Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got snobbed by an Audi S4

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 05:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got snobbed by an Audi S4

Dude tried to pull some ricer flyby and I noticed it before he passed, dropped from 4th to 1st (mind you, this is basically on the street locally), spinned tires all thru 2nd and ended up passing him after chirping 3rd... Dude is like "You think you can hang? Its supercharged." LMAO Does that mean its stock? Cuz I'm sure the B8 model S4s came supercharged out the box with ~330hp. I simply asked "We can take this somewhere and you can find out" and he turned and left when the light changed. And while at the light the whole time, he was basically eyeballing the car and shaking his head.

Whats the deal? I'm pretty sure he just bought the thing... but is Audi the new BMW for snob value? I've never looked down on basically any quick car. I'll never say "pfffft, SRT4... MEH".

Gotta get my "street cred" up?!
Old 04-06-2012, 05:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by odthetruth
is Audi the new BMW for snob value?
Yes.

On a side note, you'd crush him. The new S4s are not fast stock. I played with one on the highway in my DSM and pulled him without downshifting from 80-120.

Left it in 5th when i should have been in 3rd just to make it interesting, and it still wasn't interesting.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I beat one while driving thru a warehouse district...dude looked over and flat out told me that my car was just noise. Boy was he wrong...lol!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Not quick as in? Last I checked they're running high 12's low 13's stock. Tune only mid 12's @ 110.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
Not quick as in? Last I checked they're running high 12's low 13's stock. Tune only mid 12's @ 110.
They trap what, 104 stock? That's not very quick for a 50+K sports sedan.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

Kind of ironic considering the CTS-V is a nicer car than than his.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The newer supercharged 6 cyl S4's are quicker than the previous gen V8 models.

But the V8 models were pretty damn slow.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The S4's are pretty nice cars, but I wouldn't say that a first gen cts-v is nicer. I'd still think it might make for a close race, but would give the edge to the caddie. He would have been a bigger douche if he had a bimmer instead
Old 04-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Don't worry, the BMW azzwhipes are still out in force! Ran into one of them ****** at lunch time today: 335i with 3 suit n ties in it. He saw my car in his mirror and gave it a quick romp. judging by the respectably quick takeoff and very notable amounts of black smoke that poured out when he got on it I assumed it was tuned so I followed. He gave it a few quick blats and kept checking his mirrors nonstop so I knew he knew I was there.

He ended up turning right at a red light and going WOT from the turn, not giving me a chance to get around the corner at all. By the time I got straight and on the gas he was 15+ cars ahead (I had to check for oncoming cars before turning). I closed the gap to somewhere around 5-7 cars before he let off. Next light was the freeway onramp so I hopped in the right turn lane and got next to him. Window down, I was set to ask him if he had a tune but he preempted me with a "It's still a Pontiac" jackass comment replete with BMWs patented yuppy sneer.

I shook my head and told myself loudly "F***ing dumnass" and turned. I would have killed that thing in a fair race and he knew it! Should have known, it had a bavarian badge...
Old 04-06-2012, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Don't worry, the BMW azzwhipes are still out in force! Ran into one of them ****** at lunch time today: 335i with 3 suit n ties in it. He saw my car in his mirror and gave it a quick romp. judging by the respectably quick takeoff and very notable amounts of black smoke that poured out when he got on it I assumed it was tuned so I followed. He gave it a few quick blats and kept checking his mirrors nonstop so I knew he knew I was there.

He ended up turning right at a red light and going WOT from the turn, not giving me a chance to get around the corner at all. By the time I got straight and on the gas he was 15+ cars ahead (I had to check for oncoming cars before turning). I closed the gap to somewhere around 5-7 cars before he let off. Next light was the freeway onramp so I hopped in the right turn lane and got next to him. Window down, I was set to ask him if he had a tune but he preempted me with a "It's still a Pontiac" jackass comment replete with BMWs patented yuppy sneer.

I shook my head and told myself loudly "F***ing dumnass" and turned. I would have killed that thing in a fair race and he knew it! Should have known, it had a bavarian badge...
That may not be patented, because this guy gave me the same stupid *** sneer with his eyeballing.

I've run into an RS4 on the highway when I had 4 passengers and a trunk full of paintballing equipment, and had good fun with him. This S4 seemed to be fully stock, and I was HOPING to line up with him from a dig or 60-roll him on the highway and leave him confused.

Quick Reply: Got snobbed by an Audi S4