air bag system tech needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 11:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air bag system tech needed

i have an 09 tahoe and its throwin a b0015 code i think. it is supposed to be for the left front seat switch. im looking for someone who works at a dealership and wants to make some side money to troubleshoot this and tell me for sure whats wrong with it. i dont trust any repair shops around here to not throw parts at it and if it wasnt on the air bags i'd try to troubleshoot it myself. i'm around richmond/rosenberg and i have tools, voltmeters, shop at my house so all that would be needed is your expertise.

thanks,

mason
Old 04-01-2012, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

9 times out of 10 it's a poor connection. Raise the seat all the way up and shut off the ignition. Pull the SIR fuse and after a minute unplug, inspect, and reconnect securely all the yellow plugs under the seat and behind the LH kick panel. Put the fuse back in and turn the ignition on and most of the time the code is gone. If not carry on.

Vernon
Old 04-02-2012, 08:59 PM
TECH Regular

ok. thanks. i am always a little concerned when it comes to air bag stuff. i work on equipment so im not afraid of electrical at all just a bunch of air bags flying out everywhere. ha ha. do i need to disconnect the battery too?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

like above poster said, it's probably the connection, although for B0015, it's the seat belt retractor connector. There is a bulletin on that connection, to take it apart, clean it, put dielectric grease, and install a connection assurance clip. P/N 12052834 for the clip

you do not have to remove the battery, just remove the key and make sure the accessorys time out before you remove the connector.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 PM
TECH Regular

Ok. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: air bag system tech needed