Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying my headers, just a quick question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying my headers, just a quick question

I work at Oreilly auto parts, so i get my parts real cheap, which means I'll be buying my Headers and x-pipe this week.

For the headers, I'm either buying pacesetter or hedman, I'm spending as little as possible and because i can get them real cheap from my work. These are the 3 different ones.

Hedman Hedders 68534

PaceSetter Performance 70-2256

PaceSetter Performance 70-2253

The last one doesnt come with reducers, my question is do i need them if Im having a shop custom make tru-duals?

This is the x-pipe:

Magnaflow 10782

And I'll prob just throw on some straight through glasspacks...
Old 04-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

depends on what size exhaust your running. if your going to try and do 3" duals then no you dont need reducers, if your doing anything besides 3" then yes you will need the reducers to mat up what ever size pipe your running.

i also have a question of my own for you lol. I live in Michigan as well, looking for a shop to do my TD's. Who are you having do it, how much is it gonna cost you? I've only found a couple guys who want over a thousand bucks and most people just say they wont even do the job..lazy people ha
Old 04-16-2012, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

When I go back to work tomorrow, I will talk to a couple of my Pro Customers and get some qoutes for ya
Old 04-16-2012, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

You're going to have a hard time finding a better deal than the TSP true duals imo.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any word on good prices? I found a guy who will do Crush Bent Aluminum for 250 if i supply all the other material ie: mufflers,tips,xpipe,reducers, and says i HAVE to have cats... not my ideal setup at all lol but i might take it cause i feel like i would rather have crush bent duals than mandral cat back
Old 04-18-2012, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Well the girl i work with said her friend would prob be able to do it for a couple hundred, I'm trying to get all the details from her.