Racer's Lounge - 2012 Cup Playoffs.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

View Full Version : 2012 Cup Playoffs.

NW-99SS
05-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Caps and Rangers is going to 7, said it from the start.

Congrats to Yotes, next series will be great against the Kings. I see that one going the distance too. Even with the amazing goalie match-ups so far, I don't think any has come close to this - Quick vs Smith - going to be epic!

Hoping Jersey can closeout Philly next game but the Flyers are so resilient. Remember game 7 against Boston, came back from down 3 - 0 in the series, came back down 3 - 0 in game 7 - nothing short of amazing.

RikkiTorment
05-08-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm hoping that the taste of desperation lingers in the Flyers mouths, they need to come out and PLAY like they did against the Penisguins. Hopefully playing in front of the home crowd will help them. They just can't seem to safely get over the blue line because the Devils are playing trap defense. They haven't figured out that the corner boards are their friends, hopefully they can now.

Dustin AZ
05-08-2012, 11:08 PM
I know it require hell to freeze over AGAIN, but I'm thinking a Coyotes/Devils Stanley Cup final would be superb series. Ah, me and my silly pipe-dreams.

Detoxx03
05-09-2012, 01:11 AM
The Devils are looking pretty good so far.

sicksspeed
05-09-2012, 04:44 AM
Yes the Devils are looking good especially there star player of game 5 Ilya Brygalov. When your oponent implodes you look good. The devs did play a nice mature game I was very happy with that. Like I said at the beginning of this thread where's the love. Bring on the Rangers.

slackerr26
05-09-2012, 09:38 AM
And the first star of game five goes to ilya bryzgalov, with the game winning goal in the first period

mcG
05-09-2012, 10:50 AM
flyers were out-played just about that entire series with the devils. they didn't deserve to move on the way they have been performing lately.

NW-99SS
05-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Well glad that one ended as I hoped, and as said Philly definitely didn't play well enough to make it to the 3rd round.

I'm going for the Caps tonight, mostly because Holtby is a young kid playing from very close to where I live. Go Caps! Though with Jersey's play in the 2nd round, not sure they would be able to make a series with them.

Dustin AZ
05-09-2012, 01:21 PM
I've got tickets to the first two games in Phoenix at the Job. I hope we dethrone the Kings. This team DESERVES to win.

Dustin AZ
05-09-2012, 01:34 PM
I'm selling a Martin Brodeur jersey and a Devils practice jersey, both XL, if anyone wants them.

AznMuscle
05-09-2012, 02:13 PM
I've got tickets to the first two games in Phoenix at the Job. I hope we dethrone the Kings. This team DESERVES to win.

How much are tickets, even halfway shitty ones? I have never been to a game, and since Yotes are doing as well as they are...fuck it, why not.

Dustin AZ
05-09-2012, 04:05 PM
How much are tickets, even halfway shitty ones? I have never been to a game, and since Yotes are doing as well as they are...fuck it, why not.

I think the least expensive upper level seats are $60 a piece.

AznMuscle
05-09-2012, 04:20 PM

Not bad, I'll look into it for one of their games coming up.

01 CamaroSS SLP
05-09-2012, 05:32 PM

Enjoy that while it last. If the coyotes keep playing well in 5 years those same seats will be doubled in price. Nose Bleed Bruins playoff tickets are in the 190-230 range. :mad:

Dustin AZ
05-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Enjoy that while it last. If the coyotes keep playing well in 5 years those same seats will be doubled in price. Nose Bleed Bruins playoff tickets are in the 190-230 range. :mad:

Our lower bowl seats are $130 a piece. More premium seating on the lower level is $200-400+. I'll DEFINITELY enjoy it while it lasts, haha.

AznMuscle
05-09-2012, 05:40 PM

Cost of everything out there is more expensive though isn't it? But for sure, if we do very well, even next years tickets will possibly be up in price.

Dustin AZ
05-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Cost of everything out there is more expensive though isn't it? But for sure, if we do very well, even next years tickets will possibly be up in price.

I'd be willing to bet it'll be a long while before the tickets go up substantially as, like Nashville, we're a non-traditional market. Tickets for a Preds' games are only $10-15 more than they are here.

slackerr26
05-09-2012, 06:53 PM

Imo the kings deserve it more by knocking off the #1 and #2 seeds while barely making the playoffs in the #8 seed

AznMuscle
05-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Imo the kings deserve it more by knocking off the #1 and #2 seeds while barely making the playoffs in the #8 seed

What about the fact Yotes haven't won a playoff game (or at least advanced in the playoffs) since '84.

Dustin AZ
05-09-2012, 08:35 PM

To each their own I suppose. Phoenix was plagued by injury and sickness throughout the season (including our start goaltender) and still finished the season as a division champion. We've battled ownership issues for the last three years, and as fans have dealt with more moronic heckling than you could imagine. People have ruled us out time and time again. We were picked to finish damn near dead last this season. Also, Shane Doan has 16 years with the organization. Regardless of LA defeating teams that fell apart, LA has no one of his character (nor have they dealt with bullshit and adversity we have) and no one deserves it more than Doan. Period.

slackerr26
05-09-2012, 09:30 PM
That's what good about the playoffs its never about who deserves it. Its about who earns it. Look at the flyers devils a lot of people would say the flyers deserved to move on after owning Pitt in round one

01 CamaroSS SLP
05-09-2012, 09:47 PM

Yes this is true, but the bruins have been around for a very long time and have a big fan base. They have been a playoff team for the last 5 years or so. The more popular your team gets, more demand for tickets, more the price will go up.

sicksspeed
05-10-2012, 05:56 AM
And Like I said bring on the Rangers no..no... Make that the capts ...oh hoever. Great series! Saturday should b Good.

Dustin AZ
05-12-2012, 12:28 PM
This playoff beard is getting might itchy.

XxGarbSxX
05-12-2012, 02:22 PM

Shaved mine on Tuesday. Thanks Flyers.

01 CamaroSS SLP
05-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Go rangers! already up 1-0

Detoxx03
05-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Rangers and Devils should be a good one.

Dustin AZ
05-13-2012, 12:04 PM
I like how people are expecting Phoenix to just lay down against LA. It's cute.

NW-99SS
05-13-2012, 04:38 PM
I like how people are expecting Phoenix to just lay down against LA. It's cute.

Not going to happen. This is will be L.A.'s and Phoenix's toughest series yet. I think it will be very entertaining.

As I predicted, Caps and Rangers went to 7. Good job by the Rangers D to shut down any small chance the Caps might of had. Devils and Rangers will be a tough series, and no team has won the cup after playing to 7 games in the first two rounds.

slackerr26
05-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Rangers d has to be tired to some degree. Mcdonagh and girardi average around 30 minutes per game, coupled with the fact that they have played 2 7 game series now with no time off. Rangers offense will have to produce way more than they have against the caps and sens. Should be a good series tho. Hope the kings pull through in the west

RikkiTorment
05-13-2012, 08:51 PM

I can imagine haha! 100 degrees every day, I'd imagine it's becoming a facial sweat sock lol But I'm now pulling for the Yotes!! My dad lives out in Phoenix, and well personally I started to think... If the Kings win the cup, it will make all of the moves that the Flyers made last year look REALLY bad.

slackerr26
05-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Kings keep playing like that Ill look forward to another sweep

Detoxx03
05-13-2012, 11:57 PM
The Kings will make the finals but that is where there run will end but I'd hope for different cause I don't like the rangers or devils.

Dustin AZ
05-14-2012, 12:18 AM
The Coyotes played like ass. Hopefully we'll kick their twats in next game. Just from the awful and disrespectful fan base that LA has; that shithole needs to lose. Hey, who makes fun of military personnel? LA fans do! Rot in hell, you fucking scum.:usa:

Dustin AZ
05-14-2012, 12:19 AM
I can imagine haha! 100 degrees every day, I'd imagine it's becoming a facial sweat sock lol But I'm now pulling for the Yotes!! My dad lives out in Phoenix, and well personally I started to think... If the Kings win the cup, it will make all of the moves that the Flyers made last year look REALLY bad.

If the Kings win the cup, well, I'll just keep my malicious thoughts to myself.

RikkiTorment
05-14-2012, 12:25 AM
The Coyotes played like ass. Hopefully we'll kick their twats in next game. Just from the awful and disrespectful fan base that LA has; that shithole needs to lose. Hey, who makes fun of military personnel? LA fans do! Rot in hell, you fucking scum.:usa:

Penguins fans were making racial tweets and posts about Wayne Simmonds of the Flyers and Boston fans were making racist comments about Joel Ward scoring the OT winning goal in Game 7. People are scum, the end.

Dustin AZ
05-14-2012, 01:03 AM
Penguins fans were making racial tweets and posts about Wayne Simmonds of the Flyers and Boston fans were making racist comments about Joel Ward scoring the OT winning goal in Game 7. People are scum, the end.

People need their jaws broken for such stupidity and ignorance. Violence IS the answer.

XxGarbSxX
05-14-2012, 02:04 AM
I like how SportsCenter took a whole 10 seconds to stop sucking the NBA's dick to talk about the Pheonix/LA series. No actual commentary on the game, just a quick clip and a final score. Thanks, assholes.

01 CamaroSS SLP
05-14-2012, 06:28 AM
My thoughts ... Kings are playing too good right now and will beat the coyotes 4-1. There offense is too much for the coyotes D. Rangers will beat the devils 4-2. I'm surprised they made it this far and I think the rangers are too tough and skilled for them. As for the racist comments there are racist people everywhere, not just philly and Boston .

AznMuscle
05-14-2012, 09:50 AM
LA was putting the pressure on Smith, he made some good blocks in the 3rd, but it was too late, already down by 1, and Coyotes couldn't get going to tie it up. Hopefully tomorrow will chage. I hate everything LA related.

NW-99SS
05-14-2012, 10:43 AM
I like how SportsCenter took a whole 10 seconds to stop sucking the NBA's dick to talk about the Pheonix/LA series. No actual commentary on the game, just a quick clip and a final score. Thanks, assholes.

tsn.ca is your hockey best friend :secret:

JIBBBY
05-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Kings up 1-0 on Phoenix!!!!

Let the sweep process begin on more gain!!!! This team is on fire!!!!

LA HOCKEY IS ROCKING!!!!!!:headbang:

Dustin AZ
05-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Kings up 1-0 on Phoenix!!!!

Let the sweep process begin on more gain!!!! This team is on fire!!!!

LA HOCKEY IS ROCKING!!!!!!:headbang:

You misspelled rioting.

RikkiTorment
05-14-2012, 03:55 PM
tsn.ca is your hockey best friend :secret:

I'm in Toronto for the week to check out Sports Journalism over at Ryerson U. and since my main focus will be on Hockey... I fucking love that channel haha

Detoxx03
05-15-2012, 09:50 PM
3-0 lead for the Kings looks great.

slackerr26
05-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Down and hanzal will be out until game 4 with those game misconducts for boarding. Well deserved hope they get a suspension or a fine out of it. Smith deserves at least fine for that back of the knee slash on brown. That's uncalled for when he wasn't even in the crease or bothering him

JIBBBY
05-16-2012, 12:27 AM
OH GOD THE KINGS ARE GOOD THIS YEAR!!! Win again 4-0 and up 2-0 now in the series and about to sweep again...

We are starting to smell the sweet smell of the Stanley Cup here in LA!!!!! I'm getting into this big time and watching this like it's my first born!!! Jeff Carter and Jonathon Quick were the shits tonight boys and girls..:hail:

GO FRIGG'N LA KINGS!!!!:cheers:

Dustin AZ
05-16-2012, 12:52 AM
It requires four games to win a series.

Oh, and I've never come across a more ignorant fan base than LA Kings 'fans'. Stay classy, LA. Stay classy! :jest:

Detoxx03
05-16-2012, 12:53 AM
Shame on the fans for cheering when Brown was boarded by Hanzal

Dustin AZ
05-16-2012, 03:32 AM

I'm sure Hanzal will be suspended for one game, courtesy of Shitinhand. The Doan hit doesn't even need to be reviewed.

NW-99SS
05-16-2012, 06:37 AM

Oh, and I've never come across a more ignorant fan base than LA Kings 'fans'. Stay classy, LA. Stay classy! :jest:

Agreed, and I'm hoping PHX can make a series out of this one! LA is unbeaten on the road and full of confidence, best of luck to both teams.

01 CamaroSS SLP
05-16-2012, 07:58 AM
Doan shouldn't and won't get suspended not his fault the guy turned at the last second. My prediction is coming true the kings are too much for the coyotes. Now they have a great chance to win two at home and rest up for the Cup.

slackerr26
05-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Doesn't matter if doan or hanzal receive further disciplinary action or not, they will still be sitting game three out

Dustin AZ
05-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Doesn't matter if doan or hanzal receive further disciplinary action or not, they will still be sitting game three out

Why will Doan be sitting game three out? That five minute major should've been a minor.

XxGarbSxX
05-16-2012, 12:34 PM

I can't really blame them. They forgot what hockey was the year after The Great One retired. Now they see a big hit and they go nuts regardless of if it's clean or suspension-worthy, simply because they don't know any better.

Also, very few people in the league deserve a Stanley Cup as much as Carter & Richards. Just wish they could have done it here in Philly.

Dustin AZ
05-16-2012, 01:34 PM
I can't really blame them. They forgot what hockey was the year after The Great One retired. Now they see a big hit and they go nuts regardless of if it's clean or suspension-worthy, simply because they don't know any better.

Also, very few people in the league deserve a Stanley Cup as much as Carter & Richards. Just wish they could have done it here in Philly.

Maybe if you saw some of the cheap shots Brown had taken on Morris, you'd understand. And the 'Great One' did a great job of helping drive the franchise into the ground, that's for certain. Don't be bitter. Doan deserves the Stanley Cup more than anyone in the league, not Richards and Carter.

slackerr26
05-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Why will Doan be sitting game three out? That five minute major should've been a minor.

Received a game misconduct as well, that's why he left the game

Dustin AZ
05-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Received a game misconduct as well, that's why he left the game

I know he left the game, I was sort of there.

slackerr26
05-16-2012, 03:45 PM
I know he left the game, I was sort of there.

Then you should know what the calls were

Dustin AZ
05-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Then you should know what the calls were

He'll be playing tomorrow, fella, sorry to disappoint.

JIBBBY
05-16-2012, 06:19 PM

Yeah but the 1st two games were won on the road to start this series.. That's pretty big if you ask me!!! Right or Wrong?... Kings are looking fat and on a roll right now and basically in the drivers seat on this one!!! Last game was a shut out too.. Good God... Complete domination :usa:

Kings fans are basically ignorant because we don't understand the winning ways of hockey in general so we get excited about big hits, illegal payback hits and probably cheap shots too.. That's our history of Ice Hockey in this Sunny warm city of Los Angeles... If we can't beat them in hockey then lets beat them up..

Sincerely,

Ignorant fan :)

'WHEELS'
05-16-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm with JIBBBY... go Kings :D

Dustin AZ
05-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Yeah but the 1st two games were won on the road to start this series.. That's pretty big if you ask me!!! Right or Wrong?... Kings are looking fat and on a roll right now and basically in the drivers seat on this one!!! Last game was a shut out too.. Good God... Complete domination :usa:

Kings fans are basically ignorant because we don't understand the winning ways of hockey in general so we get excited about big hits, illegal payback hits and probably cheap shots too.. That's our history of Ice Hockey in this Sunny warm city of Los Angeles... If we can't beat them in hockey then lets beat them up..

Sincerely,

Ignorant fan :)

Considering your fans were flipping the crowd off as they were being ejected from our arena was pretty funny, though. One even took a swing at a friend while he was holding his three year old. Nice way to try to ruin the game for others.

'WHEELS'
05-16-2012, 06:26 PM
^^^^ sounds like a party

SoCal01z28
05-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Considering your fans were flipping the crowd off as they were being ejected from our arena was pretty funny, though. One even took a swing at a friend while he was holding his three year old. Nice way to try to ruin the game for others.

That's how most hockey fans are, not strictly L.A. fans. You ever been to a Vancouver game??

Dustin AZ
05-16-2012, 06:53 PM
^^^^ sounds like a party

Sounds like a few thugs got arrested last night. :jest:

Dustin AZ
05-16-2012, 06:55 PM
That's how most hockey fans are, not strictly L.A. fans. You ever been to a Vancouver game??

I guess I have class, and have respect for an opposing team's arena. To each their own, I guess.

'WHEELS'
05-16-2012, 07:08 PM
I guess I have class, and have respect for an opposing team's arena. To each their own, I guess.

well you're just an old soul aren't you.

FWIW, i'm from PHX, and i've seen my fair share of rowdy ass AZ fans pour into westgate after games. It's all the same.

XxGarbSxX
05-16-2012, 07:13 PM

That's nothing. Come on over to Philly.

JIBBBY
05-16-2012, 07:51 PM
One even took a swing at a friend while he was holding his three year old.

Who brings their 3 year old to a sell out playoff hockey game period?.. My God man it's playoff intensity with beer and drunken men!!!!..

Besides those tickets are bank anyways and the 3 year old is going to grow restless, tired by the second period, cry for momma and then dump in his or her pants..

It's a no win pal, so for the love of God tell your friend to hire a baby sitter next time and grab a man friend instead.. Takes the worry edge off..;)

Dustin AZ
05-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Who brings their 3 year old to a sell out playoff hockey game period?.. My God man it's playoff intensity with beer and drunken men!!!!..

Besides those tickets are bank anyways and the 3 year old is going to grow restless, tired by the second period, cry for momma and then dump in his or her pants..

It's a no win pal, so for the love of God tell your friend to hire a baby sitter next time and grab a man friend instead.. Takes the worry edge off..;)

Actually, his son is quite the little hockey advocate.

Dustin AZ
05-16-2012, 08:08 PM
well you're just an old soul aren't you.

FWIW, i'm from PHX, and i've seen my fair share of rowdy ass AZ fans pour into westgate after games. It's all the same.

Neat, I've been in Phoenix 33 years. I'm only going off what I see in front of me, but I'm sure you know more about hockey than I do.

'WHEELS'
05-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Neat, I've been in Phoenix 33 years. I'm only going off what I see in front of me, but I'm sure you know more about hockey than I do.

just saying bud, it's not only kings fans. :cool:

Dustin AZ
05-16-2012, 08:21 PM
just saying bud, it's not only kings fans. :cool:

Trust me, I know. There's a lot of doucher Phoenix fans. What I find HILARIOUS is now the Kings fans have resulted to heckling us because of our ownership issue (which is being buttoned up). If we get beat by the Kings, oh well, such is life.

slackerr26
05-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Go devils!

Detoxx03
05-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Kings look like they will sweep

slackerr26
05-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Kings didn't play well for the first two periods and still won. No way phoenix can pull through in this series

'WHEELS'
05-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Coyotes came on strong as fuck in the 1st. Was disappointed in the kings early performance for a home game, but alas, a win is a win I suppose.

Dustin AZ
05-18-2012, 12:31 AM
I didn't know Doughty played football. I learn something new every day.

Doubtful anyone will get past the NYR or NJD.

'WHEELS'
05-18-2012, 12:34 AM
:jest: seriously, that tackle was out of control

slackerr26
05-18-2012, 09:29 AM
That tackle was awesome in slow motion

Detoxx03
05-18-2012, 10:38 AM
The Kings remind me of that Ducks team from 2003.

JIBBBY
05-18-2012, 12:08 PM
The KINGS are about to SWEEP AGAIN!!!! Holy ape shit this team is rolling and up 3-0 in the series now!!!!

I was worried a bit in this game when the Kings were giving up shots on goal early on and then went down 1-0.. Kings didn't look that sharp in this game.. Didn't matter as the Kings came back and responded immediately with their own goal to even up the score at 1-1. Crowd was rocking and it was history after that.. Once the Kings hit the game leading goal the game was basically over. Kings controlled the puck in the 3rd and killed the clock to close out the game....

Kings have different players that step up in every line change from game to game...VERY IMPRESSIVE RUN!!!

Dustin AZ
05-18-2012, 03:25 PM
The Kings remind me of that Ducks team from 2003.

I agree.

01 CamaroSS SLP
05-18-2012, 06:30 PM
That's our history of Ice Hockey in this Sunny warm city of Los Angeles... If we can't beat them in hockey then lets beat them up.. That's Bruins hockey. They have been playing like that for decades. :judge:

Doan played game 3...what are you talking about?

Anyways, like i predicted Kings are beating up the coyotes, their offense is just too much for them and the whole team is playing great from front to back...

I didn't think the devils would win game 2 away though. That surprised me.

SoCal01z28
05-18-2012, 06:52 PM
I didn't know Doughty played football. I learn something new every day.

Doubtful anyone will get past the NYR or NJD.

I think it's doubtful anyone will get past LA...

Dustin AZ
05-18-2012, 07:12 PM
I hope Brown gets his long-awaited Oscar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbIJLP_ML_o

Cue idiots making fun of Mike Smith. And, go!

JIBBBY
05-18-2012, 07:35 PM
I think it's doubtful anyone will get past LA...

This^^^

KINGS FOR THE STANLEY!!!!

JIBBBY
05-18-2012, 07:38 PM
I hope Brown gets his long-awaited Oscar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbIJLP_ML_o

Cue idiots making fun of Mike Smith. And, go!

I've seen worse dives then that.. Not Oscar award winning.. He was pushed off balance Dustin..

sicksspeed
05-18-2012, 07:56 PM
This^^^

KINGS FOR THE STANLEY!!!!
:guns:
Not so fast west coaster. No body here thought the devils would last past 5 games much less the first round. And not to mention the Rangers are strong o:guns:n there defense. Even if the Devils don' t finish them off your going to have work pretty hard. GO DEVILS

Dustin AZ
05-18-2012, 08:12 PM
:guns:
Not so fast west coaster. No body here thought the devils would last past 5 games much less the first round. And not to mention the Rangers are strong o:guns:n there defense. Even if the Devils don' t finish them off your going to have work pretty hard. GO DEVILS

This post-season is shaping up to be a possible remake of 2003.

JIBBBY
05-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Lakes will sweep in the Stanley Cup finals too watch!!! Too good too strong!!! I gonna enjoy and watch how the city of LA sets up for a parade!! It's usually the Lakers..

This is great!!!!

XxGarbSxX
05-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Lakes will sweep in the Stanley Cup finals too watch!!! Too good too strong!!! I gonna enjoy and watch how the city of LA sets up for a parade!! It's usually the Lakers..

This is great!!!!

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. LA is going to have its hands full with either the Rangers or the Devils. Calling for a Stanley Cup victory is very premature, let alone a sweep of the Cup. Last sweep in the cup I can think of was Detroit sweeping Philly.

JIBBBY
05-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Did I really say Lakes? I ment Kings... Damn I must be drunk!!! MY BAD!!!

Yes, Kings should win the Stanley and dominate... Not premature it's just that the Kings are playing too strong right now!!!

Nothing like posting on a Friday night drunk.. Such a loser, fuck it..:chug:

'WHEELS'
05-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Badass weekend here in LA. Clippers, lakers, kings all playing at the staples center. Party time.

'WHEELS'
05-18-2012, 11:11 PM
I don't care for the lakers though, nor their fans. Clippers all day.

JIBBBY
05-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Got the Kings, Lakers, Clippers and Dodgers all in the mix.. Too much to fathom... :)

slackerr26
05-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Doan played game 3...what are you talking about?

Every game misconduct ive ever seen or gotten has resulted in sitting out the next game so idk

Detoxx03
05-19-2012, 12:16 AM
I like the Kings a lot but the more JIBBBY post the less I like them. I said earlier they would make the Finals but they will lose to the East champion and I'm sticking by that.

Yes my Wings were the last team to sweep in a cup finals.

Dustin AZ
05-19-2012, 12:59 AM
I like the Kings a lot but the more JIBBBY post the less I like them. I said earlier they would make the Finals but they will lose to the East champion and I'm sticking by that.

He's just excited. I suppose I can't blame him, but I'm truly hoping the Dogs pull their heads out of their asses and not focus on the other team so much. At least win one! It wasn't pleasant being swept by your boys last season.

I'm hoping Brodeur will be hoisting his fourth Sir Stanley.

sicksspeed
05-19-2012, 05:37 AM
Did I really say Lakes? I ment Kings... Damn I must be drunk!!! MY BAD!!!

Yes, Kings should win the Stanley and dominate... Not premature it's just that the Kings are playing too strong right now!!!

Nothing like posting on a Friday night drunk.. Such a loser, fuck it..:chug:

Yea I starting reading this morning and I got the impression you though a basketball team could beat east coast hockey. Lol entertaining. Still premature.

Detoxx03
05-19-2012, 10:47 AM
He's just excited. I suppose I can't blame him, but I'm truly hoping the Dogs pull their heads out of their asses and not focus on the other team so much. At least win one! It wasn't pleasant being swept by your boys last season.

I'm hoping Brodeur will be hoisting his fourth Sir Stanley.

The East is hard for me to root for cause I'm not a Brodeur or New Jersey fan (still bitter about '95 cup finals) and I don't like anything New York.

JIBBBY
05-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Rangers and Devils are going at it now.. No score in the second period....I'm kinda liking the NY Rangers to win this series..

Winner of this game takes a 2-1 commanding lead...Big game in a tight series!!!!

Dustin AZ
05-19-2012, 02:35 PM
The East is hard for me to root for cause I'm not a Brodeur or New Jersey fan (still bitter about '95 cup finals) and I don't like anything New York.

Live in Arizona for a day; you'll quickly root against anything LA. :jest:

JIBBBY
05-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Rangers and Kings in the Stanley is my best guess at this point..

NY really kicked ass in the third period!!!

sicksspeed
05-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Yes the Devils played another outstanding game but.......

01 CamaroSS SLP
05-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Every game misconduct ive ever seen or gotten has resulted in sitting out the next game so idk

Just because you get a game misconduct doesn't mean you get suspended the next game. You probably saw illegal hits that resulted in a game misconduct and then followed by a suspension. If there is a brawl and two players get game misconducts they just kick them out for that game so they wont fight anymore.

NW-99SS
05-20-2012, 10:24 AM

Yes my Wings were the last team to sweep in a cup finals.

The thing about the East this year is the long series both the Rangers and Devils have played in already. If the East conference goes to 7 (and I think it will, or at least 6), and LA sweeps again....then LA will have played an entire series fewer games than their Eastern counterparts.

The numbers say that no team that played to 7 games in the first two rounds went on to win the cup.

I think the East is screwed if they run into LA, which I predict they will. I will not count the Yotes out entirely, but the odds are definitely stacked against them at this point.

JIBBBY
05-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Will the Kings complete the sweep today? I think so Detoxx.. Hater..

Detoxx03
05-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Will the Kings complete the sweep today? I think so Detoxx.. Hater..

I've been riding with the Kings since the first round and yes they will sweep today old fart.

diddiyo
05-20-2012, 01:46 PM
gooooo rangers!

too bad playoff tickets are ridiculously expensive, otherwide i'd go to a game. went to two devils homegames when they were playing the panthers. i like the panthers, was probably one of five FL fans total in the arena haha.

Dustin AZ
05-20-2012, 02:01 PM
I've been riding with the Kings since the first round and yes they will sweep today old fart.

We need to at least steal one game from this series and bring the last game back home.

JIBBBY
05-20-2012, 02:22 PM
^^ Good luck Dustin with that.. Kings should sweep today... Game starts now...

Dustin AZ
05-20-2012, 02:36 PM
^^ Good luck Dustin with that.. Kings should sweep today... Game starts now...

People like you, and your obnoxious behaviors are the reason people hate LA sports. :jest:

Dustin AZ
05-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Doanerator!

JIBBBY
05-20-2012, 03:15 PM
^^ If the Coyotes were up 3-0 in this series I'd probably be saying the same about you Dustin.. Don't take it personally, i'm a peaceful man..

Hey your team is up 1-0 in the 1st, congrats!!! Hey, but don't get too happy slappy as historically the Kings start slow, 2nd and especially the 3rd periods is when the Kings really start to exert their will and skill!!!!...

Keep hope alive Dustin miracles sometime happen but not so sure even a miracle can help out your Phoenix team in this series... :)

Shots on goal in the first.. Kings 10 - Coyotes 5... Just saying!!!

Dustin AZ
05-20-2012, 03:24 PM
^^ If the Coyotes were up 3-0 in this series I'd probably be saying the same about you Dustin.. Don't take it personally, i'm a peaceful man..

Hey your team is up 1-0 in the 1st, congrats!!! Hey, but don't get too happy slappy as historically the Kings start slow, 2nd and especially the 3rd periods is when the Kings really start to exert their will and skill!!!!...

Keep hope alive Dustin miracles sometime happen but not so sure even a miracle can help out your Phoenix team in this series... :)

Shots on goal in the first.. Kings 10 - Coyotes 5... Just saying!!!

I would NEVER be cocky about my team. But, I'm a humble guy.

JIBBBY
05-20-2012, 03:30 PM
^^ Well if I project like crazy it's just because the Kings have never ever been this good in the history of LA hockey.. Not even when Wayne Grets took them too the Stanley years ago..

I grew up as a punk kid with season tickets going to Kings hockey games, they were always so bad I just gave up on hockey..

Ok, I will relax.. .Just very happy and excited for this KINGS HOCKEY TEAM THIS YEAR... Honest truth!!

I'm not even sure this city is even prepared for a Stanley cup parade if that ever happens.. The Buzz around town is just crazy!!!!

Dustin AZ
05-20-2012, 03:39 PM
^^ Well if I project like crazy it's just because the Kings have never ever been this good in the history of LA hockey.. Not even when Wayne Grets took them too the Stanley years ago..

I grew up as a punk kid with season tickets going to Kings hockey games, they were always so bad I just gave up on hockey..

Ok, I will relax.. .Just very happy and excited for this KINGS HOCKEY TEAM THIS YEAR... Honest truth!!

I'm not even sure this city is even prepared for a Stanley cup parade if that ever happens.. The Buzz around town is just crazy!!!!

Doan did it again!

JIBBBY
05-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Doan did it again!

Don't get cocky on me... Coyotes are looking good today up 2-0... Oh well..

Still shots on goal to this point.. Kings 16 - Coyotes 10

Kings look slow to me.. Maybe it's the early Sunday start time..

Dustin AZ
05-20-2012, 03:48 PM
How is that cocky? Shane Doan is my favorite player. Whatever, guy. Good luck to LA, they're talented.

JIBBBY
05-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Shane Doan is a player for sure... He's been great all year..

Kings are getting point blank shots on goal in this period with goalie out of position even and coming up short :(.. Not their day...

I think it's coming back home to you Dustin!!! It's ok, just more hockey :)

Dustin AZ
05-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Shane Doan is a player for sure... He's been great all year..

Kings are getting point blank shots on goal in this period with goalie out of position even and coming up short :(.. Not their day...

I think it's coming back home to you Dustin!!! It's ok, just more hockey :)

I would love that, even if we lose on home ice, I don't care! But, there's still 20 more minutes of hockey left, I'm not counting LA out by any means.

JIBBBY
05-20-2012, 04:05 PM
I would love that, even if we lose on home ice, I don't care! But, there's still 20 more minutes of hockey left, I'm not counting LA out by any means.

2 goals down in the 3rd is tough to over come even at home!! I think you are looking good for another Phoenix home game..

Shots on goal thru 2 - Kings 23 - Yotes 14...

Dustin AZ
05-20-2012, 04:27 PM
I don't know, dude, Kings are making a pretty stout push right now.

Dustin AZ
05-20-2012, 05:13 PM
I'll be at game 5 on Tuesday with my mom and a lady friend. Can't wait!:usa:

JIBBBY
05-20-2012, 06:18 PM
^^^^Congrats Dustin ENJOY!!!! I'm not a dick LA fan that just is cocky.. Just excited about this Kings hockey team..

JIBBBY
05-20-2012, 06:26 PM
It's been 19 years since the Kings have made it to the Stanley Cup Finals..

We lost today but we are still in the drivers seat!!!!!;)

Dustin AZ
05-20-2012, 07:47 PM
It's been 19 years since the Kings have made it to the Stanley Cup Finals..

We lost today but we are still in the drivers seat!!!!!;)

That you are, sir. If we lose on Tuesday, I just want to see some GOOD hockey on each side.

Detoxx03
05-20-2012, 11:48 PM
Congrats on Phoenix showing some heart today. I can see them winning game 5 but I think the Kings will close it out in game 6 if so.

sicksspeed
05-21-2012, 05:05 AM
Good for you Phoenix, we need more hockey. Now if the Devils can get a puck past the best current goalie maybe we will have something here too.

Dustin AZ
05-22-2012, 05:43 PM
I've got my three tickets for game give tonight in Glendale.

01 CamaroSS SLP
05-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Devils are playing really well last night. That was a dominate game and all there big players are stepping up. Should be a good game tonight in Arizona. Fighting to stay in the plays-offs at home is always a fun game to watch.

JIBBBY
05-22-2012, 09:53 PM
3-3 at the end of two periods!!!! Dustin your club has a shot.. Kings and Yotes is a war right now...

Great game!!!!

NW-99SS
05-22-2012, 10:55 PM
3-3 at the end of two periods!!!! Dustin your club has a shot.. Kings and Yotes is a war right now...

Great game!!!!

Agreed, hell of a battle!

JIBBBY
05-22-2012, 10:58 PM
OT now with power play extension coming up.... WOW what a game!!!.. This is nuts!!!! I'm freaking out right now with this game...

NW-99SS
05-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Anyone watching on TV notice the, umm, jugs, behind the PHX bench? LOL!

Detoxx03
05-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Hell of a game right now

NW-99SS
05-22-2012, 11:40 PM
It was....bad knee on knee, even if you're a Kings fan, that's a bad play by Brown.

On the other hand, good effort by Penner to finish this series off.

Amazing effort by the Coyotes in this one, Smith did his part too.

JIBBBY
05-22-2012, 11:42 PM
KINGS!!!!! KINGS!!! KINGS!!!

Yotes showed heart though.. That team is tough...

WHAT A GAME!!!! Stanley cup time for the LOS ANGELES KINGS!!!

This is frigg'n great!!!!!!...:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Detoxx03
05-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Congrats to the Kings

RikkiTorment
05-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Anyone watching on TV notice the, umm, jugs, behind the PHX bench? LOL!

lol that's the only reason why I kept the game on while I hopped on my computer :D

Dustin AZ
05-23-2012, 01:32 AM
The better team won, congratulations to Los Angeles. Not pleased with some of the missed calls, but I'm also not pleased with some our asshole fans. DON'T THROW SHIT ON THE ICE. Fuck!

Time to break out my Marty jersey.

NW-99SS
05-23-2012, 06:56 AM
lol that's the only reason why I kept the game on while I hopped on my computer :D

Commence FAP

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/coyotes-boobs-1.jpg

The better team won, congratulations to Los Angeles. Not pleased with some of the missed calls, but I'm also not pleased with some our asshole fans. DON'T THROW SHIT ON THE ICE. Fuck!

In the fans defence, that's a really tough way to lose out a series. Could you imagine Tort's reaction if the Rangers went out that way! I bet he would tear the building down.

IMHO, the refs put the whistle away after that blown call on Doughty. Interference? I can't remember the PHX player, but he played the puck, Doughty (with a proper defensive play) finishes a small check, just to get completely tied up with the PHX player holding his stick. That's a terrible call to make when obvious boarding by LA had occurred uncalled, a high stick, and after the fact, the knee on knee.

From Brown's point of view (as a hockey player myself), it's very hard to turn away from a hit when you've committed yourself to contact with another player. As well, the inside knee when turning is in that position naturally to allow as much balance as possible for contact - note: this is not the case when turning hard and not anticipating contact.

Either way the series is over and I was happy to see PHX put up a good fight in the last two games. Had they started the series this way, I would bet it might have went the distance to 7 games.

JIBBBY
05-23-2012, 12:13 PM

Marty McSorley jersey? Old school.. Nice!!!!

I got Rob Blake and Marcel-Dionne jerseys myself.. Not quite the enforcers that Marty was on the ice.. :(

Dustin AZ
05-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Marty McSorley jersey? Old school.. Nice!!!!

I got Rob Blake and Marcel-Dionne jerseys myself.. Not quite the enforcers that Marty was on the ice.. :(

Marty Brodeur. :jest:

Dustin AZ
05-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Commence FAP

In the fans defence, that's a really tough way to lose out a series. Could you imagine Tort's reaction if the Rangers went out that way! I bet he would tear the building down.

IMHO, the refs put the whistle away after that blown call on Doughty. Interference? I can't remember the PHX player, but he played the puck, Doughty (with a proper defensive play) finishes a small check, just to get completely tied up with the PHX player holding his stick. That's a terrible call to make when obvious boarding by LA had occurred uncalled, a high stick, and after the fact, the knee on knee.

From Brown's point of view (as a hockey player myself), it's very hard to turn away from a hit when you've committed yourself to contact with another player. As well, the inside knee when turning is in that position naturally to allow as much balance as possible for contact - note: this is not the case when turning hard and not anticipating contact.

Either way the series is over and I was happy to see PHX put up a good fight in the last two games. Had they started the series this way, I would bet it might have went the distance to 7 games.

I think you make A LOT of valid points. Well said.

JIBBBY
05-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Marty Brodeur. :jest:

I thought so.. Sounded for a minute you knew the Kings history and was representing an old Jersey just because they beat your home town team..

I assumed wrong... My bad..:usa:

JIBBBY
05-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Jersey takes control... Damn I want the Rangers to win this series too... Looking sketchy now as they have to win 2 games in a row..

An LA/NY matchup in the Stanley Cup finals would be epic!!!!

'WHEELS'
05-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Jibbby let's go to a cup game :cheers:

I'm rooting for the rangers. I followed the 1st qtr via my espn app, the devils scored 3 points within 5 minutes??!??

bp m1009
05-23-2012, 11:46 PM
Go devils

Detoxx03
05-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Man looks like the Rangers are gonna shit the bed

sicksspeed
05-24-2012, 04:35 AM
Go Devils, they had me worried there but it looks Luke the Rangers wore themselves out. One more and a ticket to more hockey for jersey.

therobman
05-24-2012, 09:26 AM
rangers out played the devils but lost, lundquvist had a horrible game that wont happen again i see it going to game 7 and from there should be a battle

NW-99SS
05-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Could go to 7, but you have to admit the Rangers are looking like the long series are taking a toll. While they have bursts of energy here and there, overall the D-core looks very tired IMO.

slackerr26
05-24-2012, 11:29 AM
That's what happens when you play only 5 defensemen and two of them play almost half the game every night. Devils came out hard in the third and it paid off

bp m1009
05-24-2012, 11:56 AM
without lundquvist the Rangers are nothing, he is there star player

ArchOverseer
05-24-2012, 01:10 PM
I really don't think it matters who wins this series. They have LA waiting for them. LA has been THE team of the playoffs, and Quick is ungodly. As a goalie myself, definitely someone I'm startin' to look up to, lol. I'm a Detroit fan, but ever since Detroit got knocked out, I called LA to win it all. We'll see if I end up right.

slackerr26
05-24-2012, 04:22 PM
^past two games the kings looked shaky, not that that will necessary translate into the next series

therobman
05-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Could go to 7, but you have to admit the Rangers are looking like the long series are taking a toll. While they have bursts of energy here and there, overall the D-core looks very tired IMO.

yea they do look a little tired if this goes to 7, thats alot of hockey 3 game 7's. its set up just like 94 down 3-2 to the devils i believe. also to say the rangers are nothing without lundqvist you obv dont watch enough hockey, they have one of the top defenses in the league to compliment him. Is he amazing yes, is he the mvp of the team yes, but theres alot more to a team then a good goalie.

JIBBBY
05-25-2012, 12:10 PM
^past two games the kings looked shaky, not that that will necessary translate into the next series

A little shaky, but they still had more shots on goal in both shaky games then the Yotes.

Kings will be rested and ready to go!!!! With that being said I hope the Rangers take it to a game 7!!!

slackerr26
05-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Hell yea devils!!!

JIBBBY
05-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Hell yea devils!!!

THEY CLOSED OUT 4-2....

OH SHIT IT'S ON NOW!!

KINGS VS DEVILS In the Stanley!!!

BRING IT!!!! Kings will get the cup!!!

Detoxx03
05-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Not sure who I'm going to pick or root for but I'll figure it out before Wednesday.

slackerr26
05-26-2012, 10:37 AM
THEY CLOSED OUT 4-2....

OH SHIT IT'S ON NOW!!

KINGS VS DEVILS In the Stanley!!!

BRING IT!!!! Kings will get the cup!!!

I wouldn't get too confident, nobody expected us to beat the flyers, let alone the flyers and rangers both.

JIBBBY
05-26-2012, 11:24 AM
^^^^Devils are no joke.. That is why they are in the Stanley Cup Finals..

Kings I'm sure will have their hands full with this team.. Scoring goals like both teams have been doing may be difficult in this series as well..

RikkiTorment
05-26-2012, 12:53 PM
I think the Devils will beat the Kings in 6 games, their forecheck and backcheck are second to none.

But in other words have you guys heard anything about this?!

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-talk/Hasek-eyes-NHL-return-is-he-what-Flyers-?blockID=714042&feedID=695

slackerr26
05-26-2012, 03:00 PM
^heard that. Crazy to see if it actually happens at age 47

sicksspeed
05-26-2012, 07:34 PM
47 cool and they call Marty old. By the way Jibby LETS GO DEVILS. Will be fun.

NW-99SS
05-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Going to be a great SCF. Devils put the Rangers to rest in 6, which is what I predicted after game 4.

I would slightly favor the Kings in this SCF, but as said, I will not count out the Devils...they have played some great hockey to get here. Looking forward to this one!

JIBBBY
05-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Kings have never won the Stanley.. Come on fellas give LA a break.. Devils can't win on principal alone!!!

GO KINGS!!! Bring that shit on!!!!

Dustin AZ
05-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Good luck to the Kings. I'm going with my #2 team. GO, DEVILS, GO!

JIBBBY
05-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Good luck to the Kings. I'm going with my #2 team. GO, DEVILS, GO!

The fun begins tomorrow night!!! Kings got this in the bag... Too much offense and goal tending from those LOS ANGELES KINGS...

Kings are way too deep and on a serious winning roll right now!!!

slackerr26
05-29-2012, 11:22 PM
The fun begins tomorrow night!!! Kings got this in the bag... Too much offense and goal tending from those LOS ANGELES KINGS...

Kings are way too deep and on a serious winning roll right now!!!

Yea the devils don't have any of that, even tho they average the same amount of goals per game, and have one of the best goalies of all time

JIBBBY
05-30-2012, 12:12 AM
Yea the devils don't have any of that, even tho they average the same amount of goals per game, and have one of the best goalies of all time

Hey but whom is playing at a higher level right now and whom is sweeping more regularly?

Jersey is tough though and what you say is very accurate slacker!!! Devils do have an amazing goal tender!!! Sometimes that is what it comes down too!!

Still, I think the Devils will come up SHORT in the end. Kings are on mission this year and believe!

Detoxx03
05-30-2012, 12:32 AM
I've been going back and forth over this pick for a while. I just can't root for the Devils and I like what the Kings have been doing this post season so I'm taking the to win in 6 games.

JIBBBY
05-30-2012, 12:38 AM
I've been going back and forth over this pick for a while. I just can't root for the Devils and I like what the Kings have been doing this post season so I'm taking the to win in 6 games.

Don't be a little bitch with a skirt Detoxx... For the love of God man up and pick a winner and don't beat around the bush!! :)

Dustin AZ
05-30-2012, 01:35 AM
This is a near identical Cinderella-type story when the Devils faced Anaheim in 2003: The Ducks were 12-2 in their run to the Stanley Cup finals, a goal-tender that had become larger than life, and had a lot of speculators favoring the California team.

Just sayin'. ;)

slackerr26
05-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Never count the devils out, or you will end up like the rangers and flyers

JIBBBY
05-30-2012, 11:19 AM
It's on tonight!!! ON NBC!! STANLEY CUP FINALS!!!!

Detoxx03
05-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Don't be a little bitch with a skirt Detoxx... For the love of God man up and pick a winner and don't beat around the bush!! :)

Maybe you should read my post again Napolean

JIBBBY
05-30-2012, 11:30 AM

Nice stealth edit... Kings it is...

I'm just messing around with ya Detoxx... :usa:

bp m1009
05-30-2012, 11:35 AM
DEVILS :devil:

Dustin AZ
05-30-2012, 02:59 PM

1995 was a long time ago. :razz:

JIBBBY
05-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Game one is pretty big in the series.. Let's see what happens!!!! I put 40 bucks down on the Kings..GO KINGS!!!

It's a pick em game in game 1.. Even money..

I guess the experts are picking this as a coin toss as well on whom is too win the series pretty much.. I thought the Kings would be slightly favored... Not the case as it appears...

Detoxx03
05-30-2012, 04:17 PM
1995 was a long time ago. :razz:

I still take is personal and with word that Nick Lidstrom is retiring its a sad day for me

01 CamaroSS SLP
05-30-2012, 06:23 PM
http://youtu.be/xl46TWdMvaE

Go kings! Kings take it 6. 4-2 series win at home.

JIBBBY
05-30-2012, 07:01 PM
IT'S TIME!!! An 8th seed... THE KINGS..

A little recent KINGS history... A true underdog franchise story that rose from the depths and out of no where!!!!

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog?name=nhl_draft&id=7987850&_slug_=the-kings-stanley-cup-team-built-blend-homegrown-players-nhl-draft&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnhl %2fblog%3fname%3dnhl_draft%26id%3d7987850%26_slug_ %3dthe-kings-stanley-cup-team-built-blend-homegrown-players-nhl-draft

Detoxx03
05-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Kings strike first

JIBBBY
05-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Quick is sick thru 1.... KING BABY!!! 1-0

JIBBBY
05-30-2012, 08:53 PM
OH SHIT 1-1.. End of 2... Crunch and nervous time in the 3rd coming up!!!

I am a sports posting whore tonight in the lounge!!! Proud of it too :)

JIBBBY
05-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Hell I'll post to myself... I have no pride and God was watching :)

This is coming down to the finish... 1-1 still late in the third.. I knew it would be low scoring, and I'm thinking Quick will hold.. Shoot out coming up perhaps boys and girls?

Detoxx03
05-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Overtime

JIBBBY
05-30-2012, 09:47 PM
OT nervous time for Kings fans.. Quick is saving everything though!!!!

Detoxx03
05-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Hell of a goal by Kopitar!!!

JIBBBY
05-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Oh shit kopigtar on the break!!! King baby kings!!!!!

Dustin AZ
05-30-2012, 10:21 PM
There's no sense in being subtle about it: The Kings got lucky. Oh, well. Next game!

N01SS
05-31-2012, 01:43 AM
OH SHIT 1-1.. End of 2... Crunch and nervous time in the 3rd coming up!!!

I am a sports posting whore tonight in the lounge!!! Proud of it too :)

all that sports posting, can't spell Kopitar, and you think there are shootouts in the playoffs

:swing: LA is a shithole

sicksspeed
05-31-2012, 06:56 AM
Ah yea that's right it's new this year the final series only 2 overtimes then they go to shootout but they have ducks instead of picks yea that's it. Were not drunk again are we.

sicksspeed
05-31-2012, 06:59 AM
Make that pucks. Damn auto correct.

NW-99SS
05-31-2012, 10:25 AM
I agree, Kings got lucky...Quick made some unreal saves just before that breakaway goal!

JIBBBY
05-31-2012, 10:48 AM
I agree, Kings got lucky...Quick made some unreal saves just before that breakaway goal!

How did they get lucky?.. They showed more offense and slightly better goal tending at net.. They are the road killers too in the playoffs...

I wouldn't call that lucky...

JIBBBY
05-31-2012, 10:54 AM
all that sports posting, can't spell Kopitar, and you think there are shootouts in the playoffs

:swing: LA is a shithole

Typo obviously with the Kopitar mis spelling!!!...But yes, total brain fart with the shoot out comment in the playoffs.. Got me there.. Was just excited and forgot in the moment..

Got my head about me now..

Don't be a soar loser NO1SS as it clearly is showing, NJ lost game one in overtime at home.. Live with it... ;)

Oh and San Jose is one large trailer park full of broke ass meth users.. You wish you could afford to live here in LA hater!!!

KINGS 1-0

NW-99SS
05-31-2012, 11:13 AM
How did they get lucky?.. They showed more offense and slightly better goal tending at net.. They are the road killers too in the playoffs...

I wouldn't call that lucky...

Lucky that they didn't get scored multiple times in the third and overtime. Lucky that the bounces went there way...take it how you want to. Could have gone either way, such is hockey. There were bounces that went the Devils way as well.

Just referring to the mad rush on Quick just before the goal. Call it skill, luck, talent, whichever, I'm okay with it.

I still believe the Kings will win it, but the Devils won't let them take it easily...

slackerr26
05-31-2012, 06:41 PM
Devils lost game 1 against the rangers and flyers, no big deal. Just need a game to adjust

01 CamaroSS SLP
05-31-2012, 07:15 PM
Everyone is saying how lucky the kings are to win it because the devils were surging in the 3rd and OT. What about in the 2nd period when the devils were playing a horrible period, are they lucky they didn't allow 2, 3, 4 goals??? LMAO some of you guys crack me up.

JIBBBY
05-31-2012, 07:37 PM
How can anyone call this Kings team lucky when they basically can't lose on the road?? The Kings are up game one on the road in the Stanley Cup finals and basically swept their way to get here???... HOW IS THAT LUCKY?

I would call that complete dominance more then just luck!!!!

I am shocked at some of these posts I'm reading!!!!:bs:

'WHEELS'
05-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Typo obviously with the Kopitar mis spelling!!!...But yes, total brain fart with the shoot out comment in the playoffs.. Got me there.. Was just excited and forgot in the moment..

Got my head about me now..

Don't be a soar loser NO1SS as it clearly is showing, NJ lost game one in overtime at home.. Live with it... ;)

Oh and San Jose is one large trailer park full of broke ass meth users.. You wish you could afford to live here in LA hater!!!
KINGS 1-0

:jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: jesus christ jibbby....

JIBBBY
05-31-2012, 07:45 PM
:jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: jesus christ jibbby....

Gotta represent Wheels :cool:

You get that AMG bush magnet yet? I'm still working on getting one myself...

My best bud lives in Hollywood, right near the Hollywood Bowl I'm always up that way to the Grove for Brazilian grub and what not!!!

You guys got it good as there is no marine layer up there... I'm jealous at times living at the beach!!!

Back to topic... King are rocking the cup!!!!!:cheers:

'WHEELS'
05-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Gotta represent Wheels :cool:

You get that AMG bush magnet yet? I'm still working on getting one myself...

My best bud lives in Hollywood, right near the Hollywood Bowl I'm always up that way to the Grove for Brazilian grub and what not!!!

You guys got it good as there is no marine layer up there... I'm jealous at times living at the beach!!!

Back to topic... King are rocking the cup!!!!!:cheers:

right on, i'm just a couple exits away from there, right off vineland. My lease is up in one month, i'm SOOOO tempted to try the beach life for a year, santa monica is beautiful, although i can see that marine layer putting a damper on the "lifestyle". We'll see.

Can anybody tell me why the cup series is spaced more than the playoffs? I'm so used to watching a game every night from the western and eastern teams that this 3 day interval is taking forever!!

sicksspeed
05-31-2012, 08:24 PM
What do you think about this theory slacker26. Coach scratches Kovalchuk for another undisclosed injury. Comes back in third game and starts kicking a again.worked regular season and in playoffs. I don't think he was hurt either time.

JIBBBY
05-31-2012, 09:10 PM
right on, i'm just a couple exits away from there, right off vineland. My lease is up in one month, i'm SOOOO tempted to try the beach life for a year, santa monica is beautiful, although i can see that marine layer putting a damper on the "lifestyle". We'll see.

Can anybody tell me why the cup series is spaced more than the playoffs? I'm so used to watching a game every night from the western and eastern teams that this 3 day interval is taking forever!!

No, the Marine layer blows on the westside!!!!... Clowds roll in and burn off right around the 405 freeway more often then not during summer.. It's like I'm wearing a coat and feeling like it's dead winter in July down here at home then cruise up to Hollywood and am sweating like a beast and feeling the sun and heat just like that!!!.. It's crazy.. SM is cool though for the most part... Love where I live... :thumb:

HOCKEY - I don't know why they make such a break in between games during the Finals as I guess it's for hype, viewing and rest maybe? Good point!!! I'd love to be watching game 2 tonight:confused:

'WHEELS'
05-31-2012, 09:19 PM
or at least tomorrow night, giving them one day off like in the playoffs!

slackerr26
06-01-2012, 12:20 AM
What do you think about this theory slacker26. Coach scratches Kovalchuk for another undisclosed injury. Comes back in third game and starts kicking a again.worked regular season and in playoffs. I don't think he was hurt either time.

Would be an interesting move for sure. He didn't do much in game one but he is a leading scorer. Might be a good plan to do that and change the lines up a bit, especially since it has worked before.

JIBBBY
06-02-2012, 09:53 PM
OT oh shit!!! GO KINGS one more gain!!!:cheers: JUST WIN BABY!!!

01 CamaroSS SLP
06-02-2012, 10:22 PM
So far its been all devils this overtime. These teams match up pretty well to each other, and the hitting has been good. :)

JIBBBY
06-02-2012, 10:28 PM
KINGS!!! Ummmm oooops up 2-0... I guess the Kings are still just lucky....

I've been too 3 LAKER Basketball championship parades here in LA!!... I will be sooooo in attendance when the KINGS win it all!!!! Just curious on how that will go down as a first time ever!!!!

GO FRIGG'n KINGS!!! AN 8TH SEED!!!:cheers:

NW-99SS
06-03-2012, 06:51 AM
KINGS!!! Ummmm oooops up 2-0... I guess the Kings are still just lucky....

I've been too 3 LAKER Basketball championship parades here in LA!!... I will be sooooo in attendance when the KINGS win it all!!!! Just curious on how that will go down as a first time ever!!!!

GO FRIGG'n KINGS!!! AN 8TH SEED!!!:cheers:

Apparently you didn't listen to the interview with Richards after overtime. I counted him saying how the Kings were LUCKY at least 7 times!!!

If you don't take my word for it as a hockey player myself, maybe you can trust your own team's players??:engarde:

BTW, I still favour the Kings to win the cup, but am not a loyal fan of either team. Also, the Pens went down 0 - 2 to the Wings the year they won the cup....it's far from over and I hope it continues to be an entertaining series. Last thing I want to see is a sweep in the finals.

slackerr26
06-03-2012, 11:25 AM
was a good game. i will say the kings were lucky that kovalchuk hit the crossbar with 13 seconds left in the game, you cant deny that

JIBBBY
06-03-2012, 01:10 PM
BTW, I still favour the Kings to win the cup, but am not a loyal fan of either team. Also, the Pens went down 0 - 2 to the Wings the year they won the cup....it's far from over and I hope it continues to be an entertaining series. Last thing I want to see is a sweep in the finals.

Did those same Pens lose the 1st two games at home? I forgot?

This series is not over but I think it's safe to say the NJ Devils are on life support right about now.. They better get game 3 in LA or the plug will be pulled...

NW-99SS
06-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Did those same Pens lose the 1st two games at home? I forgot?

This series is not over but I think it's safe to say the NJ Devils are on life support right about now.. They better get game 3 in LA or the plug will be pulled...

It's a good point you bring up. They lost the first two on the road. And while I tend to side with you that Jersey getting two back in L.A. is next to impossible, at least this year, it seems, the Kings are beatable (only twice:eek2: ) at home, but not on the road.

The Devils have their backs up against it now. Althought they out-played the Kings most of the 2nd game, they still went to bed empty-handed. Time to see if Parise, Kovalchuk, Elias can step up their game another notch and put up a fight for the Kings.

Overall, the size advantage that the Kings have and that they have played 7 fewer games than the Devils will be major influences on this series.

JIBBBY
06-04-2012, 11:50 AM
^^ Well you can say the 1st two games were very closely played as both went into overtime.. It just appears that the Devils either get tired or lazy in OT and give it up..

Scoring is down in this series...Curious to see if either team starts unloading tonight on goal????

This game is already a sell out at Staples Center right down the road from where I live.. Some box seats are selling for 11,000 dollars which is mind blowing to me.. Hockey really woke up in this city!!! I wanted to go to the game tonight but tickets were too hard and pricey to find :(

-Ross-
06-04-2012, 11:56 AM
What is this "Hockey" you speak of?

Detoxx03
06-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Big game tonight. The Kings can almost send the Devils back to hell with a win tonight.

XxGarbSxX
06-04-2012, 03:12 PM
I want to see Richards and Carter with a cup, but damn, Jibbby, you're making it extremely difficult to root for the Kings.

Detoxx03
06-04-2012, 08:43 PM
2-0 Kings so far. Quick is looking like the Conn Smythe. Kings can be the first 8th seed to win the cup and first team to sweep since my Red Wings did it in 1998 to the Capitals.

Detoxx03
06-04-2012, 09:20 PM
3-0 now

Detoxx03
06-04-2012, 09:22 PM
4-0 Kings

JIBBBY
06-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Ooooops!!!!

Up 3-0 now in the series and this last game wasn't even close.. I think I smell a solid sweep one more gain!!!..

Wow, this Kings team shocked me this year!!! How solid of a hockey club is this?

AGAIN AN 8th seed coming in.. This is a great story for a dusty worthless franchise..

bp m1009
06-04-2012, 11:15 PM
thanks for commentating...most of the games are spent in the Kings zone, if Quick wasnt so good Kings wouldnt be winning this. :(

sicksspeed
06-05-2012, 04:53 AM
Wow we could have least lost with a good showing.

NW-99SS
06-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Ooooops!!!!

Up 3-0 now in the series and this last game wasn't even close.. I think I smell a solid sweep one more gain!!!..

Wow, this Kings team shocked me this year!!! How solid of a hockey club is this?

AGAIN AN 8th seed coming in.. This is a great story for a dusty worthless franchise..

Going to give you props for calling this game to have more scoring:cheers:

Finally a game that LA certainly deserved to win - no luck factor here, just out-worked the Devils pretty much everywhere on the ice. Was the best game I have seen them play since early in the Phoenix series, and very impressive. Our canadian announcers were saying, "You know sometimes when a team is in the SCF, they realize they just are not the better team....the Devils may have just realized that."

One thing I will say is the first goal was garbage and should not have counted. The ref's duty is to blow down the play when he can no longer see the puck. Well, it didn't matter from what angle you watched, the puck was no where in sight (clearly under Brodeur's pad) and should have been whistled dead. Add to that the ref was on the wrong side of the play to even be able to tell. Could have changed this whole game - momentum shift for the Kings, etc and possibly a different outcome had it been properly called.

Now before Jibby gets his pants in a wad about that comment, I'm not saying that the Kings wouldn't have won this game without that goal, but it had the potential to change the entire complexity of the game, that is all.:angel:

JIBBBY
06-05-2012, 11:00 AM
The first goal was crap... ^ I call it as i see it and just because I'm a KINGS fan doesn't make me favor a bad call..

However, just stopping that first goal probably would have not turned that game around...Kings were showing domination in every period.. That was a hockey clinic... Quick was also like a brick wall behind the net, nothing was getting past him..

I'm pretty sure we will see a finals sweep now.. How often does that happen? Just saying... Very impressive...

NW-99SS
06-05-2012, 12:21 PM
The first goal was crap... ^ I call it as i see it and just because I'm a KINGS fan doesn't make me favor a bad call..

However, just stopping that first goal probably would have not turned that game around...Kings were showing domination in every period.. That was a hockey clinic... Quick was also like a brick wall behind the net, nothing was getting past him..

I'm pretty sure we will see a finals sweep now.. How often does that happen? Just saying... Very impressive...

Couldn't agree more, other than the 1st was a little slow, but it's not like the Devil's could even take advantage of a 5 - 3 for an entire minute.

Historicall, this type of run to the cup hasn't happened since the 1988 Oilers (4-1 1st round, 4-0 2nd round, 4-1 third round, 4-0 finals ---> look familiar??).

Of more importance, they are the first team in the history of the 7 game playoff format to go up 3-0 in every round of the playoffs.

If they win Wednesday, this will go down in the history books as one of the strongest teams of all time to win Lord Stanley's Cup!

Go Kings!

Detoxx03
06-05-2012, 12:48 PM
They will be a team to mention in that discussion but there were so many great teams that it's hard to give them that just yet.

JIBBBY
06-05-2012, 01:49 PM
What's incredible about this run is they came in at the lowest seed possible AN 8th SEED!!!!

I thought maybe they would battle in the 1st round and lose... Then they just started killing it. Dominating each series and winning on the road too..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember that 88 Oilers team very well.. Watched them closely that year... VERY VERY DOMINATE.. I don't think this Kings team beats that 88 Edmonton Oiler team!!!

They had multiple legendary players in their prime playing on that team - Wayne Gretsky, Mark Messier, Mike Krushelyski, etc.. Defensive studs in Marty McSorely and Jeff Bleukeboom.. The name list goes on on for that team..

I was a huge hockey fan back in 88 and that team was a monster offensively and defensively.. Even my Kings today would struggle I think as great as they look..

Detoxx03
06-05-2012, 02:29 PM
They wouldn't beat any of the recent Red Wings Cup Winners but it's hard to compare decades. I do think the competition was tougher back in the day though but the goalies wear so much crap now it's harder to score.

sicksspeed
06-06-2012, 04:55 AM
What I want to know at this point is how the Kings ended up in the 8 th seed anyway. These guys have it all.

NW-99SS
06-06-2012, 07:07 AM
They wouldn't beat any of the recent Red Wings Cup Winners but it's hard to compare decades. I do think the competition was tougher back in the day though but the goalies wear so much crap now it's harder to score.

Actually, the equipment on goalies has been decreased in size since the 90's - so today's goalies have to be more athletic than those of past decades :cheers:

I want to see the Kings win tonight just for the record books alone. And while I agree that this is amazing for an 8th seed, there was less than 5 points from 3rd to 8th in the West so it's not like they were terrible in the regular season, the West is just that close every year.

JIBBBY
06-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Getting out my broom tonight for the sweep!!! GO KINGS!!!

ArchOverseer
06-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Actually, the equipment on goalies has been decreased in size since the 90's - so today's goalies have to be more athletic than those of past decades :cheers:

I want to see the Kings win tonight just for the record books alone. And while I agree that this is amazing for an 8th seed, there was less than 5 points from 3rd to 8th in the West so it's not like they were terrible in the regular season, the West is just that close every year.

And yet there's still not a goaltender, side for maybe Quick, who could match Hasek's athleticism, who by the way....Played with the old style equipment, and also, by the way, played for one of those cup winning Red Wings teams. ;)

NW-99SS
06-06-2012, 03:06 PM
And yet there's still not a goaltender, side for maybe Quick, who could match Hasek's athleticism, who by the way....Played with the old style equipment, and also, by the way, played for one of those cup winning Red Wings teams. ;)

Arguable, but a good point. I think we saw some great goaltending this year - Smith, Holtby, Lundquist, Quick, even Brodeur is playing very well. Add to this that their equipment is smaller than Hasek's.

Still a good point though, Dominik had a slinky for a spine!

Detoxx03
06-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Hasek was great. I wish he played with us earlier cause we could have had 6 or 7 cups instead of a measly 4 cups recently :D

Detoxx03
06-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Well here we go fellas. Will the Devils waste our time and send it to a game 5 or will Dustin Brown be the first American-born captain to raise the cup since Derian Hatcher? Hopefully the later.

Parise not starting is great. Hopefully him and Suter join the Red Wings this offseason.

NW-99SS
06-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Not looking great for the Devil's PP...seriously left the same after no success all series :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Definition of insanity:

Repeating the same action, expecting a different result. Get Kovalchuk off the point!

Detoxx03
06-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Damn now we have to watch the cup raised on the road for another year

slackerr26
06-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Hope you got the receipt for that broom Jibby...

bp m1009
06-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Getting out my broom tonight for the sweep!!! GO KINGS!!!

so what did you do with your broom?

sicksspeed
06-07-2012, 04:39 AM
Ok let us review: game one goes o.t. could have gone either way. Game two goes o.t. could have gone either way. Game three Kings get it done except for that first bogus goal that may have change the game but we gave it to the Kings. Game four Devil's get it done even though as soon as we got a goal the officials tried to stop the game with that way bogus boarding call on Clarkson, come on allready that was a stand up hands in front of the recieving player love tap! Bogus! Devils take that game the fat lady was not in the house even she had the brooms over in Newark sweepng off the ice for saturday game.

JIBBBY
06-07-2012, 09:59 AM
so what did you do with your broom?

I put it back in my closet... :offtopic:

Congrats Devils, another close game but they got it at the end... We have more hockey it's all good!!! :)