Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla tuning for auto-x

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 08:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla tuning for auto-x

Has anyone experimented with the different plates to see which gives the best power characteristic for auto-x? A friend of mine who drives an LT-1 Z28 claims the middle sized plate gives the best power.

From what I understand from exhaust tuning, going to the largest or second largest plate might be better becuase the increase back pressure would reult in more torque. Plus a guy on another board post dyno results on his '96 Lt-1 that showed the largest diameter plate made the biggest increase in power and torque.

Any advice? Thanks.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

Interesting. I also believe that since you aren't oppening up all the way on an Auto-X course, that you can run a block off plate to make more back pressure for torque.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dream '94 Z28
A friend of mine who drives an LT-1 Z28 claims the middle sized plate gives the best power.
I believe this to be true.

Back in '96-'97 when the Borla system was fairly new to the F-body there was a sight called WS6.com . On the site a guy dyno'd the Borla system on a '96 WS6 and laid up the dyno graphs of all five plates.

Check this link:
http://www.ws6.com/mod-5.htm

Hope this helps.