4.8 Harness ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default 4.8 Harness ?

This may be the wrong area for this !

I have a 4.8 Harness for my swap but I was told that they are a pain in the booty to convert and to use a fbody harness. I using a TBSS intake manifold with a 92mm(ebay) cable TB.

I don't really know what direction to go in any suggestions anyone ? I have a guy waiting to sell me an 02 Camaro harness/pcm for $160.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is your 4.8 haqrness a DBW or DBC and is your TBSS TB a DBW or DBC? I would deffinatly get a harness that has the TB that you are using. Makes life easier. I have a 4.8 DBW that came with my engine and it works great, but it takes a bunch of work to convert it DBC because of the DBW doesn't use a IAC motor. I'm not even sure how to convert the harness, although I know it can be done, others on the site have done it. Let me know if you need some schematics and good luck!!!
Old 04-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

I know the 4.8 I have was a DBC ! The TBSS mani I not sure, it didn't come with a TB. How can I find out, is there something on the mani to tell me ?
Old 04-01-2012, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does the DBC TB bolt to the TBSS intake? I think th TBSS came out after the DBC wasn't used anymore. I would go on Ebay and get an adapter and use the DBC TB on the TBSS manifold. I se in you first post is says the Ebay stuff you bought was DBC, you shouldn't have a problem then, the connectors should be the same.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

TBSS is a drive by wire 4-bolt throttle body.

Daz,
You said you have an aftermarket 92mm DBC Throttle Body. Does it have a 4 bolt flange? If so, it will work that intake, if not, as mentioned you can buy an adapter or get a three bolt throttle body. Regarding harness, if you are set on reworking a harness, I would recommend you start with a DBC harness.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 04-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

I haven't bought the TB just as yet but it is my plan. Thanks for the info guys !

99VetteFRC I know you recently did a 4.8, did you use the harness for it ? I could pay someone to do the wiring for me or I can attempt it myself, how hard is it to do ? I have a guy who can do it plus a tune for $225.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I used my harness and rewired myself. took about 5 hrs total and wasn't very hard. I also used the DBW and TAC and pedal that came with the engine. It works great. There are also several good tutorials on youtube to help you do the harness. I also bought HPTuners and took out the VATS myself. Still running the stock 03 4.8 tune except I changed the idle to 800. I think it cost me all of $40 to do my harness, that was for connectors, tape, heatshrink, and a 6 circuit fuse block from Autozone.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Cool man, thanks !

Is this the vid ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tITS_uOXZrU
Old 04-02-2012, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah its one of several on there. The one I saw was a four part flick on doing a f-body harness.