Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

bunches of questions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bunches of questions!!!

ok..some of you might know, what I have 00 Z28 140K miles A4 with 3.73's..blown motor and a sts rear mount on it...okay...pulling the motor and putting forged pistons in, more than likely wiseco's and maaaaybe different rods, not sure yet but anyways here we go...

6.0 heads..no brainer to get them?
---if I use those what dish/dome do I need for proper compression for FI?
---Head gaskets? thickness? the ls1 ones or the 6.0 ones?

Oil pump?
---Use stock one or go with an aftermarket? What do you guys suggest?

Timing Chain?
---New stock or other recommended?

Cam?
---Turbo cam? custom cam?

PCV system?
---Such a great question I know, the LS6 valley and go from there? or can use stock setup with a simple easy way?

MAF or delete and use 2-bar?
---the guy that is going to dyno tune says using the maf is a little more street friendly..what have you guys experienced? i'd like to do away with it

FUELING

Pump?
---been looking at TSP's plug and play for around 200 bucks...anyone use this? or is there a different route to be taken?

Injectors?
---tuner said to get siemens deka 4 60lb-ers..also said he wouldnt touch it until it had different injectors and a different fuel pump in it because he says the stock injectors are pretty well maxed out already......recommendations??

a couple years down the road i MIGHT go with a t76 of some sort so you can keep that in mind if you'd like..but would like to get this setup mastered first

If there is anything else I am missing or you would like to suggest please feel free to help.....please dont recommend the most EXPENSIVE options there are..as for I am NOT made of money but will do what has to be done...thank you so much in advance!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of hp are you looking at? Any clue? I'm pretty sure 255lph pumps are only rated for about 500-550hp
Oil pump, you can use stock, there are a few threads with people using a stock on a turbo setup, I'd personally go with a ported LS6 or melling High Volume, not sure high pressure would be what you want in fears of blowing past the turbo seals.
Timing chain, I would think a stock would be fine, but if you wanted a little extra insurance maybe Cloyes sprockets and a C5R chain.
With the MAF can you use the MAF for idle and low rpm then have the PCM use the MAP sensor for speed density for the mid-upper rpm's? Not real sure about tuning, just a thought, may not be worth the bandwidth it used.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Teching In

On a budget I would go stock oil pump, 2 bar, and 60lb injectors, and if you can do put the rods in you will be glad you did later on, and make sure you leave all 4 steam ports open, and.. I think youll be happy
Old 04-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Teching In

There is a couple ways to set up your PCV system, but this should help you out.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/11059703-post70.html
Old 04-02-2012, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00zcamaro
There is a couple ways to set up your PCV system, but this should help you out.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/11059703-post70.html
looks like i have to run a line all the way back to my turbo??
Old 04-02-2012, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 91sonomast
What kind of hp are you looking at? Any clue? I'm pretty sure 255lph pumps are only rated for about 500-550hp
Oil pump, you can use stock, there are a few threads with people using a stock on a turbo setup, I'd personally go with a ported LS6 or melling High Volume, not sure high pressure would be what you want in fears of blowing past the turbo seals.
Timing chain, I would think a stock would be fine, but if you wanted a little extra insurance maybe Cloyes sprockets and a C5R chain.
With the MAF can you use the MAF for idle and low rpm then have the PCM use the MAP sensor for speed density for the mid-upper rpm's? Not real sure about tuning, just a thought, may not be worth the bandwidth it used.
im guessing im looking for whatever hp im capable of with the STS kit...probably better off with just doing a fuel pump
Old 04-03-2012, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

anybody??? chime in on the 6.0 heads??? do i need different pushrods too? or can i use my old ones?