Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do before my tune..

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do before my tune..

I have an LS6 intake without the LS6 pcv system hooked up right now. the hose that runs to the plate on the end of the intake into the tube that goes to the airbox was closed off with a bolt in it when i bought the car (we tried to get it to pass etest) and so any time id open my hood id find my oil dipstick popped out lol. so i hooked up the hose properly like it should have been all along, and i was wondering... im about to get a tune for hopefully 460-470whp, should i be getting an LS6 pcv system or a catch can of some sort or should i be okay with the way it is right now? I was the car as healthy as possible before i try to make big power with it, but i dont have much money to spend between installing my 4.10s and gettign the tune itself.

any help is appreciated
Old 04-10-2012, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

wow nothing?
Old 04-10-2012, 10:29 PM
12 Second Club

I would do some new plug wires with plugs fuel filter new paper air filter change out the front o2 sensors clean the maf sensor and any other maintenance items you can think of. Have the tuner remove the air system as well as the rear o2 sensors egr system and torque management if you can get away with it. Since i see youre in canada and I have no idea what your emissions laws are like.

Last edited by nomasterase; 04-10-2012 at 10:36 PM.