak, its been proven to not exist.

here check this out, this is how i figured out mine were maxed. http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx?UserID=12545528&SessionID=MrP2{QMNd rJ47t2ag6wZ
Old 04-03-2012, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

talked with Geoff at EPS, he suggested my bigger issues were the headers and that while the intake would help, with the amount of money I'd spend on a FAST 90/92 I'd be better off doing the headers instead.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, now you have few ideas to look at and make a good decision. Headers would be good, but if you're pulling vacuum, then you should consider intake. Just my .2 cents
Old 04-17-2012, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

Sourced a FAST 90 throttle body, still looking for a FAST 90 intake manifold. What about using an LS2 intake manifold instead? Is it a direct bolt on or do I need to swap fuel rails as well?
Old 04-17-2012, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ls2 intake flows the same, If not worse than the ls6.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, but my FAST 90 throttle body bolts onto the LS2 manifold. I'd have to spend $350 plus shipping to send my current LS6 manifold to get a 90mm snout added to it.

It may be cheaper for me to pick up an LS2 manifold and rails and clean it up vs modifying my current LS6 manifold. Then I also end up having my LS6 manifold available to sell...

Quick Reply: What do I need to put a LS2 MAF/T body on my LS1?