Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

17x9.5 rear tire question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 07:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 17x9.5 rear tire question

Sorry in advance as I am sure this question has been asked before. However, I am in afghanistan and my internet is extremely slow, the search feature will not load for me.

I plan on buying a set of wheels from OEwheels as soon as I get back to the states. I would love to do a 17x9.5 front with 18x10.5 rear staggered setup. However, the difference in price for a tire in 17 as compared to an 18 is too much for me. That being said, I am planning on getting a set of c6 17x9.5 on all four corners, deep dish in the rear.

I would like to run as wide of a tire as possible without doing BFH or anything like that, I was thinking a 295 in the rear? What size would you guys recomend. I plan on lowering the car with some qa1 shocks and stano lowering springs. Also, I was thinking a 275/265 or so on the front. What size for them as well?

The car will be my daily driver and I am stationed right outside of seattle, so rain is a factor for tire choice. I want a high performance sticky tire with decent wet traction. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys
Old 04-12-2012, 08:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

if it were me i would save for the staggered setup, but if you must have the wheels now then i would go with 275's all the way around on that 17x9.5. BF Goodrich KDWs are nice IMO for dry/wet roads.

be sure to post pics when you get your setup in. Have a safe trip back to the other side of the pond!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

Well say I did just spring for the staggered setup.

What size would you reccomend for the rear as well as for the front. I was looking at the BFG's and I will probably go with them.

Like I said, the car will be lowered on the strano 1.2" lowering springs and qa1 shocks. Widest tire possible in the rear.