Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From stock intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From stock intake

I'm about to start upgrading my intake finally from stock. I want to end up about 98-102mm all the way through. Will the SLP lid be good for that, or should I go with the 98mm FTP lid? I only ask because they SLP is half the price. I was looking at the 92mm F.A.S.T. "big mouth" throttle body because I haven't been finding any around 98mm. To go with the FAST LSXR 102mm or the professional products 96mm Typhoon for an intake manifold. Also a Chris1313 intake. Long term I'll be going with LTH to a tru dual x pipe. 3.93 gears 9" rear end. 224/224 cam, undecided on heads (direction there would be appreciated also). Possibly a procharger later on and some n2o. Stage 2 or 3 clutch, chromoly driveshaft, 17x9.5 fronts 18x10 rears.

Also will I be able to change things as I go, or should I just do it all at once? Aside from the fact of all at once being easier, but is it possible to do it one at a time? Chris1313 and lid first, working my way back
Old 04-16-2012, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the FTP intake w/ 98mm lid, SLP boot & FAST 92/92. GM 85mm MAF as well. Everything matched up nicely. Between the FAST 102 & PP Typhoon, I'd stick with the FAST myself. I would wait to do everything during your potential LT header & cam swap. You won't see much of a gain with the intake alone on a stock motor.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would have been doing alot more sooner, but I ended up having to replace the water pump, pressure line on p/s, throw out bearing and pilot bearing on my clutch, the radiator and buy a new $257 tire. Kinda set me back a bit. Figure I could atleast do the intake now, headers and exhaust would be a few months set back. Won't do a cam for maybe about 9months. Getting settled in at my new job before I start spending too much at the moment.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 PM
12 Second Club

Do the exhaust first. Then the cam and intake. Your money will be better spent on LT's/exhaust over the intake....let alone the gains you will net. A FAST 102 combo is expensive and more the less worthless as your car sits right now. You could do UD Pulleys/headers/exhaust for less than what the FAST 102 combo costs just by itself.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JrodCamaro
I would have been doing alot more sooner, but I ended up having to replace the water pump, pressure line on p/s, throw out bearing and pilot bearing on my clutch, the radiator and buy a new $257 tire. Kinda set me back a bit. Figure I could atleast do the intake now, headers and exhaust would be a few months set back. Won't do a cam for maybe about 9months. Getting settled in at my new job before I start spending too much at the moment.
You are heading into this build *** backwards. Get your headers and exhaust system on and then start thinking cam and intake.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is why I ask those who have been here before. To think, I just sold my LTH because I wanted to go a different direction first. Guess it's time to start all over.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JrodCamaro
This is why I ask those who have been here before. To think, I just sold my LTH because I wanted to go a different direction first. Guess it's time to start all over.
My suggestion until you can afford a cam swap....

TSP SS 1-7/8 LT's
TSP SS ORY
Magnaflow
Powerbond UD Pulley
Tune

Is your car a M6 or A4?

Last edited by *02WS6TURK*; 04-16-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

m6. I'm wanting to go the direction of tru duals Xpipe no cats, thankfully no emissions standards in KS.
What's the deal with UD pulleys? I've never really looked into them.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Yeah ur lucky with the no emission since ur stuck with the 99 ls1 and have that egr bs. I luckily know a feller here in MO who gives me the "good old' boy" look

Like said, go exhaust 1st. I did that and when I did my intake I didn't see much til I had the car custom tuned, then OW GOD DAMN!!!!!!