Racer's Lounge - UFC 145 Rashad Evan vs Jon BONES Jones!!!!!

JIBBBY
04-16-2012, 08:36 PM
The card for this Saturday night!!!! About time these two bastards fight!!!! Your pics and why? http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC145#/fight

Rashad Evans vs Jon Jones I think Rashad gives Jon Jones the fight of his life on the point cards, but i think Jones connects with the long reach more often then not.. Wrestling is null and void for both.. Jon Jones wins by decision as it goes the distance as Rashad tries to run and box the entire fight.. :zzz: I hope I'm wrong and they brawl and scrap and make it exciting though..

Schaub vs Roswell Schaub is probably to young and athletic for IFL Ben Rothwell.. Ben lands though it could get over fast.. Picking Branden Shaub by stoppage somehow as Ben will start to gas and bleed first..

Miguel Torres vs Michael McDonald Great fight!!!!!.. Always hard for me to bet against Miguel Torres but McDonald is a beast and will bring it.. Gonna still go with Miguel Torres by stoppage but he easily could get KO'd in this one by Michael McDonad.. Still when I think about these guys I believe the overall MMA skill set and big fight experience has to go to Miguel Torres, but the power punches and chin I think goes too McDonald.. Miguel Torres wins by smart fight plan, uses his reach and maybe subs McDonald in a triangle later on or something of that nature..

Hominick vs Yagin Mark Hominick by slaughter.. Too be honest I don't really know Yagin but based on the Vegas odds being 7-1.. This should be an easy win for Hominick in the UFC..

Bocek vs Allesio Good fight again.. Kinda of a fan of Allesio but Bocek is so dangerous... Experience and reach goes to Allesio, my money is on Allesio in a close one.. Dude is very physically gifted just hope he trained right in preparation for this fight..

Matt Brown vs Stephen Thompson Picking Stephen Thompson at 6-0 as I'm impressed with guy every time I see him fight.. Matt Brown is tough out though and has been fighting well of late..I think Stephen Thompson gets this one though and stays undefeated...

Travis Brown vs Chad Griggs Great fight Travis Brown at 12-0 and Chad Grave digger Griggs.. I look at the reach and weight advantage and am thinking Travis Brown connects more often the Griggs.. Griggs get stopped maybe in this one. Couple of bangers though going at it and it should be a quick one..

That's all I got for now..

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-16-2012, 08:50 PM
jones, schaub, browne. as much as i like griggs but i think browne has a serious reach advantage an will be too much him to handle but i dont see griggs being stopped. hes just too tough.

jones and rashad really do hate each other. i see this going the distance too.

schaub takes out big ben in rd 2 i think. rothwell looked horrible in his last fight though he did hang tough to finish the fight.

*02WS6TURK*
04-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Win for Jones by ground and pound

bboyferal
04-16-2012, 09:30 PM
I see Jones finishing Rashad. I predict NO decision for that one.

thislswon
04-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Jones/Evans:

This fight will be decided by 2 factors. Range VS speed and top control VS ability to scramble/sweep.

I believe Rashad will be Jon's toughest opponent to date. I believe Rashad will have to use speed and footwork and mix up his striking to set up the TD. I think Rashad will put Jones on his back at some point. I think Rashad will use his speed and footwork to get in and get out. I think he will have success with it too. Rashad is very quick and very good at getting in and out. He will have to change levels and keep Jon guessing.

We all know Jon will use his range and look for the clinch when Rashad does close the distance. Jones will look to pick him apart from the outside. I think he will fight a conservative fight that way he does not over commit and leave himself open for the TD.

I think Jon will win a 48-47 decision and Rashad will be his biggest test to date.

Mcdonald/Mills:

Mills is a standup fighter with heavy hands and a very quick starter. Mills needs to avoid any type of clinching with Rory. He also needs to get in and out fast and look for a big shot.

Rory is a beast. He is a very well rounded fighter with a lot of heart and a solid chin. He was mere seconds away from beating the reigning UFC interim champ. I think Rory is the future of that division. He has very good wrestling and a good all around ground game. Nice submissions and underrated GNP.

I am picking Rory via RNC

Torres/Mcdonald

Mcdonald is a very tough fighter. He has some very solid wins against some great fighters. Very well rounded and is a finisher. He can finish you on the feet or the ground.

Torres is a legend in the sport with a wealth of experience. His striking has really progressed but it seems like since joining Jackson's he has lost his eagerness to finish. He coasted in the Pace fight but was constantly looking for the finish against Mighty Mouse. Miguel's striking has progressed nicely and he is as slick as they come on the mat. Great top game and an even better bottom game perhaps.

I am picking Miguel via RNC in the 3rd and SOTN honors.

Schaub
Homminick
Bocek
Browne
Thompson(KOTN)
Njokuani(FOTN)

JIBBBY
04-16-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm really liking this UFC card... Alot of these fights should be closely contested...

Nice break down Thislswon... Gotta agree with you for once on your write ups..

I just hope this Jones/Evans fight is a boring stand up run and box it for points fight.. I want to see these two really mix it up and bring it.. Love to see both fighters actually go after a finish... Big if and wish though.. Rashad "sugar bitch" Evans typically fights cautious and that's why I don't like him..

*02WS6TURK*
04-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Rashad "sugar bitch" Evans

I thought it was "Sugar Tits" Evans?

thislswon
04-17-2012, 05:09 AM
Rashad "sugar bitch" Evans typically fights cautious and that's why I don't like him..

I actually really like the way Evans 2.0 has been fighting since coming back from injury and leaving Jacksons.

02Ls1Formula
04-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Who else is going to be there besides me???

Im going with:

Jones/ TKO 3rd
Schaub/ KO 2nd
Torres/ Sub 2nd
Hominick/ TKO 2nd
Bocek/ UD
Thompson/ KO via flashy head kick..again...1st
Travis Brown/ Chad Griggs should be on the damn main card!!! With that said, Griggs/ TKO 1st

JIBBBY
04-17-2012, 11:54 AM
More on the Evans/Jones main event

The more I think of this fight I believe - Rashad Evans is gonna come out dancing using that in and out peek a boo boxing style and fail.. I do think Jon Jones has seen that style over and over again in all there years of training together.. Jones has probably also fully prepared for that in his training up to this fight..

I'm hoping Rashad Evans doesn't show Jon Jones the same cards he's shown him for years and comes into this fight with a different game plan.. I think Rashad Evans should get extremely aggressive, look for take downs and close the distance to avoid the dynamic striking and long reach of Bones Jones first off..

Chances are Rashad Evans won't get punked on the ground by Jon Jones if taken down himself, so close the distance, work the clinch to further work for the take downs to end up in top position on Bones..

We've never seen Jon Jones on his back.. Rashad could possibly be the man to put him there if his game plan is to do so...

Question remains??? What Rashad Evans shows up and what game plan has he prepared to bring to the table?.. Hatred and aggression I think is his best bet in this one.. I can't see the shorter boxer in Rashad Evans out pointing Jon Jones standing thru 5...

thislswon
04-17-2012, 12:04 PM
I do think Jon Jones has seen that style over and over again in all there years of training together..

I'm hoping Rashad Evans doesn't show Jon Jones the same cards he's shown him for years and comes into this fight with a different game plan..

I think Rashad is a completely different fighter since leaving Jacksons. At Jacksons he either fought a standup fight or a wrestling match. He did not mix things up and use level changes like he does now. He seems leaner, more explosive, and has better footwork and timing.

I have never been a Rashad fan becasue quite frankly other than the Liddel/Slamon Ko's I have found him rather boring. He was also very one dimensional. Meaning coming off of the knockout of Salmon he thought he was a brilliant striker and abandoned his wrestling. Then after being knocked out by Machida he relied primarily on his wrestling.

Now since leaving New Mexico I think he does a brilliant job of blending everything together.

bboyferal
04-17-2012, 12:32 PM
I would bet anything that Rashad does not control Jones grappling... Based on each of their past fights, I don't think Rashad has a shot at putting Jones down and using a hold-down from the top... That's what I'd wager but we will see!

thislswon
04-17-2012, 12:41 PM
I would bet anything that Rashad does not control Jones grappling... Based on each of their past fights, I don't think Rashad has a shot at putting Jones down and using a hold-down from the top... That's what I'd wager but we will see!

I do not think he will be able to hold him down but I think he will be able to put him down.

JIBBBY
04-17-2012, 12:49 PM
I think he could possibly catch Jones in a submission if it hits the mat... Rashad Evans Jitsu is very underrated and hardly ever seen.. The dude is a solid Brazilian Black Belt but yet we hardly if ever see him use it in the Octagon.

I'd love to see Rashad be able to take down Jones and catch him in something with bones's long limbs and or long neck hanging out there..

I'm not sure who I want to see win this fight? Maybe neither.. Not a fan of either personally at the moment but really like Jon Jones's fight game..

bboyferal
04-17-2012, 12:53 PM
It's a tall order, no pun intended. That would be his only chance... But then that sucks... His only chance is five rounds of beating the clock and squeezing a point ahead and stave off the reaper on his feet? That's very dangerous ground AND it requires him to be able to put Jones down, again, something you really believe he can do, but I just don't have that same faith... And MAYBE I see him getting away with that, visibly pissing Jones off (remember the Machida Jones first round), and then Jones surreally adjusting and adapting the very next round and making him eat knees, elbows, and feet until he starts playing with his opponent, as he likes to do sometimes...

I have a bad feeling about this for Rashad... Strictly grappling, Jones is more gifted and stronger despite having less MMA grappling experience... Rashad has very limited takedown repetoire, mainly limited to shoots and pick-ups... Jones, if he wants to take Rashad down, has demonstrated UNREAL pick ups from the clinch as well as amazing leg techniques, reaps, sweeps, and leg hooks, all uncannily timed with no need to power them out, which he can with the strength advantage if need be... Much more varied.

I'm excited to see the fight to see if you'll be right. Many people are giving Rashad a good chance... I don't know... I'm a non-believer right now, but it's exciting for me to watch Jones work, even when he wins one-sidedly.

bboyferal
04-17-2012, 01:01 PM
I think he could possibly catch Jones in a submission if it hits the mat... Rashad Evans Jitsu is very underrated and hardly ever seen.. The dude is a solid Brazilian Black Belt but yet we hardly if ever see him use it in the Octagon.

I'd love to see Rashad be able to take down Jones and catch him in something with bones's long limbs and or long neck hanging out there..

I'm not sure who I want to see win this fight? Maybe neither.. Not a fan of either personally at the moment but really like Jon Jones's fight game..

Rashad has never demonstrated any proficiency with joint locks or chokes from any grappling positions and has never won by submission.

His black belt in BJJ is honorary. IIRC, he has never taken a formal BJJ class in his life I'm pretty sure. That's not to say he can't grapple... Just that the belt is really honorary and doesn't reflect the submission and ground grappling abilities real, technically ranked BJJ black belts are capable of. His fight record and prior performances support this.

JIBBBY
04-17-2012, 01:03 PM
I think Rashad is a completely different fighter since leaving Jacksons. At Jacksons he either fought a standup fight or a wrestling match.

Not sure you can get any better leaving the so called best MMA training camp in the world with Jackson clan? Although, he certainly has a shown a few changes in his most recent fights though.

For Rashad's sake I hope you're right, I think he will have to show Jones new looks and different level changes now that you suggested that point.. A new bag of tricks so to speak..

Gotta pick Jones still to win this one... How can you not? I would never bet against an undefeated fighter, let alone one named Jon Jones..:judge:

thislswon
04-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Bboy, I agree that Jones has an edge in grappling. Not only because of his physical gifts and natural leverage but also because of his technique and fearlessness to try/attempt anything and everything.

I just think Rashad will be able to use speed and footwork to get in and get out. Jones is somewhat of a slow starter besides the Shogun fight. I look for Rashad to maybe steal the first round using effective movement and his speed.

Jones will adjust as you said but I feel if he becomes to overconfident Rashad will be waiting to time a perfectly placed takedown. I doubt he will be able to hold him down as Evans has less than stellar top control. I just think that if he manages to put Jones down early then that can play a huge factor mentally for the rest of the fight. I think Jones will be more trigger shy and Evans will have the confidence that Jones can be put on his back.

Don't get me wrong. I am still picking Jones here and more than likely in dominant fashion. I just have a strange feeling that Rashad 2.0 can steal a couple rounds if he uses his speed and movement to try and keep Jones somewhat on his heals.

Jones has never fought a "fast" fighter in his brief UFC stint. Shogun's speed has deteriorated tremendously, Bonnar is not fast at all, nor is Vladdy, Rampage just plods forward, etc. I know Machida has quick hands and great movement but I am talking pure speed. Evan's will have to use that speed to counter Jones physical advantages.

JIBBBY
04-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Rashad has never demonstrated any proficiency with joint locks or chokes from any grappling positions and has never won by submission.

His black belt in BJJ is honorary. IIRC, he has never taken a formal BJJ class in his life I'm pretty sure. That's not to say he can't grapple... Just that the belt is really honorary and doesn't reflect the submission and ground grappling abilities real, technically ranked BJJ black belts are capable of. His fight record and prior performances support this.

I know, I've read a few articles that say his BBJ is some what suspect..

Still Bboy, I find it very hard to believe Rolles Gracie and family are just giving out black belts to big name fighters in the UFC without much real merit and or worth behind it.. That would disgrace the Gracie name and Brazilians are a proud people as we all know..

We've never seen Rashad Evans come close to being submitted either, but you're right as we really haven't seen him try to use any Jitsu offensive in MMA thus far.. Does that mean he doesn't have the skills or does that mean he just would rather put people on the their back and try to beat them up with punches instead? Hmmm?

thislswon
04-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Not sure you can get any better leaving the so called best MMA training camp in the world with Jackson clan? Although, he certainly has a shown a few changes in his most recent fights though.

Well, not every fighter is meant for Jackson's. It has a great stable of fighters and a great coaching staff but to say Evan's can not improve more from leaving Jackson's is silly to me.

His fights as of late show that he has evolved and grown. Like I said his level changes, desire to finish, footwork, variety in striking, and even his overall physique seems to have gotten better since leaving New Mexico.

Evan's is a short LHW and was packing on a lot of muscle while fighting in that camp. Since leaving he has leaned out and looks much quicker/faster/explosive which only helps him IMO.

Also, we will agree to disagree on Jackson's being the best MMA camp. I believe there are a couple better camps out there and even more that have the level of fighters Greg has at his gym.

bboyferal
04-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Bboy, I agree that Jones has an edge in grappling. Not only because of his physical gifts and natural leverage but also because of his technique and fearlessness to try/attempt anything and everything.

I just think Rashad will be able to use speed and footwork to get in and get out. Jones is somewhat of a slow starter besides the Shogun fight. I look for Rashad to maybe steal the first round using effective movement and his speed.

Jones will adjust as you said but I feel if he becomes to overconfident Rashad will be waiting to time a perfectly placed takedown. I doubt he will be able to hold him down as Evans has less than stellar top control. I just think that if he manages to put Jones down early then that can play a huge factor mentally for the rest of the fight. I think Jones will be more trigger shy and Evans will have the confidence that Jones can be put on his back.

Don't get me wrong. I am still picking Jones here and more than likely in dominant fashion. I just have a strange feeling that Rashad 2.0 can steal a couple rounds if he uses his speed and movement to try and keep Jones somewhat on his heals.

Jones has never fought a "fast" fighter in his brief UFC stint. Shogun's speed has deteriorated tremendously, Bonnar is not fast at all, nor is Vladdy, Rampage just plods forward, etc. I know Machida has quick hands and great movement but I am talking pure speed. Evan's will have to use that speed to counter Jones physical advantages.

I agree that the scenario you described can happen, but the real question is can it happen for five rounds? It will be five rounds of trying to survive, much less win, maybe.

The Rashad that has fought thus far in the UFC is not that fighter. As you said, it will need to be Rashad 2.0. There really needs to be a new Rashad in there, because the old predictable Rampage was played with, Machida was figured out in one round, and this guy just figures people out FAST. Even the new Rashad can be figured out fast, and I know if this was a 3 round fight I'd give Rashad a MUCH greater chance.

I don't think the old Rashad is a much better contender than Machida or Rampage was. If Rashad is anything less than all-new-and-improved when he faces Jones, it will not be enough I think. :(

thislswon
04-17-2012, 01:21 PM
We've never seen Rashad Evans come close to being submitted either, but you're right as we really haven't seen him try to use any Jitsu offensive in MMA thus far..

Well, we also have never seen Rashad face a legitimate BJJ stud yet either. Rampage, Davis, Bisping, Ortiz, Liddell, Hoger etc. Machida is a brilliant grappler but that fight had no submission grappling.

Griffin is probably the best submission guy that he spent any real time at all with on the mat grappling.

thislswon
04-17-2012, 01:23 PM
I don't think the old Rashad is a much better contender than Machida or Rampage was. If Rashad is anything less than all-new-and-improved when he faces Jones, it will not be enough I think. :(

I agree 100% with that.

bboyferal
04-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Interesting interview referring to Jones's incredible standing grappling variation. He trains enough to throw anyone with a perfectly prescribed technique for whatever the situation calls. I mentioned that he uses a ton of legs with his throws (leg hooks, reaps, etc.), something Jones refers as his "Judo" set of techniques, displaying whichever set he needs to nullify any grappling attempt on him. He uses arm throws, hip throws, and leg throws. He basically covers, with precision technique, every kind of way to take a fighter down. By contrast, Rashad's standing grappling is hugely one-dimensional... Great wrestling vs great wrestling-PLUS with Rashad vs Jones here.

If Jones detects he will be taken down, he may just make Rashad fly around the Octagon just to put him on the mat instead.

He's got an insane skillset for throws and he knows it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cna4QAt8dko&feature=youtube_gdata_player

02Ls1Formula
04-17-2012, 01:39 PM

Rashad Evans hasnt had a submission win in 8 years. Let alone attempt one. With Jones being so long I highly doubt Evans will be able to come close to getting a sub...

Sometimes I wonder if you say shit just to be wrong.

bboyferal
04-17-2012, 02:17 PM
I know, I've read a few articles that say his BBJ is some what suspect..

Still Bboy, I find it very hard to believe Rolles Gracie and family are just giving out black belts to big name fighters in the UFC without much real merit and or worth behind it.. That would disgrace the Gracie name and Brazilians are a proud people as we all know..

We've never seen Rashad Evans come close to being submitted either, but you're right as we really haven't seen him try to use any Jitsu offensive in MMA thus far.. Does that mean he doesn't have the skills or does that mean he just would rather put people on the their back and try to beat them up with punches instead? Hmmm?

Trust me, there's no way I'm going to say that Rashad doesn't know ground grappling and submissions for MMA. That's fine, but that doesn't make him immediately and legitimately ranked in BJJ. It really does mean something, a great honor. However, the Gracies and several other BJJ sub-systems have been known to award a "rank" out of honor/achievement, such as by impressing your BJJ coach. This is not the same as years of doing BJJ in a BJJ class under BJJ rules and tapping out hundreds of BJJ classmates and opponents on the way up. They do a lot of honorary things with their belts, especially with MMA fighters that BJJ coaches coach. This is known for the BJJ world.

Actuallu, I've heard good things about Rashad's BJJ from Rhadi Furguson (Kimbo's brother), a REAL Judo black belt, former Judo Olympian, BJJ Black Belt, BJJ competitor, submission wrestling competitor, and Judo coach to many UFC and Strikeforce fighters. If he says Rashad has BJJ ability, then I believe him, but I understand that the rank is a result of an honorary conferral of some sort for MMA achievements, not from a BJJ career/testing. The fact is Rashad has no proficiency with submissions at this level, which is entirely essential in any BJJ curriculum.

Edit: Ha, funny you mentioned the Gracie's. I remember this fiasco a while back on bullshido.net where they started some online university thing. You watch videos online, film yourself, and send them the tapes (along with $$$). Then, they send you belts... Don't be too sure that the Gracies are all about honor.

And the belts don't mean shit. There's a yellow belt at my Judo club, that NO MATTER WHO he pins, no one can escape. It's crazy. He's the same size as the rest of us. Again, can Rashad tool people on the ground and submit people? Not really, no matter who thought he should be awarded a fake black belt that will never tie up a gi.

JIBBBY
04-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Rashad Evans hasnt had a submission win in 8 years. Let alone attempt one. With Jones being so long I highly doubt Evans will be able to come close to getting a sub...

Sometimes I wonder if you say shit just to be wrong.

I said that because Rashad Evans is a Brazilian black belt and perhaps a submission attempt might come as a new surprise to Jon Jones when fighting Rashad Evans..

Rashad better be new and improved because I'm sure Jon Jones got the better of Rashad Evans in training at Jackson..

It's a long shot I know and you are right to call me out on that post... Congrats you bastard!!!! :chug:

JIBBBY
04-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Trust me, there's no way I'm going to say that Rashad doesn't know ground grappling and submissions for MMA. That's fine, but that doesn't make him immediately and legitimately ranked in BJJ. It really does mean something, a great honor. However, the Gracies and several other BJJ sub-systems have been known to award a "rank" out of honor/achievement, such as by impressing your BJJ coach. This is not the same as years of doing BJJ in a BJJ class under BJJ rules and tapping out hundreds of BJJ classmates and opponents on the way up. They do a lot of honorary things with their belts, especially with MMA fighters that BJJ coaches coach. This is known for the BJJ world.

Actuallu, I've heard good things about Rashad's BJJ from Rhadi Furguson (Kimbo's brother), a REAL Judo black belt, former Judo Olympian, BJJ Black Belt, BJJ competitor, submission wrestling competitor, and Judo coach to many UFC and Strikeforce fighters. If he says Rashad has BJJ ability, then I believe him, but I understand that the rank is a result of an honorary conferral of some sort for MMA achievements, not from a BJJ career/testing. The fact is Rashad has no proficiency with submissions at this level, which is entirely essential in any BJJ curriculum.

Edit: Ha, funny you mentioned the Gracie's. I remember this fiasco a while back on bullshido.net where they started some online university thing. You watch videos online, film yourself, and send them the tapes (along with $$$). Then, they send you belts... Don't be too sure that the Gracies are all about honor.

And the belts don't mean shit. There's a yellow belt at my Judo club, that NO MATTER WHO he pins, no one can escape. It's crazy. He's the same size as the rest of us. Again, can Rashad tool people on the ground and submit people? Not really, no matter who thought he should be awarded a fake black belt that will never tie up a gi.

Interesting analysis of opinion on your part Bboy... Fair enough perhaps but I still say based on Rashads training vids and specials clearly showing Rashad Evans can roll and grapple off his back I'm thinking and reading otherwise.. I'd bet he's a legit Brazilian Black belt in Jitsu..

The reason I say this is you can tell Rashad Evans has work ethic and he wouldn't have the past credential that he has if he didn't.. I'm sure he didn't cut to many corners to receive that Gracie black belt.. Honorary or not...

I'd go as far to say he can roll and hang with the likes of a Jake Shields perhaps if I had to guess. Rashad is well rounded..

thislswon
04-17-2012, 07:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6OebIM4u2k&feature=player_embedded

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-17-2012, 07:04 PM
i still say rashad knows jones better than any opponent so far.

though, i think this could be a great fight or over very quickly. nothing in between here. i still think it goes the distance with jones winning and rashad not being embarrassed.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-17-2012, 07:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uwPYxSO2c8

JIBBBY
04-17-2012, 08:06 PM

though, i think this could be a great fight or over very quickly. nothing in between here. i still think it goes the distance with jones winning and rashad not being embarrassed.

I'm pretty much thinking the same if I had to guess how it's gonna go down.. However, with the reach of Jones and his crazy striking perhaps he might just tap that jaw of Rashads early out of anger and disrespect for Rashad..

One thing we know Jones usually comes to fight, so if anyone is too bring it and come forward it's most likely gonna be Jon Jones and not Rashad. As I said before I would love to see Rashad come forward scrap and clinch and show some crazy aggression and hatred....

tbag_skywalker
04-17-2012, 10:27 PM
This:

Rory is a beast. He is a very well rounded fighter with a lot of heart and a solid chin. He was mere seconds away from beating the reigning UFC interim champ. I think Rory is the future of that division. He has very good wrestling and a good all around ground game. Nice submissions and underrated GNP.

Rory Macdonald walked right through Mike Pyle and embarrassed Nate Diaz. I love watching this kid fight, would love to see him take on Kampmann or Ellenberger.

At the rate he's going, it probably won't be long till he gets a title shot.

As for Jones vs Evans, I agree with bboyferal, I think the fight gets stopped with Jones as the winner. I don't think Rashad will be able to stay one point of Jones for five rounds without getting TKO or KO'ed.

02Ls1Formula
04-18-2012, 08:06 AM

Im not sure if i agree 100% with that either. Yes, Jones and Rashad trained together....over a year ago! Jones has had 3 fights in that time, and has evolved in every one of them. Thats the insane thing about him. He is so young and still learning new skills, moves, technique..so on and so on. Rashad has also evolved! Hes had 2 fights since leaving Jacksons/Winklejohns camp. His first fight against Tito he looked great and I kinda got nervous about him and Jones fighting(even tho we all know Tito is way past his prime and had no business fighting Rashad) and then he fought Phil Davis. What a joke. If he comes out like he did against Phil Davis he will get beat. Quickly. Jones is far too long and lanky to let Rashad get inside distance on him. Machida tried it, and he was unsuccessful. Rampage tried it, and he was unsuccessful. As far as the ground goes, I would give Rashad the advantage ONLY because of his accomplishments. I believe Jones is on the same level, possibly even a step ahead, only because when Rashad gets someone down, I dont think he tries to advance position unlike Jones who tries to put his elbow next to his opponents brain stem. On a side note, did I mention I will be there for this fight??? Cant fucking wait!!!

02Ls1Formula
04-18-2012, 08:09 AM
I said that because Rashad Evans is a Brazilian black belt and perhaps a submission attempt might come as a new surprise to Jon Jones when fighting Rashad Evans..

Rashad better be new and improved because I'm sure Jon Jones got the better of Rashad Evans in training at Jackson..

It's a long shot I know and you are right to call me out on that post... Congrats you bastard!!!! :chug:

:usa::cheers:

sepsis
04-18-2012, 10:25 AM
I hope that the octagon gets sucked into a big sinkhole while they are fighting.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Im not sure if i agree 100% with that either. Yes, Jones and Rashad trained together....over a year ago! Jones has had 3 fights in that time, and has evolved in every one of them. Thats the insane thing about him. He is so young and still learning new skills, moves, technique..so on and so on. Rashad has also evolved! Hes had 2 fights since leaving Jacksons/Winklejohns camp. His first fight against Tito he looked great and I kinda got nervous about him and Jones fighting(even tho we all know Tito is way past his prime and had no business fighting Rashad) and then he fought Phil Davis. What a joke. If he comes out like he did against Phil Davis he will get beat. Quickly. Jones is far too long and lanky to let Rashad get inside distance on him. Machida tried it, and he was unsuccessful. Rampage tried it, and he was unsuccessful. As far as the ground goes, I would give Rashad the advantage ONLY because of his accomplishments. I believe Jones is on the same level, possibly even a step ahead, only because when Rashad gets someone down, I dont think he tries to advance position unlike Jones who tries to put his elbow next to his opponents brain stem. On a side note, did I mention I will be there for this fight??? Cant fucking wait!!!

still. having trained with someone for awhile youll know them better than past opponents.

i think jones wins but rashad will be his toughest fight yet.

02Ls1Formula
04-18-2012, 01:26 PM
still. having trained with someone for awhile youll know them better than past opponents.

i think jones wins but rashad will be his toughest fight yet.

I completely agree with this...

JIBBBY
04-18-2012, 06:54 PM
I hope that the octagon gets sucked into a big sinkhole while they are fighting.

Funny :jest: I wouldn't shed a tear for Rashad or Jon for that matter either.. Would miss watching Jon Jones fight though...

Yeah Rory MacDonald is a beast like one of you fools mentioned.. Mills should be a walk in the park for Rory..

Rory MacDonald is a 5-1 favorite going into this fight according the Vegas odds.. I thought the fight makers would put up a stiffer opponent for Rory... Not the case I see... UFC match makers are making him work thru the garbage I see for a while..

Vegas also has Rashad Evans as almost a 4-1 underdog going in.. That sounds about right to me though..

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-18-2012, 07:34 PM
things are heating up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NR80bOxtVU&NR=1&feature=endscreen

JIBBBY
04-18-2012, 08:52 PM
^^^ I like the humble Rashad Evans much more then the show boating sugar baby bitch Rashad Evans punk..

Jones perhaps is going to be just too much for Rashad, I'm starting to think Rashad might get smashed now....

I figure - If Rampage didn't rattle or faze Jones going in with his hate talk and threats then Rashad Evans ain't gonna rattle him either.. Jones will bring it and this I know... Good luck Rashad...

02Ls1Formula
04-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Funny :jest: I wouldn't shed a tear for Rashad or Jon for that matter either.. Would miss watching Jon Jones fight though...

Yeah Rory MacDonald is a beast like one of you fools mentioned.. Mills should be a walk in the park for Rory..

Rory MacDonald is a 5-1 favorite going into this fight according the Vegas odds.. I thought the fight makers would put up a stiffer opponent for Rory... Not the case I see... UFC match makers are making him work thru the garbage I see for a while..

Vegas also has Rashad Evans as almost a 4-1 underdog going in.. That sounds about right to me though..

Che Mills actually requested this fight from what I understand..I do agree that as long as Rory isnt underestimating Mills it should be an easy fight...I still cant believe Griggs/Browne isnt on the fucking main card. Bunch of damn Canadians.

JIBBBY
04-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Che Mills actually requested this fight from what I understand..I do agree that as long as Rory isnt underestimating Mills it should be an easy fight...I still cant believe Griggs/Browne isnt on the fucking main card. Bunch of damn Canadians.

Griggs/Browne isn't ever gonna be a bigger draw then Jones/Evans.. It's not a sport it's a business..

Both Griggs and Browne haven't been losing fights and haven't been KO'd either.. That to me says this is going to be a great fight. Someone is going down in this one though..:bomb:

02Ls1Formula
04-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Griggs/Browne isn't ever gonna be a bigger draw then Jones/Evans.. It's not a sport it's a business..

Both Griggs and Browne haven't been losing fights and haven't been KO'd either.. That to me says this is going to be a great fight. Someone is going down in this one though..:bomb:

It would never be a main event but still deserves to be on the main card...a hell of a lot more then some of the fights that are...since this card was originally supposed to be in Canada there are several canadian fighters that are on the main card that shouldnt be.

thislswon
04-19-2012, 02:59 PM
If any fight deserves to be on the main card it is Torres/Mcdonald. That being said they have potentially exciting fights on the prelims purposely. It is to try and entice viewers to purchase the card. It is smart business.

JIBBBY
04-19-2012, 05:03 PM
^^^ I think both of those fights that you guys are talking about should be loaded with fireworks...

I have a feeling Torres could get KO'd in this fight the more I read and look into it.. This fight is an even pic em in Vegas.. Even the Vegas odds makers don't know who will win this fight... I'm not touching this fight as I'm thinking anyone can win it going in..

This is one UFC I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing.. SIKED!!!!

Hell, I'm even good to see Big Ben Rothwell duke it out and get busted up by Brendan Schaub...

JIBBBY
04-19-2012, 05:08 PM
It would never be a main event but still deserves to be on the main card..

I absolutely agree with ya...

I thought you were saying this should be the main event draw.. I was like that's not ever gonna happen..

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-19-2012, 07:17 PM
im a fan of griggs since he beat lashley. i just like underdog fighters that have heart and overcome to win and succeed. i like travis browne too though. i think he can be factor in the HW division.

im also a fan of mike russow. hes not always exciting but also has a ton of heart. i appreciate the fact that griggs and russow are both public servants and still find time to train for MMA.

JIBBBY
04-19-2012, 09:14 PM
^^ I'll be pulling for Travis Brown Ulti..

I think he will win the fight standing too if he doesn't gas out first.. Gonna be hard to make Travis's O go....

Also undefeated fighters are hard to bet against and I won't do it... My thinking anyways.. Taller and bigger too is Travis Brown.. Does he hit harder then Griggs not sure?

02Ls1Formula
04-20-2012, 07:19 AM

I think he will win the fight standing too if he doesn't gas out first.. Gonna be hard to make Travis's O go....

Also undefeated fighters are hard to bet against and I won't do it... My thinking anyways.. Taller and bigger too is Travis Brown.. Does he hit harder then Griggs not sure?

I like the chops of Griggs, but Browne I think has this one in the bag...Griggs does hit hard, but Browne has an iron chin. I expect this one to end in the first via KO...Ill take pictures for everyone!!!

JIBBBY
04-20-2012, 09:56 AM
I like the chops of Griggs, but Browne I think has this one in the bag...Griggs does hit hard, but Browne has an iron chin. I expect this one to end in the first via KO...Ill take pictures for everyone!!!

How are your seats? Bleeds or up close? How much per ticket?

Should be an awesome live UFC event to attend.. Enjoy man!!!!!

bboyferal
04-20-2012, 10:17 AM

Wow, have fun dude! :chug:

neeshSS
04-20-2012, 10:24 AM
I will be there as well! My first event, I have Jones by sub in the 3rd I think, I can't remember, too excited about the whole thing right now. I wish I could make it to the weigh-ins but I'm stuck in South GA today.

thislswon
04-20-2012, 11:39 AM
I will be there as well! My first event, I have Jones by sub in the 3rd I think, I can't remember, too excited about the whole thing right now. I wish I could make it to the weigh-ins but I'm stuck in South GA today.

Have fun man. I have been to 3 ufc events and a Bellator event. The atmosphere is crazy but its weird not hearing commentary though. They sell fm radio headphones to heat it thoigh for like 15 bucks.

Wait till right before the maincard starts and they play the montage with teenage wasteland playing. Gives ya chills.....

bboyferal
04-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Have fun man. I have been to 3 ufc events and a Bellator event. The atmosphere is crazy but its weird not hearing commentary though. They sell fm radio headphones to heat it thoigh for like 15 bucks.

Wait till right before the maincard starts and they play the montage with teenage wasteland playing. Gives ya chills.....

Bastards.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-20-2012, 03:03 PM

brownes KO of struve was impressive. i dont think griggs would get caught like that though i think these two will go for it.

JIBBBY
04-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Bastards.

Yep, never been to a live UFC pay per view event either myself.. Bastards indeed!!!!:chug:

I will make it too one soon though, had a chance last time I was in Vegas years ago, and I'm sure one will pop up at the Staples Center soon.. I be on it..

Weigh ins tonight or on right now!!!!! This is all I got.. Both men were boo'd as they addressed the crowd.. I guess both Rashad and Jon are not fan favorites anymore.. I guess my thinking many share!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/jon-jones-rashad-evans-official-ufc-145-weigh-205905928.html;_ylt=Ak0.B.hyxFTbZo7sqJzkuJA5nYcB

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-20-2012, 05:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t_IK2_7mhw

JIBBBY
04-20-2012, 08:09 PM
Bellator has it going on tonight on MTV2

Eddie Alvarez vs Shinya Aoki. The rematch..

Loving this Bellator card tonight really!!!!

HOTROD98Z
04-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Can't wait for this fight, Rashad looked like he was ready to go at the weigh in's. I don't really care who wins i just want to see a great fight.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-20-2012, 09:23 PM
i really see FOTY coming with these two. i think its going top be a great battle and both fighters will be respected more when its over.

HOTROD98Z
04-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Bellator has it going on tonight on MTV2

Eddie Alvarez vs Shinya Aoki. The rematch..

Loving this Bellator card tonight really!!!!
Yep, pretty good fights tonight

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 02:47 AM
Yep, pretty good fights tonight

Aoki got dropped.. He's is either gonna submit or get knocked out..He got knocked out...

Love Bellator, always a good show!!!!

1996firebirdformula
04-21-2012, 08:44 AM
UFC 145 and Thunder Over Louisville Today!

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Overeem out... Frank Mir in..

UFC 146 Frank Mir fights Junior Dos Santos now.. Franks gonna get dropped in that one..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/frank-mir-now-face-junior-dos-santos-belt-035709728.html;_ylt=Av2MQ0tAB.OqHeomT0JLrVM5nYcB

99Custom
04-21-2012, 01:00 PM
So excited for this card tonight..

Jones is a beast...But Evans is no Chump...I have Jones by UD..

I love Rory Mac...Future Champ right there...I actually feel ad for Che Mills because he is a great striker, but the dude is getting but on his back an beat down...

Schaub all day...Rothwell is over the hill

Torres is sick on the ground and has long lanky arms...But McDonald is a great fighter...So it will be a good one..

I'm really looking forward to Griggs v. Browne...I want to see if Browne has made the next step...

BTW...Great job last Night By Eddie Alvarez... Thank you for knocking Aoki out of the top #155 rankings..FINALLY!!!!!

99Custom
04-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Overeem out... Frank Mir in..

UFC 146 Frank Mir fights Junior Dos Santos now.. Franks gonna get dropped in that one..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/frank-mir-now-face-junior-dos-santos-belt-035709728.html;_ylt=Av2MQ0tAB.OqHeomT0JLrVM5nYcB

Yeah that's such a bad matchup for Frank...There is no one in the UFC HW division that can actually stand and trade with JDS IMO...

I was really looking forward to Reem V JDS and Cain V Mir

F U REEM!!!!

BrntWS6
04-21-2012, 01:45 PM
I gotta get my main even prediction in. I think Jones is gonna make Rashad look like his bitch....that is all.

skimms98
04-21-2012, 02:22 PM
I H O P E I see Jones get put on his ass. I really, really do. I don't like him and that has no real bearing on anything but I'm just putting it out there. I've been a Rashad fan since TUF and truly believe he has a shot at it. Look at all the other shockers we have seen over time. When someone is all big headed and looking past somebody, they get " Matt Serra'd"

Just sayin...it's possible and I'm hoping for it.

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Prelims are on FXHD channel 248 on my Directv guide

Prelims start 2 hours before the Pay Per View event starts.. It's 2 hours long and in HD too!!!!! Stoked as the prelim fights are going to rock!!!!:usa:

NOTE - My upset pic for the night is John Alessio winning as he is a 3-1 underdog going in against Mark Bocek.. I haven't seen John fight in a while but I always thought he was a real physical talent when dedicated and he does have the tools to beat almost anyone when his head is screwed on right.. Mark Bocek is no joke though and a talent himself but I got a feeling John may have enough tools to surprise the MMA world with a massive UFC upset win.. This win would also put John back on the map in the UFC..

We will see though????.... I put 30 bucks on John to win 85 just for thrills and spills..... My big money is on Jon Jones though :chug:

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Danzing looked pretty good against Efrin... Matt Beat Efrin up for all three rounds.. Matt has 0 body fat, and it just amazes me that every Mexican fighter I see in general is never ripped because Mexican food is fattening and they just can't say no..

Anyone watching?

TonesMaro99
04-21-2012, 07:53 PM
anyway i can stream it while im at work? smh

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 07:58 PM
anyway i can stream it while im at work? smh

Yeah, but don't post or share streams.. They get shut down when they go really public..

AznMuscle
04-21-2012, 08:14 PM
I sent Jibby a pm, but if anyone else has a link for the fights, hook a broke Asian brotha up?

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Jibby is trying to watch the fights chill people.. I don't know any links... Search google - UFC streaming.. You may land something.. Don't ever pay as they just re-direct you to a free website..

Matt Brown is starting to dominate!!!

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 08:21 PM
that guy got cut the fuck open.

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Matt Brown is really going to bust him up on the ground this round..

AznMuscle
04-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Jibby couldn't help, so gotta hit the bar :bang:

But watching prelims on tv, and damn this fight is a war. Brown at the end of the 2nd was tired, but came the fuck back.

heymoej
04-21-2012, 08:32 PM
damn..........immortal kicked some bloody asssss.

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 08:34 PM
:corn:Griggs vs Browne next up!!!!

The big boys will be banging...

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 08:38 PM
travis is a giant compared to the grave digger but i bet he still hangs tough. both of these guys bust their asses and want this bad.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 08:39 PM
shit, griggs put on some size since strikeforce.

AznMuscle
04-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Gotta go for Grave Digger! AZ rep.

AznMuscle
04-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Nice flying knee to clinch, then take down! Fuck, Browne starting strong.

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Browne blew right thru Griggs... Bigger guy won and didn't gas out in the 1st... Impressive.. My pick..

AznMuscle
Damn, that was slick, fast, and skillful.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
damn, browne stomped some ass!

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 08:44 PM
damn, browne stomped some ass!

Yep Ulti, I think Browne is ready for the big boys in the UFC.. He has submissions now.. I don't see anyone blowing thru this man, not even JDS.. He's tall and has reach too.. Still undefeated..

heymoej
04-21-2012, 08:45 PM
short & sweet.........

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Yep Ulti, I think Browne is ready for the big boys in the UFC.. He has submissions now.. I don't see anyone blowing thru this man, not even JDS.. He's tall and has reach too.. Still undefeated..

hes fast and powerful. very dangerous but i want to see how he reacts when hes on his back against a top level grappler.

hes exciting to watch no doubt.

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 08:55 PM
hes fast and powerful. very dangerous but i want to see how he reacts when hes on his back against a top level grappler.

hes exciting to watch no doubt.

He grappled tonight.. He's learning and still pulling off the offensive sub.. Defensive anti Jitsu is easier to learn.. Just saying....

I think he's getting there for sure..

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 08:56 PM
dip shits put karyn brown instead of bryant on TV unless her name changed.

either way id bang her.

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Damn Dana White is turning red, is he lit? :chug:

Ok stream time... Hope the shit holds.. Later...

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 08:58 PM
He grappled tonight.. He's learning and still pulling off the offensive sub.. Defensive anti Jitsu is easier to learn.. Just saying....

I think he's getting there for sure..

yes but id like to see how hed handle a frank mir or werdum from his back.

his body type i see being a problem for anyone though because hes so fast and powerful. he for sure is going to get a title shot someday.

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Link 3 ESPN HD

heymoej
04-21-2012, 09:10 PM
gotta go with bocek.......

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 09:17 PM
damn, GSP working someones corner?

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 09:17 PM
John is rusty...It's showing on the ground.. It's not over yet.. I was thinking John can keep the fight standing and it appears I was wrong...

John is getting beat up...Could be over soon... Round 2...

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 09:23 PM
KNOCK THIS MOFO OUT LOL. great advice.

4SFEDZ
04-21-2012, 09:29 PM
anyone streamin it?

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 09:30 PM
5 rounds John would have won... Lost 30 :(

SOB... It's all about Bones Jones... Sugar Evans is too cocky and too ghetto... Jones is more humble and should be the better fighter..

They both can kiss my ass, but got Jones so go Bones.....

heymoej
04-21-2012, 09:31 PM

he was a gamer........

AznMuscle
04-21-2012, 09:31 PM
KNOCK THIS MOFO OUT LOL. great advice.

I, and a lot at the bar, lol'd hard at that.

heymoej
04-21-2012, 09:33 PM
gotta go with hommnik

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 09:38 PM

SOB... It's all about Bones Jones... Sugar Evans is too cocky and too ghetto... Jones is more humble and should be the better fighter..

They both can kiss my ass, but got Jones so go Bones.....

rashad gained alot of my respect when he busted his ass on TUF 10. alot of those guys from his team are still in the UFC. i like his approach and attitude. hes come a long way since he started yrs ago.

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Hom is winning on accurate punching.. But can't take the power and is getting dropped and busted up... Still a fight though.. Round 3 coming up..

Like Hom now in the 3rd... Could get the KO but Hom has no power.. He's all skill with no real power.. That boxing skill will still win you fights even with no KO power....

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 09:52 PM
a draw wouldnt surprise me here. hominick hung tough and came back.

heymoej
04-21-2012, 09:53 PM
wow......

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Wow, could be a robbery... Hom loses... He did get dropped hard twice though.. I would have gave that fight to Hom if I were a judge.

Great fight coming up next... Miguel Torres is my pick..

heymoej
04-21-2012, 09:54 PM
gotta go with mcdonald....

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 09:59 PM
explosive KO. nicely done.

heymoej
04-21-2012, 09:59 PM
hes out.........

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 10:00 PM
gotta go with mcdonald....

You are correct...I though Torres would win on the ground, but thought he could get KO'd... Mcdonald can bang...

Damn I'm mush tonight.. :bomb:

If Jones doesn't win, Moderator take away my Guru title please!!! Take me back to Village Idiot :)

That was a rude KO...Poor Torres!!!

AznMuscle
04-21-2012, 10:03 PM
WOW! McDonald. Holy shit.

heymoej
04-21-2012, 10:03 PM
a draw wouldnt surprise me here. hominick hung tough and came back.

yeah.we needed another round.........

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 10:04 PM
is it still 5-6 to 1 odds for jones to win? if so thats way too high i think.

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 10:05 PM
I got Brenden Shaub... Let's see if I can get one right.. Big Ben is in shape though...

JIBBBY
is it still 5-6 to 1 odds for jones to win? if so thats way too high i think.

I got it at 4-1... Don't know Ulti...

heymoej
gotta go with schaub........

i have never seen big ben look better,physic wise.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 10:06 PM
i think schaub is a dick lol but i see rothwell going to sleep quickly though i want him to win.

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 10:10 PM
i think schaub is a dick lol but i see rothwell going to sleep quickly though i want him to win.

I don't know Ben is coming in ripped.. Never seen him like this.. I am now like this could be anyones fight.. Brenden has been KO'd before.. Ben has a chin.. I'm counting on the speed advantage going into this one.. I usually bank on chin and cardio. Who frigg'n knows?

Let's see what happens?

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 10:11 PM
I don't know Ben is coming in ripped.. Never seen him like this.. I am now like this could be anyones fight.. Brenden has been KO'd before.. Ben has a chin..

Let's see what happens?

big ben needs to use his size advantage and get schaub on his back. if not hes goes out i think.

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Chin, power and size usually wins in the HW division and add cardio look out!!!!. I need to remember that.... Go BIG BEN... WOW..

Tanked that fight again.. Happy for Ben.. He looked good going in..

Jon Jones better win or I retire..

BrntWS6
04-21-2012, 10:15 PM
aahhhh....damn pop-ups.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 10:16 PM
you called that JIBBBY. ben had a better chin and that was the difference. schaub was rocking him but he got caught.

heymoej
04-21-2012, 10:16 PM
punchers chance..........8 out of 10 schaub wins.

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 10:17 PM
you called that JIBBBY. ben had a better chin and that was the difference. schaub was rocking him but he got caught.

I didn't call shit, I picked Shaub by speed..... 0-3 on the night as far as I'm concerned..

Bones Jones is my big money bet and with that win I will break even on the night.. Hey but I've been saying this will be Jones's toughest fight yet.. We will see..

Thanks though for the vote of confidence Ulti..

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Chin, power and size usually wins in the HW division and add cardio look out!!!!. I need to remember that.... Go BIG BEN... WOW..

Tanked that fight again.. Happy for Ben.. He looked good going in..

Jon Jones better win or I retire..

i agree to a point. JDS isnt the biggest HW and hes wrecking people. hes quick, technical and powerful but hes also smart. thats what makes a champion in any division.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 10:22 PM
I didn't call shit, I picked Shaub by speed..... 0-3 on the night as far as I'm concerned..

Bones Jones is my big money bet and with that win I will break even on the night.. Hey but I've been saying this will be Jones's toughest fight yet.. We will see..

Thanks though for the vote of confidence Ulti..

:jest: you shouldve changed your bet guru. :lol:

heymoej
04-21-2012, 10:23 PM
gotta go with r macdonald.........

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 10:28 PM
punchers chance..........8 out of 10 schaub wins.

you make a good point. any time two fighters just start throwing and thats any weight class not just HW anything can happen.

great post fight interview by rothwell. i always thought he was a good guy.

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 10:29 PM
gotta go with r macdonald.........

Dude you're on fire... I agree!!!! Hope I don't mush you...:chug:

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 10:37 PM
that first rd was a total asskicking. face swollen and busted up.

AznMuscle
04-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Mcdonald has done some fucking damage already. I don't see this lasting much longer.

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 10:40 PM
OMG Rory is a beast!!! Someones going to the ER tonight... Check for brain damage as that was a beating.. 1-3 now and coming on ;)

GSP says he's a stud I gotta believe..

Rory didn't get a scratch on his face... WOW...

AznMuscle
04-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Well at least I was right there. Didn't last too much longer after the 1st :lol:

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Rory is humble guy and I like him!!!!! I'm on the Rory band wagon at this point forward..

AznMuscle
04-21-2012, 10:44 PM
you make a good point. any time two fighters just start throwing and thats any weight class not just HW anything can happen.

great post fight interview by rothwell. i always thought he was a good guy.

You know, back when I first saw him, around the time Cain beat his ass.....I just didn't like the guy. After today, that changed. How he trained and changed himself, how he spoke after the interview, I liked it. Very humble after the fight, minus the "You come swinging with me, you will probably go down" bit :jest:

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 10:45 PM
main event coming up!!! I hope Rashad doesn't run like a bitch...:zzz:

AznMuscle
04-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Rory is humble guy and I like him!!!!! I'm on the Rory band wagon at this point forward..

I'm down with this. I never really thought much of McDonald, but after tonight, and how he acted after that total domination of a fight...I like this kid. I really want to see what is in store for him in the future.

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Rashad is too short and he should get picked apart from the outside.. Jones striking is really dynamic.. If not he can wrestle like no one else.. He bitch thru many elete MMA wrestlers... The Matt Hamill rag doll fight was sick...

Stephen Bonnar on INSIDE MMA said the dude is a beast..

heymoej
04-21-2012, 10:50 PM
main event coming up!!!

tough pick.......

my common sence says pick bones jones.......

but my brain says sugar tits is gonna win.

so i gotta go with rashad. :chug:

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 10:52 PM
joe rogan said rashad is quicker than jones. im not sure i agree.

jon jones has no noticeable weaknesses. rashad isnt slow but jones is just a freakish, gifted fighter and athlete.

AznMuscle
04-21-2012, 10:53 PM
I will give the wrestling advantage to Rashad (hate to admit it), but everything else, heart, striking, everything, to, Jones.

IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE!!!!! hell of a intro song for Rashad. Props for that seriously.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 10:54 PM
tough pick.......

my common sence says pick bones jones.......

but my brain says sugar tits is gonna win.

so i gotta go with rashad. :chug:

not a ridiculous prediction. rashad is a very good fighter. i might even say underrated.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 10:57 PM
i think rashad can get jones down. but can he keep him there? i think jones will give rashad difficulties from top position.

heymoej
04-21-2012, 11:00 PM
joe rogan said rashad is quicker than jones. im not sure i agree.

jon jones has no noticeable weaknesses. rashad isnt slow but jones is just a freakish, gifted fighter and athlete.

i think joe likes to hear him self talk......

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 11:02 PM
shit, major reach advantage for jones. i shouldnt be surprised. he probably has the longest reach in MMA.

AznMuscle
04-21-2012, 11:02 PM
not a ridiculous prediction. rashad is a very good fighter. i might even say underrated.

I'll say his striking is over rated. Knocked out Chuck, good knock out. Didn't really want to stand with Rampage or even with Thiago Silva. Took both them down a lot, didn't want to bang, and Silva was pulling a A. Silva with droping his hands and dodging strikes even.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 11:11 PM
I'll say his striking is over rated. Knocked out Chuck, good knock out. Didn't really want to stand with Rampage or even with Thiago Silva. Took both them down a lot, didn't want to bang, and Silva was pulling a A. Silva with droping his hands and dodging strikes even.

he kicked the shit out of tito and forrest griffin.

good first rd. things are just starting to get going.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 11:17 PM
jones is slowly picking rashad apart. hes just so hard to land anything on or get control of.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 11:23 PM
both fighters showing respect. i have jones up 3-0.

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Rashad has no chance.. No aggression as usual.. Jones up 4-0

JIBBBY
04-21-2012, 11:36 PM
That was easy... Never ever bet against Jon BONES Jones!!!!

Love to see him match up against Anderson Silva... Now that would be fireworks!!!

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 11:36 PM
total domination by JJ. who is next? dan henderson? :bomb:

bboyferal
04-21-2012, 11:40 PM
As I said, Rashad's wrestling was zero threat to Jones the few times Rashad tried, and Jones did toss Rashad one time just to prove he could put him down and let him get back up. Rashad's wrestling is nowhere near Jones's stand up grappling.

I give Rashad credit for not getting knocked out on the feet!

Is there anyone left for this guy?

AznMuscle
04-21-2012, 11:43 PM
I was expecting some takedowns by Rashad...I was wrong. John had the right game plan, out struck the shit out of Rashad, that was it, game over. I want to see a catch weight between AS and Jones, just to see which titan can take out the other.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 11:48 PM
AS is fighting chael sonnen next.

i expect jones to move up to HW at some point.

i would like to wanderlei fight jones. it would be exciting till jones knocks him unconscious lol.

-Ross-
04-21-2012, 11:49 PM
So, Tank Abbot won?

thislswon
04-21-2012, 11:51 PM
5-4 on the night. Horrible night for me. Only loss that bothers me was MIguel. Really wanted Torres to get a W but Mcdonald is a beast with a ton of power and a huge upside. I could see him being a very legit threat to Cruz with his speed and power.

Rory is the future of the WW division. Che is a tough and dangerous fighter despite people not recognizing it and he sliced through him like butter. Che was a cage rage champion and a Bamma champ and Rory beat him senseless at 22 years old.

Jones is as close to unbeatable in this sport as it gets. Him and Jose Aldo are the 2 most dominant champs in the sport IMO.

I say Gustafsson will put up the best fight against Jones due to the the reach issue and his incredibly crisp striking. He trains with Phil Davis and has solid TDD. I know that means nothing against Jones but to me that is the best fight for Jones in that division.

You can never count out Henderson but the reach disadvantage and Henderson's telegraphed one dimensional striking will look like Rampage/Jones and Evans/Jones.

It is going to take another long rangey fighter with solid striking and power to give him any problems.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-21-2012, 11:57 PM
you really think jones and aldo are more dominant than GSP and AS have been?

i mean no doubt they might end up being the best ever in their weight classes but the above mentioned arent too bad themselves.

HOTROD98Z
04-22-2012, 12:00 AM
I agree, i think a Gustafsson/Jones fight could be very interesting. I know it's been said Henderson will get the next crack at Jones but i really don't see this as much of a fight. As said earlier the Immortal Technique intro for suga was badass.

thislswon
04-22-2012, 12:18 AM
you really think jones and aldo are more dominant than GSP and AS have been?

i mean no doubt they might end up being the best ever in their weight classes but the above mentioned arent too bad themselves.

Yes, I do. I look at more than just wins. I look at age, overall skill set, finishes, etc.

GSP is a coaster. He is a phenomenal fighter and dominant champ but his lack of urgency to finish fights is what kills it for me. People can disagree and that is fine but for me the urgency to finish is more important than the finish itself. GSP jabbed a half blind Koscheck for 5 rounds and was outstruck for arguably 2 rounds against Shields. He said himself that he did not want to break Hardy's arm so he let him survive on the ground for 5 rounds. It took Lytle all of 15 seconds to submit Hardy on the ground.

As I said, everyone has different opinions but I find the way Jones and Aldo win their fights to be much more impressive and they are both still very young.

As for Silva he is the most dominant champ to date but he recently lost 24-25 minutes against Chael. He has had very subpar performance against Maia, Leites, Cote. He should have destroyed all 3 of those fighters. He is now 37 years old and I believe Chael will beat him in the rematch.

So, once again yes I do. Aldo is 21-1 at 25 years old with 15-21 wins via stoppage. He has only lost one round in his last 11-12 fights. Silva himself said that he is the best striker in the sport and if Aldo fought at 185 he would not want to fight him.

Jones is on a streak of wins that is arguably better than anyone in MMA history as far as level of competition. Shogun is the only one that comes close or maybe even beats his. Bader, Rua, Rampage, Machida, and Evans. He has beat 4 UFC champs and the last 3 UFC champs before him in order. He is winning with submissions, and TKO's and looking invincible.

GSP has not finished a fighter in 4 years. He is arguably the most skillful fighter in MMA history but he has the ferocity of a poodle. He is so scared of losing a fight that he refuses to put himself in a bad position. That is very frustrating for fans that remember the pre Matt Serra/Greg Jackson GSP. The one who was ferocious and exciting and used his full skillset in every fight. He would outwrestle the wrestlers and outstrike the striker.

Just my .02

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-22-2012, 12:22 AM
fair enough. good points.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-22-2012, 01:08 AM
ill put junior in that domination category also.

JIBBBY
04-22-2012, 02:54 AM
Fighters dominate at their peeks.. Jones is young and dominating early on and often.. This is a scary thought to consider!!! GSP got beat by Sera but is along those same lines..

What better match up would there be between Jon Jones and AS at a catch weight.. If AS moves up in weight he gets used though at his age... It better be a catch weight if it ever happens..

I'm sure Dana White is thinking this right now... Watch!!!! Chael Sonnen won't beat AS the second time around either.. Silva will know and prepare better for Sonnen..

JDS is awesome but he hasn't dominated long enough to win my full respect... He's a small Heavy Weight too... He'll get dropped soon and maybe by Browne or even big Ben for that matter.... A fighter with good stand up and a really good chin will beat him..

NHRATA01
04-22-2012, 06:43 AM
Did Aldo only lose 1 round to Hematoma Hominick? That was an awful close fight when I was watching it. It's hard to discount GSP but yes, he is a boring fighter going back to at least Hardy. Silva just doesn't seem to have anyone who can give him a decent challenge.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Fighters dominate at their peeks.. Jones is young and dominating early on and often.. This is a scary thought to consider!!! GSP got beat by Sera but is along those same lines..

What better match up would there be between Jon Jones and AS at a catch weight.. If AS moves up in weight he gets used though at his age... It better be a catch weight if it ever happens..

I'm sure Dana White is thinking this right now... Watch!!!! Chael Sonnen won't beat AS the second time around either.. Silva will know and prepare better for Sonnen..

JDS is awesome but he hasn't dominated long enough to win my full respect... He's a small Heavy Weight too... He'll get dropped soon and maybe by Browne or even big Ben for that matter.... A fighter with good stand up and a really good chin will beat him..

nelson and carwin have good chins and power and were beat on for three rds. rothwell would get picked apart by JDS. i also dont think travis browne is ready for him right now.

maybe josh barnett can beat JDS but he is so hard to take down i wouldnt bet on it.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-22-2012, 08:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GARqvOpm5c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khwKjeIQEak

thislswon
04-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Forget Hendo bring on this man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzChrmZkjtY&feature=player_embedded#!

bboyferal
04-22-2012, 12:49 PM
I agree but I worry what might happen if Jones says enough's enough and clinches him and puts him down.

I really don't want to see Hendo fight Jones... At this point, it would be a slaughter not entertaining in the least I think.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-22-2012, 01:05 PM
one thing dan will do is come to fight. hes just overmatched.

http://www.mmamadman.com/2012/04/ufc-145-bonuses-jones-vs-evans-65k.html

JIBBBY
04-22-2012, 04:40 PM
maybe josh barnett can beat JDS but he is so hard to take down i wouldnt bet on it.

Don't see Josh Barnett being able to stand with JDS for more then a round before getting KTFO... Josh doesn't have the granite chin and won't be able to take JDS down and or hold him there.. You are right about that...

BIG BEN ROTH - Not so sure big Ben would get picked apart by JDS right now, Ben looked better then ever physically and is a huge heavy weight with big punching power and a GRANITE chin.. That strength, size and reach might bother JDS.. Might just really tap that untested jaw of JDS..

Travis Browne Yes still a bit raw but showed he can handle himself a bit on the ground... The dude again can bang, has size, can take a punch and is undefeated.. Scary for JDS no matter how you look at it..

You want to beat Browne and Big Ben you take them down and submit and or pound on them from top position is my thinking, but JDS doesn't play those ground games..

I give both Browne and Big Ben a chance against JDS right now.. It's about the matchups.. My thinking anyways..

In conclusion - I was really surprised to see Big Ben come into that fight in that kinda of lean shape he is in.. The dude is a veteran of MMA now and this could be his time to shine.

Roy Nelson got worked over by JDS because he's smaller and shorter, fat and gassed early and could not use a reach advantage or his size or weight against JDS effectively.. Roy has the chin though and took his beating like a man.. Granite chin in the HW division is everything... Has JDS ever been really tested in that department?

Fat Roy was not a good matchup with JDS... Bottom line...:judge:

JIBBBY
04-22-2012, 04:55 PM
I really don't want to see Hendo fight Jones... At this point, it would be a slaughter not entertaining in the least I think.

Yep, AS picked Hendo apart standing, Rampage out wrestled Hendo and put him on his back the entire fight.. No reason to think Jones would impose his will, youth and talents to out class Hendo in every aspect of MMA..

I too think it would be a slaughter... Hendo ain't getting any younger either...

JIBBBY
04-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Forget Hendo bring on this man!

Relax on the Mauler thislswon!!!.

Jones would put him on his back and beat him like a drum... Might kick his ass standing too for that matter... I don't see G. testing Jones.. I don't see anyone testing Jones right now for that matter.. Dude is on fire..

thislswon
04-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Relax on the Mauler thislswon!!!.

Jones would put him on his back and beat him like a drum... Might kick his ass standing too for that matter... I don't see G. testing Jones.. I don't see anyone testing Jones right now for that matter.. Dude is on fire..

Find a better option in that division! I will be waiting....

In the meantime I will present my case for Alexander. Gustafsson is a long rangey fighter with arguably the best hands at 205. His wrestling has came along exponentially since training with Davis. I know Jones would still have a grappling advantage over him but it is quite apparent he is going to posses that advantage over every fighter at 205. He has a lot of power and is a born finisher. His striking resembled Jones/Silva against Thiago. I say in another fight or 2 he will be ready for Jones. Maybe not to beat him but to challenge him. He truly is the only hope left at 205.

Present me a better case for another fighter at 205.

JIBBBY
04-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Find a better option in that division! I will be waiting....

The 205 division blows, like i said there is no one that can challenge Jones in the 205 division and that is why I was thinking AS.. AS is good off his back and I'm sure it is getting harder for him to make 185 as he is older now.. Maybe Chael Sonnen too as he may out wrestle Jones..

I got Alexander G. ranked high too but I still don't think he can take Jones.. Jones is gonna be champ for a while now..

http://www.mmaplayground.com/top-10-mma-fighters.aspx?Display=LHW

thislswon
04-22-2012, 05:37 PM
The 205 division blows, like i said there is no one that can challenge Jones in the 205 division and that is why I was think AS.. AS is good off his back and I'm sure it is getting harder for him to make 185 as he is older now..

I got Alexander G. ranked high to but I still don't think he can take Jones.. Jones is gonna be champ for a while now..

http://www.mmaplayground.com/top-10-mma-fighters.aspx?Display=LHW

Jones said himself he has no desire to fight Silva and Silva himself said that nobody outside of HW can beat him. So they won't be fighting.

So, instead of creating fantasy matchups and saying arguably the most stacked division in the UFC and sport of MMA "blows" why don't you present me a fighter that matches up better with Jones at 205 than Gustafsson. I will be waiting....

Or do you just thing they should dissolve the LHW division because of your opinion? The fact is even if he is the best fighter in that division and as close to as invincible as it gets he still has to fight and defend his belt and Gustafsson has the striking and cardio to do it. He has power and will be at a less of a reach advantage then Jones' previous opponents.

JIBBBY
04-22-2012, 05:42 PM
HOW ABOUT CHAEL SONNEN AGAINST JON JONES? That could be fun no? It's the 185's that may battle Jones.. Not the 205ers...

Gustaf won't match the wrestling and ground game of Jon Jones and you know this!!! Don't waste my time.. Striking will x out or Jones will knock out Gustaf standing too... It's a slaughter in the making..

thislswon
04-22-2012, 05:44 PM
The 205 division blows

Jones
Shogun
Machida
Evans
Gustafsson
Lil Nog
Henderson
Bader
Silva
Bonnar
Cane
Maldano
Kinsbury
Frankiln
Nedkov
Igor
Te Huna
Texeira
Griffin
Mousasi
King Mo
Kyle
Larkin

thislswon
04-22-2012, 05:45 PM
HOW ABOUT CHAEL SONNEN AGAINST JON JONES? That could be fun no? It's the 185's that may battle Jones.. Not the 205ers...

No. Once again try and name me a better matchup at 205 other than The Mauler. Lets not say a man who could get choked out with his own scarf would fare well against someone with a brilliant arsenal of chokes and a significant striking, height, weight, strength, and reach advantage.

02Ls1Formula
04-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Who else is going to be there besides me???

Im going with:

Jones/ TKO 3rd
Schaub/ KO 2nd
Torres/ Sub 2nd
Hominick/ TKO 2nd
Bocek/ UD
Thompson/ KO via flashy head kick..again...1st
Travis Brown/ Chad Griggs should be on the damn main card!!! With that said, Griggs/ TKO 1st

I didn't do so good on this one...but it was fucking badass being there! Our seats were perfect. We were right in front of the big screen so anytime we couldnt see what was going on we had that...overall the atmosphere was great! It was a little weird not having the commentary to go with it, fortunately for us, we had a bunch of drunk fuckers to give it. Forgot to tell you guys that one of my good friends actually worked this event...he escorted jones to the cage, he was the guy with a shaved head and long goatee.

As for the fights:

The prelims were pretty boring, blanco/brimage was a snoozefest until they did their flip off after the fight

bocek/alessio was the same...bocek was a lay and pray master...
Homonick/yagin was a slugfest! Definitely agree with the decision...
McDonald/Torres was insane...I underestimated McDonald for sure...
Shaub/Rothwell was another surprise, I figured shaub would take it easily, but Rothwell has an iron chin and bricks in his hands...
Macdonald/mills was good, macdonald will be champ in less than a year!
Jones/rashad went as expected for me. Jones controlled aggression, cage control, had the distance pretty much figured out from the start. He killed rashad with the short hellbows and got back out before any countering. Rashad had nothing for him and he knew it after the first round.

The weigh ins were cool, I think jones was actually boo'd more than Evans was and their stare down was intense. You couldn't hear a word they were saying!!

Looks like hendo is the next victim for jones...I predict a similar outcome for this one...jones may even get a tko/sub finish.

JIBBBY
04-22-2012, 05:50 PM
^^^ I didn't do so good either.. Just had Jones... Always will have Jon Jones until someone beats him... I'm done saying even someone might hang..

If you call the main event your in the money as far as I'm concerned.. Because you think and break down the main draw and if you call that fight you are golden.. No worries man!!!

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Don't see Josh Barnett being able to stand with JDS for more then a round before getting KTFO... Josh doesn't have the granite chin and won't be able to take JDS down and or hold him there.. You are right about that...

BIG BEN ROTH - Not so sure big Ben would get picked apart by JDS right now, Ben looked better then ever physically and is a huge heavy weight with big punching power and a GRANITE chin.. That strength, size and reach might bother JDS.. Might just really tap that untested jaw of JDS..

Travis Browne Yes still a bit raw but showed he can handle himself a bit on the ground... The dude again can bang, has size, can take a punch and is undefeated.. Scary for JDS no matter how you look at it..

You want to beat Browne and Big Ben you take them down and submit and or pound on them from top position is my thinking, but JDS doesn't play those ground games..

I give both Browne and Big Ben a chance against JDS right now.. It's about the matchups.. My thinking anyways..

In conclusion - I was really surprised to see Big Ben come into that fight in that kinda of lean shape he is in.. The dude is a veteran of MMA now and this could be his time to shine.

Roy Nelson got worked over by JDS because he's smaller and shorter, fat and gassed early and could not use a reach advantage or his size or weight against JDS effectively.. Roy has the chin though and took his beating like a man.. Granite chin in the HW division is everything... Has JDS ever been really tested in that department?

Fat Roy was not a good matchup with JDS... Bottom line...:judge:

rothwell or browne could not stand with JDS. big ben is too slow and while browne is very athletic i still think he'll have problems with the pace JDS sets.

its really amazing how JDS exposes an opponents weakness and makes them look almost amateurish.

josh barnett has enough experience and intelligence to hang with junior. beat him possibly but probably not. if anyone can get him down its him. he can stand enough to get a fight where he wants it.

JDSs only loss was by submission. barnetts specialty.

JIBBBY
04-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Josh Barnett could not handle JDS's speed and power standing.. His chin is very suspect as we've seen Josh get rocked many times standing... Josh's strength is in his catch wrestling and ground game.. He's good in the clinch too but JDS would be to fast and elusive to have any of that..

JDS would lite up Josh Barnett standing in no time at all.. Bad match up if I ever saw one..

As usual I gotta disagree with you Thislswon..

Josh is tough and a great veteran fighter but only when he can dominate his opponents on the ground..

Let me ask you this? When have we ever seen JDS dominated on the ground? Never because no one can take him down..... We don't even know if JDS has a good ground game, but based on his Brazilian Jitsu training back ground stats I would venture he's decent enough..

Thank you... Reset, restart and try again please!!!!...:chug:

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-22-2012, 09:24 PM
ok but please explain how ben rothwell has a better chance against JDS than barnett.

admittedly browne is more athletic than barnett but i just dont think hes ready for the speed of JDS yet.

barnetts standup isnt great but hes shown he knows how to get things to the ground when he has to. he took some shots from sergei before getting him down.

i just think his experience and ground game is far better than most HWs right now.

thislswon
04-22-2012, 09:25 PM
As usual I gotta disagree with you Thislswon..

As usual I have no clue what you are talking about because I never mentioned JDS/Barnett.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-22-2012, 09:27 PM
As usual I have no clue what you are talking about because I never mentioned JDS/Barnett.

lol i thought i was going crazy.

JIBBBY
04-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Well I did have a few drinks maybe I mixed up Thislswon with Ulti's posts...

Someone mentioned JDS and Barnett and it was Ulti then.. I may be a little drunk but I know what I read damn it!!!!

SOB!!!! Sorry thislswon..

Shit happens!!!:chug::chug:

JIBBBY
04-22-2012, 09:35 PM
ok but please explain how ben rothwell has a better chance against JDS than barnett.

Ummmm, Big Ben has a better chin for starters, bigger and probably hits harder.. Looks to be in the best shape in his life going into last nights fight.. Barnett is a ground fighter first, Ben get's his success standing and banging.. He would have a longer reach too...

Not saying Big Ben would kick JDS's ass, just give him a chance more then most others.... I was impressed last night...

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Ummmm, Big Ben has a better chin for starters, bigger and probably hits harder.. Looks to be in the best shape in his life going into last nights fight.. Other then that I can't think of anything else against. Barnett is a ground fighter, Ben get's his success standing and banging..

Not saying Big Ben would kick JDS's ass, just give him a good chance..

i think barnett is a far better fighter than big ben and and he hasnt been TKO or KOed in awhile.
barnett also has descent power and has some KO wins.

JIBBBY
04-22-2012, 11:17 PM
^^ Barnett is a more well rounded fighter then Big Ben.. I won't argue that ulti!!! Barnett is practically a legend in the sport.. Big Ben is a journeyman practically..

I'd even go as far to say - If Big Ben faced Barnett I would think Barnett would submit Big Ben on the ground very quickly.. JDS would stand and bang with Big Ben and that is an entirely different fight....

Hey, but Big Ben looked better then he's ever looked... Banking on that and that is all I'm saying..

Matchups Ulti matchups..

tbag_skywalker
04-22-2012, 11:27 PM
I was really impressed with Big Ben's win last night, but there is no fricking way he'd beat JDS.

Dos Santos would make Rothwell look like an amateur, even though Rothwell has an iron chin. It'd just be a matter of time till JDS would overwhelm him with his fast pace and get the TKO or atleast UD.

JDS has taken out some big names, and unfortunately the only man in that division who MIGHT be able to beat him is douche bag Overeem.

Frank Mir is screwed next month, horrible matchup. Its gonna be like watching Mir vs Carwin again, except probably shorter.

02Ls1Formula
04-23-2012, 07:25 AM
Big Ben has an iron chin but that doesnt mean he would do well against a heavy handed striker like JDS. Cain ragdolled Rothwell on the feet and his striking his sub par to JDS. Barnett would have a hard time getting JDS down, and even if he did I dont think he could keep him there long enough to do any damage. With that being said, Mir gets KO'd in the first round.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-23-2012, 08:23 AM
ive underestimated mir before. i think he'll have a smart game plan against JDS.

no he wont win but i think itll go into rd 3 before jds knocks him out.

tbag_skywalker
04-23-2012, 08:31 AM
^That's true ulti, Mir does fight smart.

He just waits though, most of the time lets the fight come to him, drives me crazy.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-23-2012, 08:34 AM
^That's true ulti, Mir does fight smart.

He just waits though, most of the time lets the fight come to him, drives me crazy.

he surprised me against big nog both times. the second time i thought hed win but not by submission. i thought nelson and kongo would KO him and that didnt happen.

he knows he needs to get JDS down where hes so dangerous.

tbag_skywalker
04-23-2012, 08:59 AM
he surprised me against big nog both times. the second time i thought hed win but not by submission. i thought nelson and kongo would KO him and that didnt happen.

he knows he needs to get JDS down wheres so dangerous.

Pretty much what I was thinking.

And if he does manage to keep JDS down, we finally get to see how the champ can fight off his back...

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-23-2012, 07:27 PM

And if he does manage to keep JDS down, we finally get to see how the champ can fight off his back...

id like very much to see werdum and mir battle it out on the ground to prove who is the best at BJJ in the HW division.

78novacaine
04-23-2012, 07:44 PM

His problem is going to be getting JDS down, and holding him there, so far nobody has been able to do that, and Mir does not exactly have the best TD's out there...

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-23-2012, 07:50 PM
His problem is going to be getting JDS down, and holding him there, so far nobody has been able to do that, and Mir does not exactly have the best TD's out there...

JDS was submitted in 07 by joaquim ferreira.

but yes getting JDS down wont be easy. maybe he'll have to pull guard. mir is very good off his back.

78novacaine
04-23-2012, 07:51 PM
JDS was submitted in 07 by joaquim ferreira back in 07.

but yes getting JDS down wont be easy. maybe he'll have to pull guard. mir is very good off his back.

Ok, nobody in the UFC has been able to do that :lol: And he has fought two of the best TD artists in the HW division.

JIBBBY
04-24-2012, 10:31 PM
^^^^^Mir vs JDS Some of you Mir believers are dreaming!!!!

I agree Mir is a smart fighter and will prepare well and even is the much larger fighter.. Frank Mir will surely come in with a great game plan even.. Once the speed and power of JDS taps that weak ass jaw of Mir he will go fetal... Oh and just because he out struck an old big Nog and dropped him like a bad habit doesn't mean he will do that to a seasoned and much better striker in JDS..

I give Frank Mir close to a zero chance to win that fight.. He won't out strike JDS and he won't submit him either... Besides Mir can't shoot and take down my Grandma if he tried!!! Game over on all accounts.. Even the gas tank has to go in favor of JDS in a championship 5 round fight...

Mir gets stopped and dropped and I might bet the house on that fight if the odds are within betting reason!!!!!

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-25-2012, 06:01 AM
just saying JIBBB. MIR has surprised us in the past and the guy while arrogant at times backs up what he says.

i expect a strong effort from him and he'll make JDS earn a win.

i said after he broke big nogs arm he deserves a title shot. he knows whats at stake and wants that belt badly.

NHRATA01
04-25-2012, 10:05 AM
^^^^^Mir vs JDS Some of you Mir believers are dreaming!!!!

I agree Mir is a smart fighter and will prepare well and even is the much larger fighter.. Frank Mir will surely come in with a great game plan even.. Once the speed and power of JDS taps that weak ass jaw of Mir he will go fetal... Oh and just because he out struck an old big Nog and dropped him like a bad habit doesn't mean he will do that to a seasoned and much better striker in JDS..

I give Frank Mir close to a zero chance to win that fight.. He won't out strike JDS and he won't submit him either... Besides Mir can't shoot and take down my Grandma if he tried!!! Game over on all accounts.. Even the gas tank has to go in favor of JDS in a championship 5 round fight...

Mir gets stopped and dropped and I might bet the house on that fight if the odds are within betting reason!!!!!

Mir didn't outstrike nog at all - hell he got outstruck by nog, watching the fight again. Nog started to Carwin him in the clinch, hit him with a knee when they broke, then nailed him in the jaw and dropped Frank to the mat, then foolishly went for a guillotine sub which allowed Frank to come to and reverse, and the rest is history. Frank was a koonthair away from losing that fight.

JDS is going to wreck him.

JIBBBY
04-25-2012, 01:30 PM
^^ Well I must say Frank Mir has shown vast improvements in his standup and striking of late but now going up against the best striker in the HW division in JDS should be suicide.. I agree Mir will get wrecked...

If Mir had a good double leg I'd give him a chance on maybe putting JDS on his back and submitting him but he doesn't, and besides JDS is too elusive and quick and I can't remember him being taken down ever .. This fight should be a one sided clinic....

I suppose Mir's only hope in this one is to get dropped early when both fighters are still dry and JDS jumps on him and Mir slips in a sneaky submission from the bottom position.. I think JDS is too smart and too good for that though even..

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Mir didn't outstrike nog at all - hell he got outstruck by nog, watching the fight again. Nog started to Carwin him in the clinch, hit him with a knee when they broke, then nailed him in the jaw and dropped Frank to the mat, then foolishly went for a guillotine sub which allowed Frank to come to and reverse, and the rest is history. Frank was a koonthair away from losing that fight.

JDS is going to wreck him.

nog did have mir in trouble but i thought frank did an excellent job of defending and recovering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l14AZ7YtFU

this is fun to watch. great action.

JIBBBY
04-25-2012, 06:33 PM
^ If big nog was in his prime he would have wasted Frank Mir.. Mir caught Nog on a good night when Nog was not near his prime or in good health as he stated...

I like Frank Mir as a commentator and he does give it his all in the Octagon and even has the superior brain thinking power over most in the sport...He does not how ever have the physical tools to ever become champion.. JDS by slaughter...

JIBBBY
04-25-2012, 06:38 PM
I think we need to move this conversation over to the MMA discussion thread.. This one is played out with a twist...

So what thread should be started next? SrikeForce maybe?

02Ls1Formula
04-26-2012, 07:49 AM
^ If big nog was in his prime he would have wasted Frank Mir.. Mir caught Nog on a good night when Nog was not near his prime or in good health as he stated...

I like Frank Mir as a commentator and he does give it his all in the Octagon and even has the superior brain thinking power over most in the sport...He does not how ever have the physical tools to ever become champion.. JDS by slaughter...

Jibbby we are going to put you on a 10 second "I need to think before posting" plan...i swear, some of the shit that you come up with is astounding. Did Mir catch Nog on a good night twice? No, he was the better fighter than Nog TWICE!! First guy to (t)KO and sub him? Thats no stroke of luck. Are you Brazilian? You come up with as many excuses as they do..thats the only reason I ask...

JIBBBY
04-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Jibbby we are going to put you on a 10 second "I need to think before posting" plan...i swear, some of the shit that you come up with is astounding. Did Mir catch Nog on a good night twice? No, he was the better fighter than Nog TWICE!! First guy to (t)KO and sub him? Thats no stroke of luck. Are you Brazilian? You come up with as many excuses as they do..thats the only reason I ask...

Big Nog is old and washed up, relax on bashing my post pal..

His chin and speed has been deteriorating year to year and it shows in alot of recent fights.. I said in Nog's prime like in the Pride glory days he would have wasted Frank Mir fairly easily.. Big Nog also claimed to not be a 100 percent going into that fight as I recall against Mir. He looked slow and old and he got his arm snapped..

Frank Mir has never shown the ability to take a punch, he has 0 wrestling and gasses easily in his fights if they go rounds..

Frank Mir basically sucks ass if he can't sub you off his back as a last minute attempt after getting dropped and rocked himself. Get off his nut wagon FORMULA as JDS will ruin him and probably send him into retirement and back behind the mic again.. :judge:

thislswon
04-26-2012, 10:20 AM
I must have missed Mir's first retirement Jibby! When was this?

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-26-2012, 10:53 AM

His chin and speed has been deteriorating year to year and it shows in alot of recent fights.. I said in Nog's prime like in the Pride glory days he would have wasted Frank Mir fairly easily.. Big Nog also claimed to not be a 100 percent going into that fight as I recall against Mir. He looked slow and old and he got his arm snapped..

Frank Mir has never shown the ability to take a punch, he has 0 wrestling and gasses easily in his fights if they go rounds..

Frank Mir basically sucks ass if he can't sub you off his back as a last minute attempt after getting dropped and rocked himself. Get off his nut wagon FORMULA as JDS will ruin him and probably send him into retirement and back behind the mic again.. :judge:

the first time i gave nog a pass. he wasnt healthy.

the second time i give mir credit for outsmarting and out grappling big nog.

i really dont think many people are saying mir is going to beat JDS. i just think hes going to have a good game plan and not get run through like his past opponents.

02Ls1Formula
04-26-2012, 11:35 AM

If you would stop talking out of your ass I would! I cant recall a fighter ever coming in at 100%. Fighters get injured, they fight. Win or lose. But I have never in my ever, heard a fighter come up with more damn excuses to why he lost. He was injured, he was sick, the sun was in his eyes, his belly button hurt blah blah blah. Mir outstruck him in the first fight and was the first person to ever (t)ko him. I wouldnt say Nog was slow at all in the second fight. His stand up was on point and it showed when he caught Mir with that combo that dropped him. Nogs problem was that he got sloppy and tried to sub him instead of pounding him out. I am nowhere near the nut hugging wagon but it annoys the shit out of me when fighters make excuses. Im pretty sure I said a few posts ago that Mir was going to get (t)ko'd against JDS...

JIBBBY
04-26-2012, 12:55 PM
So what's the point?

We all agree Mir will lose to JDS and it's of my opinion that I think Mir is simply overrated and I don't believe he has earned or deserves another title shot after getting bitch handled by Brock Lesnar in really both fights and then beating 3 old or fat cans since.

Mir gets ultimate praises from beating an old injured Nog, then beating a washed up Mirco and going the distance with a fat bastard in Roy Nelson.. NOT IMPRESSIVE SORRY!!! Oh, and just because he boxed with these guys and looked pretty doing it every one is now look at Frank Mir!!!. Whoooopie!!!

How is he deserving of this title shot at this point? He really hasn't fought a top fighter in the UFC lately as far as I'm concerned...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Mir

As far as I'm concerned Frank Mir is about as good as Brock Lesnar.. Lesnar is a big pussy and sucks ass.. Thank God we don't have to watch that big pussy fight anymore in MMA...

Mir is no better.. Like Lesnar you punch Mir in the mouth he drops and goes fetal... I will say this for Mir though that he can probably take a slightly better punch and beating then Lesnar ever could.. Atleast Mir isn't a pussy and won't tap from punches I don't think..

I like Frank Mir as a commentator but not as a fighter.. Never did..

thislswon
04-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Jibby who else would you give the shot to on such late notice and an event scheduled. Mir makes the most sense

JIBBBY
04-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Jibby who else would you give the shot to on such late notice and an event scheduled. Mir makes the most sense

Mark Hunt has been on a 3 fight win streak and looks good.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mark-Hunt-10668

Hell, Dave Herman, Matrione or Kongo maybe even deserve a shot before Frank Mir as pathetic as that sounds. It's all crap but atleast those guys can stand and bang and have a chance on their feet against JDS.. All would lose as well though.. I'd even say Browne or Big Ben but they just fought. Sign Josh Barnett since it's all Zuffa now anyways and throw him in with JDS.. That's gonna probably happen anyways in time..

Good point THISLSWON as the UFC HW division is extremely weak and thin right now.. Riddled with injuries and positive testing too.

Damn, the UFC needs to sign some other HW's in other organizations asap!!!..

Overeem needs to stop testing positive as that would have been a great fight with JDS!!!!

thislswon
04-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Mark Hunt has been on a 3 fight win streak and looks good.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mark-Hunt-10668

Hell, Dave Herman, Matrione or Kongo maybe even deserve a shot before Frank Mir as pathetic as that sounds. It's all crap but atleast those guys can stand and bang and have a chance on their feet against JDS.. All would lose as well though.. I'd even say Browne or Big Ben but they just fought. Sign Josh Barnett since it's all Zuffa now anyways and throw him in with JDS.. That's gonna probably happen anyways in time..

Good point THISLSWON as the UFC HW division is extremely weak and thin right now.. Riddled with injuries and positive testing too.

Are you on crack? Herman, Mitrione, Kongo before Mir? I love Hunt and have watched him since his Pride/K1 days but he is not more deserving than Mir.

Browne is a great prospect but you can not justify a ttitle shot without one single top 10 win.

Big Ben is on a one fight win streak and 2-2 overall in the UFC

Kongo lost his last fight.

Mitirone lost his last fight

Dave Herman lost his last fight

Barnett has a fight locked up with Cormier

Mir makes the most sense....

thislswon
04-26-2012, 03:24 PM

This is far and away the best the UFC HW division has ever been. I do not know what you are thinking. The problem is scheduling issues and trying to find a last minute replacement that deserves a title shot. The UFC does not want to scrap the fight and have their champ on the shelf. Makes sense to find the best available oprion. Mir is it and if you disagree than you are foolish or a blind hater. Like him, lover him or hate him it does not matter he is simply the best and most logical answer for their current problem.

02Ls1Formula
04-26-2012, 04:14 PM

Damn, the UFC needs to sign some other HW's in other organizations asap!!!..

Overeem needs to stop testing positive as that would have been a great fight with JDS!!!!

Finally we agree on something! Unfortunately Mark Hunt is not a mainstream fighter and probably will have a much harder time getting into top contention for the title...dont get me wrong, I love the guy!

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-26-2012, 04:26 PM
i really think JIBBY is :smokin: some good stuff right now lol.

ive said for awhile mir deserved a shot over AO and it worked out.

yes, i know it wouldve sold more PPVs but mirs last 3 out of 4 wins were by stoppage.

i really feel hes refocused himself and is a worthy opponent for JDS. especially over most of the fighters JIBBY mentioned.

dave herman? matt mitrione? LOL CMON MAN!

JIBBBY
04-26-2012, 08:33 PM
I said Mark Hunt first you silly rat bastards..:chug: Just threw out the next 3 weak ass pool names in the UFC division, HW fighters that are healthy and eager to fight after a loss..

Why does Frank Mir deserve a shot again?.. He was given a title shot against Lesnar and should have banned from the UFC after that second fight loss.. :zzz: Lesnar built a name for himself beating up Mir and look at Lesnar today, hmmm!!!

Hell, If Lesnar had any clue on how to get out of a simple ankle lock he would have beaten Frank Mir twice and really ruined him... Again, Nog was injured and washed up.. Cro-cop was REALLY washed up..

I honestly don't think FRANK MIR could beat any of those guys I mentioned including Mark Hunt certainly if they were all to fight today..

This is how I would see it..

Mark Hunt vs Mir The Mark Hunt of today would simply walk thru Mir and put him to sleep in no time..

Now the weaker class vs Frank Mir -

Kongo vs Mir Kongo kinda sucks but his wrestling has improved enough that if Mir was getting the better standing which is unlikely, Kongo would put Mir on his back and beat on him like a drum. Kongo wins by ref stoppage this go around..

Matt Mitrione vs Mir Mitrone is just tougher and can take any punch Frank Mir could possibly land.. Eventually Matt would tap that bitch ass jaw of Mir and take him out.. Mir won't be able to submit Matt Mitroene either because he wouldn't be able to take him down.. Perhaps Mir could stick and move and out box Mitrione.. That fight could go either way perhaps....

Dave Herman vs Mir Again, Dave is a very seasoned fighter, is a bit tougher in all areas then Frank Mir.. Dave will out last Mir and drop him..

Now how is Frank Mir more deserving at a TITLE SHOT then any of these guys I mentioned that he simply can't beat?

Hey but Frank Mir is a marketable name and this is a business.. On talent Mir is not deserving sorry!!!!! Mir hasn't beaten anyone special in years..:judge:

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-26-2012, 08:41 PM
if nothing else your posts are entertaining JIBBBY.

why couldnt kongo or big country tap mirs "bitch ass jaw" when they fought?

JIBBBY
04-26-2012, 09:18 PM
if nothing else your posts are entertaining JIBBBY.

why couldnt kongo or big country tap mirs "bitch ass jaw" when they fought?

How about Mark Hunt Ulti?

Kongo Bongo - got caught early and was done!!! I'd bet my ass that would not happen in a rematch fight.. Kongo does kinda suck though but he got nailed early and not even before he was warmed up... Watch the fight, I'd give Mir that fight on luck mostly..

Roy Nelson - Big Country is too short and fat and any taller HW with any kind of athletic agility can out move and out box Big fat Country like Mir did to a judging decision..

I said Mir is a smart thinking fighter and an awesome commentator but his physical attributes lack against real solid competition.. His stand up is getting better, chin not good at all, wrestling horrible, and his submissions are very good especialy off his back when he doesn't have a big wrestler on top of him.. That's not championship material as far as I'm concerned!!!!

Frank is betting up or submitting sub par fighters right now and that's the truth!!! JDS will ruin him...

Mir sucks big smelly gorilla ass... Face it!!!!

thislswon
04-26-2012, 10:43 PM
I am a huge Hunt and Mir fan but I think Mir would win that fight based on his grappling prowess. Hunt despite fighting in MMA still is extremely green on the ground. He had his arm broken by Sean McCorkle. Imagine what Mir could do to him. You can blast on Mir as much as you want but he is probably the most underrated HW fighter of all time. Sure he does not have the best chin in the world but it is far from glass.

As for the rest of your assessments they are complete shit. Mir is easily a top 5 HW in the UFC he has shown he can stand with solid standup fighters such as Nog, Kongo, Hardonk etc. He has also shown his grappling skills numerous times. Mir may not be the best submission specialist at HW but he is the most dangerous because of the way he attacks with his submissions. He is kind of like Pallhares in that regard.

The amount of disrespect Frank Mir gets is ridiculous. He is 16-5 with wins over Nog x2, Sylvia, Kongo, Cro Cop, Big Country, Lesnar, Hardonk, Pete Williams, Wes Sims x2. He lost 2 of those fights right after coming back from his career threatening bike wreck which sidelined him for 2 years. Since 2007 he only has 2 losses to Carwin and Lesnar.

thislswon
04-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Frank is betting up or submitting sub par fighters right now and that's the truth!!! JDS will ruin him...

Herman, Mitrione, Kongo, Rothwell are all guys you listed that are losing to even more sub par competition while Mir is winning and yet you are saying they are more worthy of a title shot then Mir.

Your line of reasoning is outstanding. Please, continue to give us more gems of wisdom...

Roy Nelson - Big Country is too short and fat and any taller HW with any kind of athletic agility can out move and out box Big fat Country like Mir did to a judging decision..

!

Tell that to Struve who is 6'11" and Schaub who is very athletic. So there goes you tall and/or more athletic theory. More flat out wrong and baseless statements from Jibby

JIBBBY
04-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Thislswon I find your break down of Frank Mir just off.

In regards to fighting Mark Hunt - I highly doubt Frank Mir could take down the Mark Hunt of today, so to say he would submit and beat a green Mark Hunt on the ground is more unlikely then likely.. Frank Mir typically gets rocked standing and the opposing fighters pounce on him in top position, what happens next is they either stop him with strikes or they get submitted themselves.. That's Franks M.O. Hunt is not a wrestler so I don't see him even trying to mess with the top position ground n pound after he knocks the shit out of Mir standing and puts him on his ass..

Frank Mirs boxing and foot work has improved though so I will give him that much, but his chin has not.. If Mir is able to rock his opponent standing before he gets rocked then he becomes dangerous.. He did that with Kongo.. Still I wouldn't bank on him continuing to rock people standing.

History of Frank Mir - The dude is physically weak for his size, has shown to lack cardio and gas in many past fights, can easily be out wrestled by just about anyone in the HW division.. He absolutely lacks the ability to take down anyone to actually use his offensive submission skills.. He plays a dangerous game by luring fighters to pounce on him after he gets dropped.. He simply has one of the weaker chins in the HW division as he's been stopped on many occasions from strikes.. I'm done ranting..

Frank Mir blows and is a journeyman at best in my mind... Until I see him beat or even hang with top guys like JDS, Carwin, and or Cain I feel he's extremely overrated..

thislswon
04-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Thislswon I find your break down of Frank Mir just off.

In regards to fighting Mark Hunt - I highly doubt Frank Mir could take down the Mark Hunt of today, so to say he would submit and beat a green Mark Hunt on the ground is more unlikely then likely

Sean fucking Mcorkle broke his arm about a year ago and in that timeframe you think he has improved enough that Mir could not submit him? McCorkle has shit wrestling. Mir is not a wreslter but his wrestling is still better than Mark Hunt's. Brilliant....

NHRATA01
04-27-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm not a huge Mir fan either and don't think he's really deserving of a shot, but as others have mentioned he's really the only one.

I can't agree with most of yours Jibby, Kongo is a gatekeeper at best (he got a lucky win over Pat Barry after being KO'd twice) and just lost to Hunt. Hunt himself is nowhere near ready yet, same with Mitrione, Herman. Rothwell looked terrible for ages before one decent fight.

The worthy contenders are:
- Barnett, already booked
- Werdum, already lost to JDS, 1-fight win streak not really deserving of a title shot yet

Less worthy but debateable vs. Mir
- Kharitonov, but coming off a loss to Barnett
- Cain, but coming off a 64-second loss to JDS
- Carwin, not done rehabbing and coming off a 3-round demo at the hands of JDS
- Lesnar...ok just joking

So it's Mir by default really, coming off a 3-fight win streak.

JIBBBY
04-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Sean fucking Mcorkle broke his arm about a year ago and in that timeframe you think he has improved enough that Mir could not submit him? McCorkle has shit wrestling. Mir is not a wreslter but his wrestling is still better than Mark Hunt's. Brilliant....

You have to get him down to submit him last time I checked!!!.. You really think Frank Mir is gonna shoot for double and take down Mark Hunt at will? You're gravely mistaken if you think that will happen THislswon.. Hunt would probably knock him out for his efforts coming in.. Mir can't take down my Grandma...

JIBBBY
04-27-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm not a huge Mir fan either and don't think he's really deserving of a shot, but as others have mentioned he's really the only one.

I can't agree with most of yours Jibby, Kongo is a gatekeeper at best (he got a lucky win over Pat Barry after being KO'd twice) and just lost to Hunt. Hunt himself is nowhere near ready yet, same with Mitrione, Herman. Rothwell looked terrible for ages before one decent fight.

The worthy contenders are:
- Barnett, already booked
- Werdum, already lost to JDS, 1-fight win streak not really deserving of a title shot yet

Less worthy but debateable vs. Mir
- Kharitonov, but coming off a loss to Barnett
- Cain, but coming off a 64-second loss to JDS
- Carwin, not done rehabbing and coming off a 3-round demo at the hands of JDS
- Lesnar...ok just joking

So it's Mir by default really, coming off a 3-fight win streak.

Well said I suppose.. Mir by default and gets the title shot.. I can agree with that after looking and the available ready to fight HW UFC talent pool or lack there of....

Hell, I'll watch Mir get his ass beat....

In all truth - I actually hope Mir wins by miracle as I actually like the guy. I don't have a problem with Frank Mir as person.. Just don't think he's all that great of an MMA fighter as most claim him to be.. Was a bit shocked to see him get the title shot just yet.. That why I started this rant..

Beside it makes for good thread conversation.. No MMA tonight :(

thislswon
04-27-2012, 07:39 PM
You have to get him down to submit him last time I checked!!!.. You really think Frank Mir is gonna shoot for double and take down Mark Hunt at will? You're gravely mistaken if you think that will happen THislswon.. Hunt would probably knock him out for his efforts coming in.. Mir can't take down my Grandma...

Sean McCorkle took him down and submitted him. You know there is other ways to get a fighter down. Such as a knockdown, clinch work, scramble, judo etc. Mir hit a fucking beautiful throw on Roy Nelson and Nelson has very solid grappling

Sean Mccorkle got sent packing by Christain Morecraft. Now he is losing to WMMA fighters.

Your grandma must be a badass. To bad she did not beat some fucking sense into you...

JIBBBY
04-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Sean McCorkle took him down and submitted him. You know there is other ways to get a fighter down. Such as a knockdown, clinch work, scramble, judo etc. Mir hit a fucking beautiful throw on Roy Nelson and Nelson has very solid grappling

Sean Mccorkle got sent packing by Christain Morecraft. Now he is losing to WMMA fighters.

Your grandma must be a badass. To bad she did not beat some fucking sense into you...

Mark Hunt has improved as a fight and physically since that fight.. That's why he's won his last 3.. You are talking ancient history with Christian MoreCrap...

Reset, restart and try again please thislswon:chug:...

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-27-2012, 07:50 PM
thislswon 50 JIBBY 0 :jest:

thislswon
04-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Mark Hunt has improved as a fight and physically since that fight.. That's why he's won his last 3.. You are talking ancient history with Christian MoreCrap...

Reset, restart and try again please thislswon:chug:...

Ancient history? Try about 16-17 months. Yea, that is ancient as fuck. You want more ancient history? About 7 months ago he looked like complete shit against Rothwell in one of the worst UFC fights in recent memory. ALso, he has not improved physically lol. He looks the same as he has his entire MMA career. For being so "changed" physically he gassed in about 2 minutes against Rothwell.

Yes, Hunt has won his last 3 and I am a fan but his win over Rothwell was fucking epicly horrible. Tuchscherer is a very mid level guy but still a nice KO win for Hunt. I predicted him beating Kongo as well and I was right.

The difference in those 3 wins and the McCorkle fight is a lack of grappling. I love Mark Hunt as I already said I have followed his career since K1 days. He simply has a grappling deficiency. He is a fantastic striker with a great chin but he is very below average in all areas of grappling and cardio.

thislswon
04-27-2012, 07:54 PM
thislswon 50 JIBBY 0 :jest:

Some things never change...

thislswon
04-27-2012, 07:58 PM
FYI this is what Jibby said about Hunt just 6-7 months ago lol

MarK Hunt vs Cheick Kongo I still think Mark Hunt struggles on the ground, as we've seen in recent fights Kongo is evolving and getting better with his wrestling and take downs.. I think he avoids the big knock out power of Mark Hunt early on and takes him down.. I'm picking Cheick Kongo by ground and pound stoppage as Hunt begins to gas out in the later rounds...

Wow, how quick you change your tune lol. So a quick KO over Kongo and now you think his grappling is good enough to hang with Mir becasue he has improved so much from the McCorkle fight! Also, you comment on his lack of cardio but from a 2 minute win over Hunt proved that his cardio has improved too...

I wish I got payed for making you look stupid because I could have retired by now...

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-27-2012, 08:00 PM
make that 100 to 0. :lol: :lol: :lol: :jest::jest::jest::jest::hail::hail::hail::hail::h ail:

tbag_skywalker
04-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Since we're talking/arguing about heavyweights, anyone know whats going on with Carwin?

I know he had back surgery not long ago, and was under the impression that he'd be fight soon.

I miss watching him demolish people in under 5 minutes...

Lesnar got lucky, but JDS has some wicked fast hands.

Oh yea by the way, good job thislswon.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
04-27-2012, 08:37 PM
shane carwin has a web site. he keeps you updated. ive havent checked it in awhile.

JIBBBY
04-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Ancient history? Try about 16-17 months. Yea, that is ancient as fuck. You want more ancient history? About 7 months ago he looked like complete shit against Rothwell in one of the worst UFC fights in recent memory. ALso, he has not improved physically lol. He looks the same as he has his entire MMA career. For being so "changed" physically he gassed in about 2 minutes against Rothwell.

Yes, Hunt has won his last 3 and I am a fan but his win over Rothwell was fucking epicly horrible. Tuchscherer is a very mid level guy but still a nice KO win for Hunt. I predicted him beating Kongo as well and I was right.

The difference in those 3 wins and the McCorkle fight is a lack of grappling. I love Mark Hunt as I already said I have followed his career since K1 days. He simply has a grappling deficiency. He is a fantastic striker with a great chin but he is very below average in all areas of grappling and cardio.

Big Ben i think is no joke after this last fight.. Never seen him this fit!!! He's dedicated now so give Big Ben that much ok!!!! Even Hunt and all these HW's I mentioned aren't all that though. I just think they deserve a title shot more then Mir.. Understand and comprehend..I just think Mir is shit and can't beat even the iffy HW fighters..

I do think Mark Hunt, Big Ben and Travis Browne are much better up and coming fighters now then Frank Mir ok!!!!:judge: I honestly don't think Mir can beat any of those 3 fighters today period..

I'm not putting any of the HW's I mentioned on a list of Great fighters.. Don't get me wrong.. I just put Mir at the bottom of the trash against the better fighters that I mentioned..

My logic in undeniable.. Ulti relax, I know what I speak of..:smokin:

thislswon
04-27-2012, 10:46 PM
That post made no sense. Do you proof read shit before you type. Or does your fingers throw up on the computer and you just hope for the best.

You say Frank Mir can't even beat iffy HW's but he has beaten Sims, Sylvia, Cro Cop, Nelson, Nog x2, Kongo, Lesnar, Hardonk etc....

How the fuck does that make any sense. He has a 16-5 record. Two of thos losses were after he came back from his bike wreck and missing 2 years of his prime. Then he loses to the 2 biggest monsters in the division and he is a "shit" fighter.

No, your logic makes about as much sense as a monkey fucking a football...

JIBBBY
04-28-2012, 12:28 AM
That post made no sense. Do you proof read shit before you type. Or does your fingers throw up on the computer and you just hope for the best.

You say Frank Mir can't even beat iffy HW's but he has beaten Sims, Sylvia, Cro Cop, Nelson, Nog x2, Kongo, Lesnar, Hardonk etc....

How the fuck does that make any sense. He has a 16-5 record. Two of thos losses were after he came back from his bike wreck and missing 2 years of his prime. Then he loses to the 2 biggest monsters in the division and he is a "shit" fighter.

No, your logic makes about as much sense as a monkey fucking a football...

So you think Frank Mir will actually make this a respectable competitive fight against JDS coming up? I know Ulti thinks it will be a tight show.. I so disagree!!!

Thislswon - You honestly think Frank Mir can make get it into the championship rounds with the superior striker in JDS? I will bet my ass it will not even be competitive after 2 rounds.... Let's relax on all the fighter comparisons at this point because we are getting no where as usual.. They didn't all fight and we just don't know???? OK...

Conclusion - JDS without question cleans Frank Mir's ass into retirement maybe with this fight!!!!!...

Agreed or not? That was the subject and topic of discussion when we all got started, right?.. :usa:

It'llrun
04-28-2012, 12:54 AM
Mir may not make it a "respectable" fight against JDS, Jibby... But the guys you've put above Mir probably wouldn't currently last more than about 30 seconds, or the 1st solid JDS shot, whichever occurs 1st. The question isn't about how well Mir does, it's, who is the best available opponent and those you listed seem more like schoolyard bully chumps when compared to Mir, let alone the animal that is JDS.

Mir is certainly not the best fighter, but he's beaten some seriously good fighters during his career.