Sponsored by:

Speed Density Tune, Codes: P0102, P0103, P0106

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speed Density Tune, Codes: P0102, P0103, P0106

Hello Everyone,

Forgive me for my lack of tuning knowledge, but my car just developed an issue and wasn't sure where would be the best section to post this to get the best possible advice, so here it goes.

Just last weekend I took my Cam-Only LQ9 (Speed Density Tuned) car out for a spin since the weather was nice and after the car gets up to operating temp (about 180 degrees), the car starts running really rough and stalls out. Trying to restart it just results in excessive fuel odors, black smoke from the exhaust and it hardly holds an idle, and anytime you try to accelerate it just stalls out like its just getting too much gas dumped in it.

The strange thing is if you let it sit for 15-20 mins it fire right up and runs perfectly fine until it reaches operating temp again and then starts the issue all over again.

I checked all connections and they all look good and secure. Codes are: P0102, P0103 and P0106.

Any suggestions would be appreiated. Thank you for your time.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Since it was "SD" tuned, you should def not be getting those MAF codes.

I am assuming you cannot get us a tune since it seems you are not the one to tune it, so honestly unless you go back to your tuner or can post a tune, you are not going to get much help from the people that could help.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:17 AM
On The Tree

The P0102 code is normal to be set when you have SD tune
i'm not sure about the P0103 but what i'm sure about that your problem caused by P0106 which MAP sensor related
if you have any problem with the MAP sensor with an SD tuned car it will act like that because fueling depends on the MAP sensor and the IAT
check the connections to the MAP sensor if every thing is well connected then try to replace it
Old 04-08-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gectek
Since it was "SD" tuned, you should def not be getting those MAF codes.

I am assuming you cannot get us a tune since it seems you are not the one to tune it, so honestly unless you go back to your tuner or can post a tune, you are not going to get much help from the people that could help.
I've been trying to get ahold of my Local tuner "Justune", to no avial.

Originally Posted by wesam
The P0102 code is normal to be set when you have SD tune
i'm not sure about the P0103 but what i'm sure about that your problem caused by P0106 which MAP sensor related
if you have any problem with the MAP sensor with an SD tuned car it will act like that because fueling depends on the MAP sensor and the IAT
check the connections to the MAP sensor if every thing is well connected then try to replace it
Thanks, ill double check it! Is it normal for it to act up only after its reached operating temp (after like a 30 min drive)?
Old 04-08-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When it goes into closed loop, all sorts of things can happen if the tune is off.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gectek
When it goes into closed loop, all sorts of things can happen if the tune is off.
Is it possible for an ECM to "lose" a tune? Its been running great for the last 6 months or so, even ran a 12.0 without 1st gear.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No not very likely. Its prob something wrong with your sensors/wiring/engine.

Quick Reply: Speed Density Tune, Codes: P0102, P0103, P0106