Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP, LS2 not getting injector signal, starts on starting fluid though

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, LS2 not getting injector signal, starts on starting fluid though

I hope this is posted in the right section.
I am at the final stage of an LS2 swap that been a real journey, compared to others that I have seen or read about.

The problem I have at the moment is, The car will start only on starting fluid. the injectors are not receiving the needed signal from the ECU.

The ECU was tuned by http://tunedbyfrost.com/ he has told me many times he has disabled the vats. I have no way of entering into the ECU to look for myself. By the way Steve is great to work with.

I have fuel pressure at the fuel rails, near 60psi and the injectors have all been tested by applying voltage to the injector coils one at a time, each time the injector opens up and the fuel gauge drops pressure quickly, showing me that there is plenty of flow (this is done with the car off, with rail pressurized) All eight test out ok, none of them are sticking.
After testing each injector for flow, I attempted to start the car to burn off the fuel that I recently sprayed into the cylinders, the car starts, but quickly stalls due to the lack of fuel.

What would cause the ECU not to send the injector signal, but allows the coils to fire? I have change the crank sensor with having the same end result that I started with.

Thanks for any help that can be given.

Riggs
Old 04-09-2012, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you tested for 12v switched ignition on one side of the injector harness for each injector? How exacly did you apply 12v to each injector coil?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check continuity to ground on each injector connection, if you don't have continuity, Check your grounds on the back of the block.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GA95DCMSS
Have you tested for 12v switched ignition on one side of the injector harness for each injector? How exactly did you apply 12v to each injector coil?
Testing the injectors, I had key on (power), let the fuel pump build pressure, pull the fuse for fuel pump, and then went through the injectors one at a time probing a grounded wire into the negative side of the injector, by doing this, each injector opened up and the fuel rail pressure gauge would show me that the fuel has pasted through the injector, the fuel pressure dropped quickly and I would have to turn the pump back on to reestablish the fuel pressure to continue on to the next set.

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
Check continuity to ground on each injector connection, if you don't have continuity, Check your grounds on the back of the block.
When checking continuity from ground to negative side of injector pig tail, you shouldn't have any continuity, the grounds are controlled by the ECU, there for the the negative side of injector pig tail will remain as an open circuit until the ecu runs through it's injector firing order, closing each injector ground as needed during the running of the engine.

The positive conductor (pink) is hot all the time when the key is on, it is not switched.

I went through some wiring and found the cam sensor (pink-black) sensor signal was swapped with the (brow-white)low reference. After switching these two wires, the car won't start on starting fluid any more. I had the harness rewired from Current performance, they must have switched the two leads, from the extension pigtail to the cam sensor they were correct, but switched at the harness pig tail. I need to make sure that the pins in the pigtail didn't allow the wire to be pushed out when I plugged the harness back together, I hope that's what I find. I guess I will check the crank sensor next to make sure that is correct.

Any help or direction is much appreciated, Thanks.

Riggs

Quick Reply: HELP, LS2 not getting injector signal, starts on starting fluid though