Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablosport experiences...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 01:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Diablosport experiences...

Let me start off first by relaying my experience with Diablosport programmers . I purchased two programmers from them at the same time and over the course of three years both programmers have caused me more headaches than I prefer. The first one worked well for my LB7 Duramax but recently I decided to move all of my stuff over on to HPTuners. I put the programmer on Ebay but before I did I called Diablosport tech and verified that if I restored the factory tune it would work on another vehicle. I even made a Youtube video of me restoring the factory tune to show people it was ready to go. However, today I get an email from the buyer stating it's locked up and won't program another vehicle. Moving forward, when I talked to Diablo tech today they said it might have not fully reset because it's an older revision and that could be the reason why it won't work on another truck. Now my programmer is stuck in Michigan with some guy I don't know pissed off at me. The tech said if I had the original vehicle they could get me going. However, I don't know at what price nor do I trust what they say considering they told me I was fine to sell it in the first place. I refunded the man his money regardless because I hate drama and I don't want him caught in the middle. I think I exhausted every precaution and I still came out on the short end.

On to the next programmer, which was for my wife's 07 Mustang. At first it worked well but one random day it decided to go blank while programming. Luckily the car would still start but the programmer just turned itself into a nice paperweight. The tune was stuck in the car and Diablo wanted 99 dollars to fix the programmer. I programmed the car three times in that whole year and a half period. I understand things don't last forever but needless to say I'm a little disappointed. I have programmed thousands of cars between working for a GM dealer and tuning multiple cars with HPTuners. Maybe other people have success with their stuff but I'm 0/2 and out 660 dollars.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboStangJON
Let me start off first by relaying my experience with Diablosport programmers . I purchased two programmers from them at the same time and over the course of three years both programmers have caused me more headaches than I prefer. The first one worked well for my LB7 Duramax but recently I decided to move all of my stuff over on to HPTuners. I put the programmer on Ebay but before I did I called Diablosport tech and verified that if I restored the factory tune it would work on another vehicle. I even made a Youtube video of me restoring the factory tune to show people it was ready to go. However, today I get an email from the buyer stating it's locked up and won't program another vehicle. Moving forward, when I talked to Diablo tech today they said it might have not fully reset because it's an older revision and that could be the reason why it won't work on another truck. Now my programmer is stuck in Michigan with some guy I don't know pissed off at me. The tech said if I had the original vehicle they could get me going. However, I don't know at what price nor do I trust what they say considering they told me I was fine to sell it in the first place. I refunded the man his money regardless because I hate drama and I don't want him caught in the middle. I think I exhausted every precaution and I still came out on the short end.

On to the next programmer, which was for my wife's 07 Mustang. At first it worked well but one random day it decided to go blank while programming. Luckily the car would still start but the programmer just turned itself into a nice paperweight. The tune was stuck in the car and Diablo wanted 99 dollars to fix the programmer. I programmed the car three times in that whole year and a half period. I understand things don't last forever but needless to say I'm a little disappointed. I have programmed thousands of cars between working for a GM dealer and tuning multiple cars with HPTuners. Maybe other people have success with their stuff but I'm 0/2 and out 660 dollars.
Sorry to see you had some bad experiences.

On the LB7, the old Predators did not unlock themselves by restoring the stock tune, they were never designed to be used in a second vehicle. They would need to be sent back here to be unlocked, which we would do for free with a copy of the original proof of purchase receipt, despite the fact that the tool would be well out of warranty. We also offer a $99 hardware upgrade for those older tools that brings them up to date with current U7180 Predator models which allows them to unlock once the backup is restored to the vehicle, and makes them internet updeatable, as well as adds datalogging capability.

On the U7145 for the 07 GT, it is covered under a 2 year warranty, which as far as I have seen is amongst the best in the business. If it is out of the 2 year warranty period, out of warranty repairs are generally $99 + shipping. I wish there was something else I could offer there, but that's pretty standard fare for electronics that are out of warranty.

If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2012, 03:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Sorry to see you had some bad experiences.

On the LB7, the old Predators did not unlock themselves by restoring the stock tune, they were never designed to be used in a second vehicle. They would need to be sent back here to be unlocked, which we would do for free with a copy of the original proof of purchase receipt, despite the fact that the tool would be well out of warranty. We also offer a $99 hardware upgrade for those older tools that brings them up to date with current U7180 Predator models which allows them to unlock once the backup is restored to the vehicle, and makes them internet updeatable, as well as adds datalogging capability.

On the U7145 for the 07 GT, it is covered under a 2 year warranty, which as far as I have seen is amongst the best in the business. If it is out of the 2 year warranty period, out of warranty repairs are generally $99 + shipping. I wish there was something else I could offer there, but that's pretty standard fare for electronics that are out of warranty.

If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Thanks
Thanks Mike, I will be sending it back in order to get it unlocked.