PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wide band guage display the condition of the 02 sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default wide band guage display the condition of the 02 sensors?

I'm monitoring my fuel milage a little closer and want to improve it.plus I have a GA emmsions inspection coming up.

I have read that 02 sensors on a normal stock car are good for 100K miles, also read that LTs signifcantly reduce a 02 sensors life

?1. how long are 02 sensors good for in LTs?

?2.will a wide band guage display the condition of the 02 sensors? note at idel and part throttle it's usalley dead on 14.7 don't really get any chances to floor it but when I do it's at 11.4 I know thats a tad rich.

?3.I've only changed the stock 02s to Bosh 13111 Vette style once allmost 6 years ago and 40K miles.
I'm not sure if these 02s cause my SES to come on then off (read that some people have problems w/ the Bosh?

Edit a expert mechanic once told me when visualley inspecting the inside of sensors the slites should be open and not completely covered w/ carbon ?4.was this good advice? ?5. how much is to much carbon?

if I post a image of the 02 can you Guy's tell if it needs replacing or cleaning?

Thanks

Last edited by badmfkr; 04-01-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

A wb won't tell you about the nb's other than if the commanded afr is being maintained.
A scan/log of the factory O2's will show the level of activity, and indicate their condition.
Lts won't necessarily shorten a NB sensor life, but it may affect the accuracy, depending on location in the pipe, etc. [That SES U R seeing could be due to the lts affecting the temp of the NB sensors....]

11.4 at WOT is really fat..12.8 should be closer to what you'd be shooting for.

A cam with significantly different specs can also contribute to the NB performance.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Chuck my spark plugs (AC delco Irdiums) have 19K miles, brand new fuel fliter, clean KN air fliter
(LGM lid not that tight next time it goe's back on I use the zip tie trick for a good seal)

think I'll attemp to clean the MAF w/ actualle MAF cleaner over the 10.5 years I've had this car I've only cleaned the screen an body of MAF w/ a cloth never touching the thin wires.

I usalley wet a cloth w/ Lucas injector cleaner and wipe out the TB.

then if if I still have the SES I'll test the 02 sensors on car w/ a mulitmeter (I don't have acess to a scanner)

?what color is the signal wire on my Bosh 13111 02s

Thanks