Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ticking noise from in dash help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ticking noise from in dash help?

Hello all i have a 02 ls1 car and when i bought it i noticed that when its cold it rattles like a lifter isnt pumped up or something. My bud bought a 01 ls1 car and its doing the same he said the guy he bought his from said that its a common problem that its the knock sensors?? Anoyone heard of this??ANd also when the car is at operating temp its perfectly quiet . Also this morning when i hopped in it it made the normal noise up to op temp and now with the radio off it sounds as is a diesel is behind me!!!! i hear a constant clacking noise sounds like a 6.0 powerstroke behind me at the red light the noise is coming from up in dash near the windsheild What could this be? when you pop the hood nothing sounds normal no odd noises or anything but sit back inside with doors closed and radio off you can hear it. Also if you put your ear near the windshield wiper cowl you can barley hear it but its alot louder on the inside. Any ideas its the loudest inbside the car and i put longtubes on the car saturday and there is no exhaust leaks
Old 04-12-2012, 06:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump anyone?