Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 06:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problem

Well seems my car is just all full of problems, lol. I was driving home today and all the electronics shut off. The radio, my radar detector, the instrument panel, everything. Then it came back on and the guages maxed out. The car was running the whole time and I was about 1/4 throttle the whole time without any gap in throttle. What do you guys think is the problem? On my 99 when the battery was going out the guages would max out like that, but only when I first turned on the car. Could it just be a loose connection somewhere, battery going out, or maybe the alternator? I figured I'd post here before I started working on it this weekend.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 03-25-2004, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would check your battery cables. The Gauges going to max I don't believe is a bad thing, just them resetting. Sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere or something grounded out.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

The guages maxing out is just a sign of a bad battery in F-bodies, only thing is it ususally only will do it when you first start the car. I drove it around tonight and I couldn't get it to repeat the problem, but first thing tomorrow I'm going to start checking my grounds and my battery connections.