Florida Members - Tampa Area: Need to do a leakdown test, where to go?

DETROIT_AREA_00_SS
04-13-2012, 10:53 AM
I am getting a touch more smoke out the breather than I would like, so before I put the turbo on I would like to do a leakdown test. Where should I go and what should it cost?

DETROIT_AREA_00_SS
04-17-2012, 01:20 AM
Nothing? Come on!

therabidweasel
04-17-2012, 02:58 AM
not being a smartass here, but I'd suggest google and then the parts store. if you want to pay someone, anyone that can change sparkplugs should work.

DETROIT_AREA_00_SS
04-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Since I have never done one and have never seen one done, I would prefer someone who knows how to perform one and get accurate results.

As many of the people, probably MOST of the people here, I do not trust my neighborhood mechanic to touch my car. This is due to the last 2 experiences I have had.

So asking for a recommendation isn't all that idiotic IMO.

therabidweasel
04-18-2012, 04:39 PM
didn't mean to come across as criticizing you. certainly not saying you're idiotic. you might change your thread title to "looking for competent mechanic in Tampa." they should all be able to do the test.

camar0corey
04-18-2012, 08:29 PM
A couple Tampa Bay area shops that deal with GM's would be Anti Venom and Precision Motorsports. Don't remember anyone else off the top of my head but there are probably a bunch of options.