View Full Version : UPS man brought me a present

dudesweet
04-14-2012, 12:56 PM
1 3/4" Coated Kooks. Discuss. I know. Not as exciting as a couple of builds going on.

wcryan
04-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Second best mod I liked doing to my car. Second to the supercharger. That says something

NeverSatisfied02
04-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Nice! Remember the day I got mine and pulled them out of the box. Just sat there and stared at them for awhile... Lol

odthetruth
04-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Second best mod I liked doing to my car. Second to the supercharger. That says something

I agree. Although I don't have a supercharger, headers really wakes up the V a bit more.

RADEoN
04-14-2012, 02:39 PM
after heads and cam my favorite mod is still either my shifter or ls7 clutch setup

garrettg
04-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Since this was an 07 any reason you didn't opt for the larger primary kooks?

dudesweet
04-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Yes it does. And I can't wait to get these bad boys on...and my DMH cutouts.

after heads and cam my favorite mod is still either my shifter or ls7 clutch setup
Mmmm. Heads and cam. I'll add a azn2dmax shifter soon (are you reading this, Oliver)...and still trying to get comfortable with an LS7 clutch swap. Having 2nd thoughts because of the pedal issue (which isn't a huge deal) but also because of something I read about shifts at high RPMs being nearly impossible. Want to get to the bottom of that.

Since this was an 07 any reason you didn't opt for the larger primary kooks?
After reading numerous threads and consulting a few tuners, I decided on these since I wasn't planning on modding beyond a CAI, intake, and headers. After this install, I'll get a tune and be done. Gotta save my $ for V2 mods. Well maybe an LS7 clutch. Probably. And then I'll be done. I anticipate being in this car for another year for sure.

BudRacing
04-14-2012, 10:54 PM
Mmmm. Heads and cam. I'll add a azn2dmax shifter soon (are you reading this, Oliver)...and still trying to get comfortable with an LS7 clutch swap. Having 2nd thoughts because of the pedal issue (which isn't a huge deal) but also because of something I read about shifts at high RPMs being nearly impossible. Want to get to the bottom of that.

I have zero problems with pedal or shifting and mine is a straight up LS7 clutch/C6 slave swap, no spacers or mods.

Also, my OBX headers are sitting in a box right behind me :)

dudesweet
04-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Good to know, Bud. Thanks!

fucter
04-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Nice! Remember the day I got mine and pulled them out of the box. Just sat there and stared at them for awhile... Lol

yeah, did the same thing with my headers. all the ones i put on cars before that were second hand rusted pieces of junk. I had to give up a weeks pay for this set!

Hung
04-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Very nice indeed. Man I gotta meet you TX V owners. I'm in Houston and see V's every now and then but never get to talk to anyone. =(