View Full Version : anyone have any pics of ls in a

bowtiecb
04-07-2012, 01:58 PM
77-81 trans am with a carb and shaker hood, i searched, ive seen 2nd gen camaros, but they had to have a cowl, im trying to see if the carb will fit under the shaker hood,

GNCLONE
04-07-2012, 06:30 PM
I'd carefully study those 2nd gen Camaro pics and see if you can get an idea of where they are as far as height. My hunch is that the LS and the Pontiac engines are very close to the same height. Oil pan choice and intake choice might be critical for you. Also, the 1" setback mounts everybody runs might screw up the shaker too.

I had hood clearance issues in my G body because (1) I'm using a dual plane (Performer RPM) intake (2) I'm using the stock, truck oil pan and (3) I have a giant air cleaner assembly. I needed a 1" cowl hood.

ZONES89RS
04-07-2012, 09:41 PM
I would just do the swap and if the shaker was so important, get the adjustable set mounts, from there figure out height and get the desired intake and a spacer if needed, seems pretty simple.

bowtiecb
04-08-2012, 02:54 AM
I'd carefully study those 2nd gen Camaro pics and see if you can get an idea of where they are as far as height. My hunch is that the LS and the Pontiac engines are very close to the same height. Oil pan choice and intake choice might be critical for you. Also, the 1" setback mounts everybody runs might screw up the shaker too.

I had hood clearance issues in my G body because (1) I'm using a dual plane (Performer RPM) intake (2) I'm using the stock, truck oil pan and (3) I have a giant air cleaner assembly. I needed a 1" cowl hood.

i was go use the 1" set back, but now i want, i can bolt the shaker to the hood, i just dont want to have to use a different hood, thanx