Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR removal on '01 c5

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AIR removal on '01 c5

Hey guys, I've tried searching as much as I could but I couldnt find anything to specifically answer how i needed to do it. But I bought 1 7/8 ARH Race headers with no AIR fittings. I removed the AIR fittings off the mani's and disconnected part of it on the passenger side and removed some tubing. What I noticed was that the AIR fittings on each side of the manifold route around the intake manifold where they are both connected. Before I go yanking them out... I was wondering if there was some bolt that held them down in place, and if there is Would I just be able to cut the air tubing as far back as I could so its hidden back there, or do i have to block something off? As far as the tubing that goes down into the AIR pump itself, I plan to just remove that along with the AIR pump and unplug the sensor and it should take care of that problem. Everything will be tuned out via my tuner. I'm just looking for some help of how to remove the rest of it, thanks alot!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mastercoryd
Hey guys, I've tried searching as much as I could but I couldnt find anything to specifically answer how i needed to do it. But I bought 1 7/8 ARH Race headers with no AIR fittings. I removed the AIR fittings off the mani's and disconnected part of it on the passenger side and removed some tubing. What I noticed was that the AIR fittings on each side of the manifold route around the intake manifold where they are both connected. Before I go yanking them out... I was wondering if there was some bolt that held them down in place, and if there is Would I just be able to cut the air tubing as far back as I could so its hidden back there, or do i have to block something off? As far as the tubing that goes down into the AIR pump itself, I plan to just remove that along with the AIR pump and unplug the sensor and it should take care of that problem. Everything will be tuned out via my tuner. I'm just looking for some help of how to remove the rest of it, thanks alot!
Also interested... bump