Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New ls1 owner. Diesel enthusist In search of high power and low fuel economy

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ls1 owner. Diesel enthusist In search of high power and low fuel economy

Hello all. My name is Ignacio

Ive been brousing the fourms for awhile now. But im about to begin my build so i figured id introduce myself before hand

Im 20 years old and am an engineering student I also work full time as a machinist and build cars in my spare time. Ive been in the diesel scene since i bought my first powerstroke when i was 16

I now own the same powerstrole with a few bolt on mods

And last summer i build a 1.9l tdi jetta

It is fully built. Now a 2.0 liter. forged rods and low compression pistons. Girdled with a gtb2260vk heat treated trans gears and pelloquin lsd. Which is a variable geometry turbo from a v6 audi tdi runs low 13's in the 1/4. (soon to be in the mid 12's with the new injectors im working on). And still gets 54 mpg daily estimated around 280 whp and 450 tq. Stock is 90 fwhp and 144 fwtq

Everything but the turbo manifold. was built and fabricated by me

So now Ive been in the search for much more power since the truck and tdi are my daily drivers fuel economy is not a concern . The jetta is a fun street car. But isnt extremely competitive at the local track. This is why i picked up a 2000 m6 trans am

The plan is twin turbos all begining at the end of he month

I have twin percision 67mm turbos and a complete fuel system.

The plan is to push near 500 to the wheels within the next two months stock internals stock t56. Spooled Ford 9"

When i get the money for tr6060 magnum extreme i will be upping the boost and building the motor. To support over 1000 to the wheels on e85!