View Full Version : Why are some diesel owners such douchebags?

Slash8915
04-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Yesterday I was on my way home from work. I pulled up to a red light, and in front of me was a huge diesel truck. The car next to him had two teenage girls in it with their windows down. When the light turned green, he took off and dumped the black smoke all in their car.

As we drove, I stayed behind him. I guess he saw me, because he started hitting the gas pedal multiple times. When I wouldn't race him, he put on his wipers with fluid, so it would hit my car... Over and over. I stayed behind him though. After a few minutes, I went one lane over, because my turn was coming up. I guess he though I wanted to race, because he them proceeded to weave in and out of traffic with his monstrous truck. I pray a cop got him.

So what's with some of the diesel owners out here? I didn't realize how much of an ass some of them are.

97badass
04-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Due to the price of diesel the cost of those trucks have went down, so now every tom dick and harry can afford them. What you witnessed is our version of a ricer. The people who get flamed on the diesel boards, because its cool to dump fuel out the exhaust when your truck makes 5-600 hp and 1000ft pounds of torque just by adding a 500 $ programmer.

cambirdracing
04-17-2012, 08:18 AM
I saw the guy the other day doing the same shit. But 3/4 tons aren't huge. My 2 ton is :) .

mcG
04-17-2012, 08:37 AM
it seems that there are more and more d-bag drivers anymore, regardless of what vehicle they're in. i always find at least one or two on my short 15 minute commute to and from work every day.

Camaro_94
04-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Yeah, that guy was an ass hole; but most of them aren't. I know douchebag Fbody owners too... But I don't classify Fbody owners as douchers.

97badass
04-17-2012, 08:48 AM
There is a video of a couple guys stop a girl and ask if she smokes. She says yes I do and she disappears in a black cloud...

Jon5212
04-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Don't blame the truck, blame the driver. My truck will dump a decent amount out until the turbo spools up.

-Ross-
04-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Some owners of every type of vehicle are douche bags. There. I just solved the age old mystery.

Black smoking people is not funny unless said people are riding your ass. Then, they're fair game.

AronZ28
04-17-2012, 08:52 AM
You should've just blown his doors off IMO. Honestly even if I'm in my 22-RE 2wd Toyota truck with all of about 120 hp, if some douche tries to run me at the light, you damn better well bet I'm doing a 4000rpm clutch dump and power shifting into 2nd at redline.

The secret to winning those stop light drags is to watch the lights on the opposite side. Once they turn red, you have approximately 1.5 to 2 seconds before your light turns green. I can usually outrun people who aren't paying attention or have some sort of weaksauce 4 cylinder or v6 under the hood.

wav3form
04-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Big truck, low I. Q.

Roasting them at a light does no good as they'll just ricer flyby. Best to avoid or just call the cops and report them if you really want to mess with them

1BDHWK
04-17-2012, 09:30 AM
There are a lot of "kids" that own diesels these days, and they just love to "roll coal".:eyes:

But I'll admit, if I see some moron flying in and out of cars in traffic, I'll make it my mission to leave him a present through his window. But only when they deserve it.;)

thunderstruck507
04-17-2012, 10:24 AM
In my area there are whole clans of diesel ricers. There are very few modded diesel owners around here who don't need to drive off a cliff.

They are about 5 times as stupid, obnoxious, and inconsiderate as the Honda Fast N Furious kids

bamalt1
04-17-2012, 11:01 AM
People in general are douchebags no matter what they drive.

guppymech
04-17-2012, 11:18 AM
I was riding my bicycle and had some guy in a diesel pickup dump a bunch of black exhaust on me. That was real nice.

| Powered by Satan |
04-17-2012, 12:10 PM
I only black lung the turds that ride my ass....

and there is no point trying to show how "quick" my 8,000lb truck is.

-Ross-
04-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Big truck, low I. Q.

Assumptions are awesome.

thislswon
04-17-2012, 01:54 PM
There is a guy in my town notorious for doing this. His family are all cops. His brother is the chief of police.

I was sitting in a buddy of mines car one night when the owner of the truck pulled up to my friend David's window and blew smoke in it.

David is a very laid back and chill kind of guy. Never starts drama or gives anyone shit. He thought David was alone I assumed. I got out of the car and walked over to his truck opened the door and threw a fountain drink in his face and smacked him. He pushed me out and drove off...

-Ross-
04-17-2012, 01:57 PM
There is a guy in my town notorious for doing this. His family are all cops. His brother is the chief of police.

I was sitting in a buddy of mines car one night when the owner of the truck pulled up to my friend David's window and blew smoke in it.

David is a very laid back and chill kind of guy. Never starts drama or gives anyone shit. He thought David was alone I assumed. I got out of the car and walked over to his truck opened the door and threw a fountain drink in his face and smacked him. He pushed me out and drove off...

lol! Good job! Serves him right.

thunderstruck507
04-17-2012, 02:21 PM
I got out of the car and walked over to his truck opened the door and threw a fountain drink in his face and smacked him. He pushed me out and drove off...

That is awesome haha :nod::chug:

thislswon
04-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Well, you guys would have to know my friend David. Super nice guy that would not say shit if he had a mouthful of it. It got all over him and his brand new Lincoln LS. I mean it got on me a little too but I was more mad about the fact of this spoiled fuck messing with a guy that would never do something like that.

216StealthSS
04-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Some owners of every type of vehicle are douche bags. There. I just solved the age old mystery.

Black smoking people is not funny unless said people are riding your ass. Then, they're fair game.

agreed! with a truck like you got you would have a field day in my city :judge:

mjs1012
04-17-2012, 03:43 PM
theres a few in my area who do the same shit. My buddy does it all the time in his 05 ram. the thing i dont get is why assholes try to weave through city traffic with such a huge truck...

WarShrike
04-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Say it with me...Brodozer.

Some people are asshats, this guy deserves a voit basketball stuffed in his tailpipe.

thunderstruck507
04-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Say it with me...Brodozer.

Some people are asshats, this guy deserves a voit basketball stuffed in his tailpipe.

Sad thing is it would fit on half of the ones I've seen.

Too bad you can't shoot them in the face with a paintball gun if they try to smoke you out for no reason. That would be just punishment I think.

Streetlegal?
04-17-2012, 10:21 PM
lol! Good job! Serves him right.

This :lol:

I feel that the ones that smoke people like that are even worse than the non-diesel ricers. Just because their truck is huge they feel they need to smoke everyone who's car isn't a million feet off the ground... I went to a swap meet around here and as I was leaving there was a bunch of them just sitting there smoking the shit out of everything. It got all over a bunch of the cars around them. Again no respect. Granted it's not everyone of them but most of the ones around here are like that and it's really annoying. They all seem to always want to race too. Even in my winter beater that I got bored and sprayed stripes on it :lol:

hugger1975
04-17-2012, 10:58 PM
My windows roll up if I'm next to an obvious douche.

Besides, either car will give hell to most around town. Can't dump smoke in front of them.

Datankid069
04-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Anyways like someone said earlier this isn't the first thread bashing diesel owners. Its not right to categorize a whole group of individuals off a few peoples actions. When you say "dudes that drive big diesel trucks" I think of those great americans that eat, shit, and breathe, diesel fuel like; Truckers, Farmers, Contractors, and good working class people that provide a service to us and our great country. Believe it or not but the older generation of muscle car owners look down on us for driving the fuel injected hotrods of today and don't think that we should be considered muscle car owners. Theres ignorance every where guys just make sure you aren't being as ignorant by judging a whole group of people off one persons stupidity. I would be happy knowing that im a better person and the fact that i drive a fbody means I piss excellence. I'm a previous diesel owner (if you couldn't tell) and cant wait to get my next tow truck. With that said Im not the type of person out to kill my gas milage by spewing black smoke all over the highways creating extremely dangerous driving conditions for the simple fact I don't want to kill someone thats not causing an immediate threat to me, my family, or country. If someone ever did cause this to happen to my family cause they think its cute to impair a persons driving with their "Black Smoke Mod" I'd probably cut their heart out and run it over with their own truck, thats just me though.

God bless the United States Marine Corps, and Semper Fidelis

Slash8915
04-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Anyways like someone said earlier this isn't the first thread bashing diesel owners. Its not right to categorize a whole group of individuals off a few peoples actions. When you say "dudes that drive big diesel trucks" I think of those great americans that eat, shit, and breathe, diesel fuel like; Truckers, Farmers, Contractors, and good working class people that provide a service to us and our great country. Believe it or not but the older generation of muscle car owners look down on us for driving the fuel injected hotrods of today and don't think that we should be considered muscle car owners. Theres ignorance every where guys just make sure you aren't being as ignorant by judging a whole group of people off one persons stupidity. I would be happy knowing that im a better person and the fact that i drive a fbody means I piss excellence. I'm a previous diesel owner (if you couldn't tell) and cant wait to get my next tow truck. With that said Im not the type of person out to kill my gas milage by spewing black smoke all over the highways creating extremely dangerous driving conditions for the simple fact I don't want to kill someone thats not causing an immediate threat to me, my family, or country. If someone ever did cause this to happen to my family cause they think its cute to impair a persons driving with their "Black Smoke Mod" I'd probably cut their heart out and run it over with their own truck, thats just me though.

Sounds like you've got a lot of pent up anger. Might wanna get that checked out.

Anyways, I never said ALL diesel owners are douchbags. I said SOME. Which I'm sure every one will agree with me on that. Yes, every group has our "ricers", but the diesel ricers seem to be the worst.

Pete137
04-18-2012, 01:38 PM
They're the new ricers. I've had quite a few trucks try to race me. They think that having a diesel engine with a lot of torque makes them the coolest and fastest thing on the road. Unfortunately, they don't grasp the concept of power/weight ratio.

ramairetransam
04-18-2012, 01:50 PM
i need a good diesel owner pick on quote for me to post on fb , like diesels being the new ricer , something like that , i have a few friends that have them and would like to start trouble .

-Ross-
04-18-2012, 01:51 PM
If someone ever did cause this to happen to my family cause they think its cute to impair a persons driving with their "Black Smoke Mod" I'd probably cut their heart out and run it over with their own truck, thats just me though.

I really hope you're not refering to me with this, GI Joe.

madskater5
04-18-2012, 02:07 PM
No, not all are bad in this world, but where I live, they are the majority. My wife likes to suggest they are compensating. She saw a sticker she wants to put on her rear window that says "nice truck, sorry about your small penis!"

-Ross-
04-18-2012, 02:21 PM
No, not all are bad in this world, but where I live, they are the majority. My wife likes to suggest they are compensating. She saw a sticker she wants to put on her rear window that says "nice truck, sorry about your small penis!"

She probably just says that in front of you to make you feel better.:jest:

GTOSE
04-18-2012, 02:32 PM
LOL @ Throwing a fountain drink at someone then bitch smacking them.

madskater5
04-18-2012, 02:32 PM
She probably just says that in front of you to make you feel better.:jest:
That was weak...

LOL @ Throwing a fountain drink at someone then bitch smacking them.
Isn't there a youtube video somewhere of someone doing this?

Camaroking1996
04-18-2012, 08:18 PM
I saw some funny shit a few weeks ago. This dude is a big ass ford deisel pulled up next to an up tight dude in a prius and sprayed him with black smoke. I was laughin my ass of and he did it a few times

Datankid069
04-18-2012, 11:24 PM
I really hope you're not referring to me with this, GI Joe.

Actually -ROSS- you drive a pretty sweet cummins, I just now read your signature, and no I wasn't referring to you but if the shoe fits bro then wear it. And as far as the GI Joe comment go's I'll let that one slide don't wanna come off as a forum tough guy as so many of us do, but maybe we can have a beer together sometime and I'll tell you some of the shit i saw over seas so you can rest easy at night.

IronOutlaw
04-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Some guys are idiots. My diesel just pulls shit all day and doesnt even smoke.

X-ray
04-19-2012, 02:45 AM
Having control of a powerful machine will change the attitude of some people. Or they're just assholes.

I enjoy tailgaters though, they're the easiest kind of driver to have fun with. Today some prick in a white Honda Accord with blue headlights came flying up behind me even though I was doing 5 over, and starts tailgating me. So I decided to to do five under, set the cruise control at 40. I could tell he was going nuts because he kept weaving back and forth. Then he pulled off and turned around, dumb shit must have forgot something somewhere.

sheikss
04-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Wait til they make a fast and furious movie that's about or has diesel trucks in it.

madskater5
04-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Can't dump smoke in front of them.

Just saw this. Great point! A lot of these trucks around here are in the 11's, but they trap pretty low. On the street it isn't hard to stay ahead. Bwahaha!

Edit: In the GTO anyway... I'm screwed when I'm in the VW.

-Ross-
04-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Actually -ROSS- you drive a pretty sweet cummins, I just now read your signature, and no I wasn't referring to you but if the shoe fits bro then wear it. And as far as the GI Joe comment go's I'll let that one slide don't wanna come off as a forum tough guy as so many of us do, but maybe we can have a beer together sometime and I'll tell you some of the shit i saw over seas so you can rest easy at night.

My grandfather was in the 82nd Airborne (All Americans...I can only imagine the shit he saw/was part of) in World War II and jumped into pre-occupied France. My uncle was in the middle of the action in Vietnam and I have friends and family who have been to Iraq and Afghanistan. I've heard some "stories". No more are needed to appreciate what the troops do.:usa:

Did you say beer?:chug:

| Powered by Satan |
04-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Funk you ross

time for more millers + laughing at bracket racers

supernova1972
04-19-2012, 01:50 PM
I grew up in farm country so I dealt with this a lot. All the rich kids had daddy buy them a $40k pickup and they went and rolled smoke on people. Only happened to me personally once and I took care of it. Never happened to me again after that. One guy smoked a couple of my buddies on bikes one day and they followed him to his work and had a nice conversation with him about respect for other drivers lol.

I'd rather deal with a Honda ricer driving like an idiot than someone throwing dirty smoke all over my clean cars, let alone while I'm riding. Thats an instant mirror break there if you would smoke me while riding.

Stinger22009
04-19-2012, 09:45 PM
I was sprayed with black smoke a couple of weeks ago while walking out of a gas station. The guy in the truck started it up and it sprayed smoke as I was walking in front of his friend. Not sure if he was f'ng with his friend and hitting me on accident or what.

I just hate the guys with trucks around here that think they're hot ****.

wav3form
04-19-2012, 09:59 PM
I was sprayed with black smoke a couple of weeks ago while walking out of a gas station. The guy in the truck started it up and it sprayed smoke as I was walking in front of his friend. Not sure if he was f'ng with his friend and hitting me on accident or what.

I just hate the guys with trucks around here that think they're hot ****.

In my area a lot of the diesel guys are straight up shit heads with their mall crawlers. If it's a diesel with semi-style stacks then it's a 100% douche bag automatically. In your case it may have been an accident but think about it, why would someone want to do that to their friend?

TransAmWS.6
04-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah, they get on my nerves sometimes with that, kid up at my college likes to roll around the school all day in his 100" lifted Mega Cab Cummins with Rockstars smoking people out. Also, it's kind of unsettling to see those trucks speeding and weaving in and out of traffic, way too big for that.

thunderstruck507
04-20-2012, 09:51 AM
In my area a lot of the diesel guys are straight up shit heads with their mall crawlers. If it's a diesel with semi-style stacks then it's a 100% douche bag automatically.

:nod::judge:

A couple of them here have stacks that are literally so wide they look like chrome trash cans. The guy was a dick smoking people out all night so I threw my Sonic wrappers and cup into them after he parked. I left before he started it again, wonder if there was any amusement there...

-Ross-
04-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Stacks are gay 99.99% of the time.

You know what's more annoying than a diesel that occasionally smokes?
An F-Body owned by a douche bag who has decided it's cool to have the loudest car in town. Noise at 750rpm? He's got you covered. Noise at 1500rpm? He's got you covered. Noise at 5000rpm? He's got you covered. Noise under any type of acceleration? That fucking douche bag has got you covered!

94ss06gxp
04-20-2012, 10:36 AM
why are douchebags just such douchebags?

-Ross-
04-20-2012, 10:40 AM
why are douchebags just such douchebags?

I think it has something to do with them being douchebags. Let me google it and I'll get back with you.

bboyferal
04-20-2012, 11:31 AM
I don't like any douchebag, but I have to agree with some of you. I'll take an F-body douchebag or a Honda douchebag any day over a diesel douchebag.

The others just annoy with noise, but the douchebag in the diesel makes it so I can't see. I don't want any of that shit on my car either, nor do I want my little boy breathing that shit in when we're walking into Publix and they spray everybody walking... Hands down the diesel douchebags are the worst.

2002_Z28_Six_Speed
04-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Stacks and headlights that are in everyones' eyes!Then they go and put the super bright bulbs in and have no idea why everyone is flashing them at night. :bang::bang::bang::bang:

wav3form
04-20-2012, 11:47 AM

An F-Body owned by a douche bag who has decided it's cool to have the loudest car in town. Noise at 750rpm? He's got you covered. Noise at 1500rpm? He's got you covered. Noise at 5000rpm? He's got you covered. Noise under any type of acceleration? That fucking douche bag has got you covered!

I think the Harley tards are more annoying than the diesel bros. Way more of them in my town than f-bodies.

-Ross-
04-20-2012, 12:51 PM
I think the Harley tards are more annoying than the diesel bros. Way more of them in my town than f-bodies.

Good point.

supernova1972
04-20-2012, 02:13 PM

Good point.

Those aren't douchebags, those are fags...

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t326/supeova1972/HarleyFags.jpg

1ltcap
04-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Yesterday I was on my way home from work. I pulled up to a red light, and in front of me was a huge diesel truck. The car next to him had two teenage girls in it with their windows down. When the light turned green, he took off and dumped the black smoke all in their car.

As we drove, I stayed behind him. I guess he saw me, because he started hitting the gas pedal multiple times. When I wouldn't race him, he put on his wipers with fluid, so it would hit my car... Over and over. I stayed behind him though. After a few minutes, I went one lane over, because my turn was coming up. I guess he though I wanted to race, because he them proceeded to weave in and out of traffic with his monstrous truck. I pray a cop got him.

So what's with some of the diesel owners out here? I didn't realize how much of an ass some of them are.

YOU'LL FIND assholes like that behind the wheel of virtually everything on the road.

metalmilitia606
04-20-2012, 02:18 PM
This thread is almost as good as the why are svt owners a**holes thread. Fail.

xfactor_pitbulls
04-20-2012, 02:26 PM
There is a video of a couple guys stop a girl and ask if she smokes. She says yes I do and she disappears in a black cloud...

Say what you will. That is a funny video.

BIG BAD BLACKSS
04-22-2012, 09:01 AM
I saw some funny shit a few weeks ago. This dude is a big ass ford deisel pulled up next to an up tight dude in a prius and sprayed him with black smoke. I was laughin my ass of and he did it a few times

Any prius is automatically fair game. Note the bumper sticker. lol I don't go around smoking people out for fun ever. Well, other then if I see a prius. I do screw with those.

(Stacks were on it when I bought it, I wouldn't have added them but I'm also not gonna pull them off)
http://i40.tinypic.com/35itbty.jpg

BIG BAD BLACKSS
04-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Thats an instant mirror break there if you would smoke me while riding.

I ride to, and would hate that.... but a guy on one of the local forums was run down and killed by an illegal in a car after a road rage incident with him on a bike. Just something to keep in mind while your riding. Your extremely vulnerable on a motorcycle.

bboyferal
04-22-2012, 11:34 AM
My sister drives a Prius... I would LOVE to see some guy fucking with her on the road for no reason other than that she drives a Prius. We'd see who's the bigger douchebag right away.

sw07gt
04-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Modded diesel's have the largest percentage of ricer owners of anyone around here. Hate those mother fuckers.

BrntWS6
04-22-2012, 12:23 PM
There are times I would just love to flash my gun at certain people, not point it at them but just let them see it so they know I'm not fucking around.

Arctic_Z
04-22-2012, 02:36 PM

Personally I think pickups are the worst. Seems like every truck I see anymore has straight pipes.. I hate when I'm behind a truck that sounds like it's going 100 and popping when I'm barely going 25 behind it..

supernova1972
04-22-2012, 02:47 PM
Any prius is automatically fair game. Note the bumper sticker. lol I don't go around smoking people out for fun ever. Well, other then if I see a prius. I do screw with those.

This makes you a giant douchebag. My girlfriend drives a Prius. I would love for you to come smoke me while I'm driving it sometime.

BOBS99SS
04-22-2012, 03:47 PM
some internet tuff guys in this thread lol

bboyferal
04-22-2012, 04:11 PM
It ain't being a tough guy to point to that there'd be hell to pay if you got smoked out for absolutely nothing or for the choice of car a loved one drives...

In Miami, it's already happened once to me when I was walking with my son, and that guy regrets it now. He will not be smoking out anyone walking in a parking lot anymore after I spoke with him.

I can imagine that there are many other cities where these diesel douchebags are doing this for fun to people too, unprovoked, but they haven't fucked with the right person yet. Speaking for myself, I am the farthest thing from a tuff guy. I'm sure Supernova1972 doesnt talk unnecessary shit either. I'm extremely quiet and very respectful to others. I keep to myself and don't fuck with other people, but this shit doesn't fly with me if I'm with my loved ones, especially with psychos on the road. Even if all I could get is a tag, they'd be answering for that one way or another.

Calling out a douchebag and the fact that such a scenario wouldn't be okay doesn't make you a "tuff guy" IMO.

CaptainDirtymax
04-22-2012, 04:21 PM
i usually won't even smoke Prius'. i only really smoke people who really piss me off.

the first one was some ricer punk who called my little sister a whore. his CRX was already low, and my pipe aims up just a little bit. soot straight to his face. never heard a word from him again.

the second was a Prius owner who decided to start preaching how i was killing the environment. normally i would just laugh at them and be on my way, but this shit head followed me for 18 miles to keep his preaching going. i put it in 5th, switched to the smoke tune, held the brake to pace him and let him have hell. i didn't stop until i couldn't see his car anymore.

| Powered by Satan |
04-22-2012, 05:50 PM
:hail:

http://i.imgur.com/z7bBb.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYbG9EG0ukc

| Powered by Satan |
04-22-2012, 05:52 PM
if i didn't have an automatic and the fact they just aren't good on the motor, i love the lope tunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5LXK4FNeho

Guitar
04-22-2012, 05:56 PM
So you're a douche, got it.

00fastta
04-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Big truck, low I. Q.

A few years out from a Ph.D. in electrical engineering and used to work for Cummins. Now looking into buying a diesel truck fairly soon. Not all assumptions are correct, but there are just too many people out there that abuse these machines and have them do what they are not designed to do.

supernova1972
04-22-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm no internet tough guy at all. I find it very humorous when guys do that kind of thing. I just know how I handle situations like that in real life. Hence why I didn't say "I'm a badass Id kill you if you did that!!!11". I said what I did, and meant it. Handling a situation where someone does something stupid to you for the hell of it is called being a man, not being a badass.

X-ray
04-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Hmmm, not sure about the lopey diesel. I love the way diesel engines sound, I love the Komatsu FD45 I use at work, but I think big cams sound better in a V8 :D

| Powered by Satan |
04-22-2012, 07:42 PM
So you're a douche, got it.

:jest: sureeeeee, although unlike you I have people of value on this forum vouch for me IRL of my outstanding and beautiful personality. Come down to houston and bring that 4th gen to get drug.

i'll run it from a dig in the diesel or the fox.

Guitar
04-22-2012, 07:44 PM
I don't have a vette, nice edit though. Guess those stunna shades block your vision.

1ltcap
04-22-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm no internet tough guy at all. I find it very humorous when guys do that kind of thing. I just know how I handle situations like that in real life. Hence why I didn't say "I'm a badass Id kill you if you did that!!!11". I said what I did, and meant it. Handling a situation where someone does something stupid to you for the hell of it is called being a man, not being a badass.

bolded....you're living in the past. what you're describing is called being a bully nowadays.

supernova1972
04-23-2012, 12:58 AM
bolded....you're living in the past. what you're describing is called being a bully nowadays.

Lol. So when somebody comes next to me, be it in my girlfriends car, a Prius, or on my bike, and covers me in black smoke just to mess with me, and I handle the situation, I'm a bully? Not the guy being a dick for the hell of it?

Sorry. I was raised by a real man, and taught how to be a real man. You respect other people and other peoples property, when you are an asshole, you get treated like an asshole. I'm the nicest guy you could ever meet and would do anything for people who are nice to meas well, anyone who knows me would say I'm far from a "bully". I'm just a redneck raised by good old boys who stand up to the bullies. :usa:

bboyferal
04-23-2012, 08:27 AM
Lol. So when somebody comes next to me, be it in my girlfriends car, a Prius, or on my bike, and covers me in black smoke just to mess with me, and I handle the situation, I'm a bully? Not the guy being a dick for the hell of it?

It makes absolutely no sense, and I think the poster just completely misinterpreted something to have made that point. It's ridiculous... lol, you step up to some dumbass harrassing, even temporarily blinding on the road, you or a loved one completely unprovoked, and then that makes you the bully instead of the douchebag in the diesel... That makes zero sense.

-Ross-
04-23-2012, 08:55 AM
It makes absolutely no sense, and I think the poster just completely misinterpreted something to have made that point. It's ridiculous... lol, you step up to some dumbass harrassing, even temporarily blinding on the road, you or a loved one completely unprovoked, and then that makes you the bully instead of the douchebag in the diesel... That makes zero sense.

I think he may have been being sarcastic.

I just E-Black Smoked everyone in this thread!!!

http://image.dieselpowermag.com/f/38805375/1111dp_06+drive_to_win+chevy_blowing_black_smoke.j pg

madskater5
04-23-2012, 11:13 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Not a fan in real life, but that was funny

madskater5
04-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Weird...almost looks like it says something in the smoke...

I think he may have been being sarcastic.

I just E-Black Smoked everyone in this thread!!!

Stinger22009
04-25-2012, 12:25 AM
In my area a lot of the diesel guys are straight up shit heads with their mall crawlers. If it's a diesel with semi-style stacks then it's a 100% douche bag automatically. In your case it may have been an accident but think about it, why would someone want to do that to their friend?

I'd do it to my friend...Lol. Maybe he was meaning to do it to me, though. I don't know.

I've made too many assumptions in my life. Sometimes i'm right. Sometimes it's just me looking too deep into things just because I get pissed off too easily.

I was picked on a lot in school (Lot of fights. Won most of em. Lol.), so i'm always thinking "Is he laughing at me?" and **** wherever I go.

I've gotten into a few confrontations over stuff like this and it turned out that I was just over thinking things.

No reason to get my ass kicked over smoke unless I know for sure, ya know?

78novacaine
04-25-2012, 01:41 AM

I wouldn't say 100%, just 99% :lol: I know of a couple guys here in Houston with some badass diesels that do have stacks, but they are designed to make max power, not just having them cuz it looks cool, and both are pretty much straight race trucks that might see a little street time here and there.

1c62nv
04-25-2012, 01:51 AM
Had punk ass kid do that to me at a light. I had the top off my Vette and he filled me full of smoke.The next stop just happened to be the store and there he was. He was so stirred up when I pulled in that he opened the door to be a badass and got knocked down by his own monster truck. You see he put it in reverse and not park. Needless to say the truck came to rest against the gas pump island and the DB owner looked like a total FOOL. I just walked right passed him and went about my business.

-Ross-
04-25-2012, 10:01 AM
You guys do know that a lot of the competitive diesel drag racing / sled pulling competitions require the exhaust to exit upwards? Some of those "douche bags" with stacks (probably a very small percent of them) may race/pull competitively on a regular basis. The stacks are warranted in that case.

willizm
04-25-2012, 10:12 AM
Weird...almost looks like it says something in the smoke...

:lol:

SSCamaro99_3
04-25-2012, 03:08 PM
You guys do know that a lot of the competitive diesel drag racing / sled pulling competitions require the exhaust to exit upwards? Some of those "douche bags" with stacks (probably a very small percent of them) may race/pull competitively on a regular basis. The stacks are warranted in that case.

I remember in the other thread a few guys mentioned they run the stacks to at least vent whatever soot they can above most cars, which makes sense. However all the stacks I have seen look to be about a foot in diameter, I mean freaking huge. I would think something tastefully done in the 4-5 in range would get the soot up and out, and not look like two trash cans sticking up past the cab.

bad2000z
04-25-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm soo glad somebody made a thread about this. Remember how annoying ricers were like 6-7 years ago? Every civic had a fart can, they tried to race EVERYBODY, drove like fucking retards. Diesel truck owners are the new ricers.

JIBBBY
04-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Ever drive behind a Mercedes 300D? Owners of those cars I want to shoot in the head!!!

Not a 300D but still blows farts out like no other car made..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9gJrR7anL0&feature=related]

GOT SMOKE?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0lHrm70tWw&feature=endscreen&NR=1

BIG BAD BLACKSS
04-25-2012, 08:57 PM

That was the case with my truck, it was built like crazy by one of the DTT Diesel guys. His personal truck. Ended up swapping a stock motor back into it when he decided to build his new common rail and the stacks get left behind. I like em so they stayed, and I do smoke people out when they piss me off. I also hate every prius on principle, don't really smoke em out for shits and giggles though.

Just fun watching everyone's panties bunch up all crazy on here. Too many diesel haters that don't know two things about the motors.

LS-ONE_DAY
04-25-2012, 11:14 PM
Because Race(truck) :jest:

We have a lot of diesel owners around here. Most of them are ok besides some of those younger rich kids who only got their trucks because of daddy. I'm not really good friends with any of them but we get along well enough and they're all friends so I've never been smoked out but I worry about it.

I go to college in the Baltimore metro area, not many lifted diesel trucks around, but I'm friends with one of the guys I went to school with that had one. He's really considerate when driving although he will smoke a prius if he sees one, but only if the windows are up. The only time he does it when someone has their windows down is if it's a ricer being an ass.

He wants to race my car, maybe I'll line up on the left side since the exhaust exits on the right and give him a run.

madskater5
04-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Too many diesel haters that don't know two things about the motors.

That has nothing to do with this thread, we are talking about the majority of DB drivers, not the minority of everyday enthusiasts. Where I live, there are PLENTY who wanna make smoke,so they get the tuner, and then try to turn this place into the next smog capital of the US.

madskater5
04-26-2012, 07:28 AM
:lol:

See what I did there? hahahaha

Wolfsblut
04-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Too many diesel haters that don't know two things about the motors.
It's not about diesel Trucks, it's about a lot/some/few (depending where you live) idiot diesel truck _drivers_!

Just look at the thread title.

bboyferal
04-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Just fun watching some diesel truck owners get their skirts so wound up on here crazy that they misinterpret threads and even misinterpret posts... Hell, some probably shot in here the second they saw the word diesel popping a boner and they didn't even read anything else.

Too many diesel lovers that think people really give a fuck or two about their trucks or that it has something to do with their trucks in the first place. It is they who are the source of ridicule and/or amusement.

Jon5212
04-26-2012, 11:20 AM
^^^ Same amount of people could give a f*** about your f-body as well. I like both LS motors and diesels as they both of followings and performance.

wav3form
04-26-2012, 12:13 PM
I love how the diesel bros are coming completely unhinged! They're gonna be rollin' coal double time this weekend driving to the mall!

-Ross-
04-26-2012, 12:14 PM
I bet half the whiners in this thread run around the streets with Longtube headers, no cats and some aftermarket loud catback exhaust. Yeah. That's not annoying to 99% of the people you share the road with.

That's ok, but a diesel truck pushing out a little smoke every once in awhile is the end of the world.

Like I said before, I only smoke out losers who ride my ass in traffic. And, yes. Diesel ricers are annoying idiots.

thegodfather899
04-26-2012, 12:21 PM
interesting how the thread somehow got twisted to diesel vs f bodies??

bboyferal
04-26-2012, 01:26 PM
^^^ Same amount of people could give a f*** about your f-body as well. I like both LS motors and diesels as they both of followings and performance.

Thanks for proving my point.

Since you're a bright one, you know this thead is about neither.

It's not about their engines, it's not about how their motors work, it's not about the cool diesel truck owners, it's not about F-body's, etc.

The thread is about douchebags and what some of these douchebags who own diesel trucks do with the trucks.

And again, it's amusing watching some of them blindly spiral into confusion about what the thread and some posts are actually about since they are just jumping on the word "diesel," talking about how cool the engines are, etc. Yes they are cool... Really cool... Some people don't really care, and it's a good thing "how cool diesel trucks are" is not the thread topic or many of would really be in the wrong place, huh?

'WHEELS'
04-26-2012, 01:45 PM
the worst thing about diesel trucks is the owners actually think they're fast...

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8435/trollba.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/trollba.jpg/)

bboyferal
04-28-2012, 01:18 PM
^^^ lol, got me for a second.

Ugh... The whole LT and loudmouth example...

Yes, if an F-body owner had LT's and no muffler and purposefully got in front of cars redlining for a minute straight, he'd be a douchebag too... Even though the cars' drivers could still see.

Obvious.

So... The diesel douchebags smoking people for nothing are still douchebags... I hope diesel owners are not so disingenuous as to still whine the "But LT's on the highway are annoying too!" platitude... Yes, we know... But an F-body running LT's cruising the highway at 1.75k rpm is not the end of the word... A diesel faggot smoking an entire car and its area simply because of that particular car's make and model is a bit different here, my sharp friends.

2002_Z28_Six_Speed
04-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Because Race(truck) :jest:

We have a lot of diesel owners around here. Most of them are ok besides some of those younger rich kids who only got their trucks because of daddy. I'm not really good friends with any of them but we get along well enough and they're all friends so I've never been smoked out but I worry about it.

I go to college in the Baltimore metro area, not many lifted diesel trucks around, but I'm friends with one of the guys I went to school with that had one. He's really considerate when driving although he will smoke a prius if he sees one, but only if the windows are up. The only time he does it when someone has their windows down is if it's a ricer being an ass.

He wants to race my car, maybe I'll line up on the left side since the exhaust exits on the right and give him a run.

Well sorry to say that your friend is kind of a douche and potentially endangering other peoples' lives by degrading visibility. What if someone crashes into a car due to the smoke or hits a pedestrian?

That is the kind of shit cops should be writing tickets for.

why87
04-29-2012, 12:47 AM
There's two types of diesel truck drivers. 1.) Those who buy them for legitimate reasons (farm/work trucks, hauling campers/boats/cars etc) 2. The douches that want to blow black smoke everywhere and be "country". Unfortunately where I live there are a lot of number 2s; this past summer I was heading to the county fair (it was a nice day, had the tops off and windows down) and a tool in a newer f350 thought it was cool to pull beside me and "roll coal" and preceeded to do the same thing about 5 times. Unfortunately the guy cut some people off and made it through a red light that I did not and have yet to see him again. The area I live in is home to a lot of guys like this; hell even the bigger cities are now too.

PontiacPOWA
04-29-2012, 05:26 PM
A few years out from a Ph.D. in electrical engineering and used to work for Cummins. Now looking into buying a diesel truck fairly soon. Not all assumptions are correct, but there are just too many people out there that abuse these machines and have them do what they are not designed to do.

Well said man. I know a few guys that own and drive diesel trucks that never hauled anything in the bed or on a trailer. These trucks were designed to be work horses, not race cars. Frankly, a turbo diesel 1 ton truck is total overkill for driving to the grocery store or church on sundays.

LS69TA
04-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Had one doing the same thing to me Friday, a 3/4 ton Dodge blowing smoke and gassing it coming up behind me. I had just washed the boat and was heading home. Came to a stop light and he took off, guess he was surprised when my 1/2 ton stayed beside him with a boat & trailer hooked up. I came up to my turn and slowed down and he had to gas it again after I turned.

bboyferal
04-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Well sorry to say that your friend is kind of a douche and potentially endangering other peoples' lives by degrading visibility. What if someone crashes into a car due to the smoke or hits a pedestrian?

That is the kind of shit cops should be writing tickets for.

Apparently, enveloping cars with smoke is only as much of a nuisance as having LT's on an F-body or a fart can on a Honda to some diesel truck owners it seems, the "Hey, well other people do X" platitude. However, these concerns of yours are not concerns to a douchebag obviously.

Jon5212
04-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Had one doing the same thing to me Friday, a 3/4 ton Dodge blowing smoke and gassing it coming up behind me. I had just washed the boat and was heading home. Came to a stop light and he took off, guess he was surprised when my 1/2 ton stayed beside him with a boat & trailer hooked up. I came up to my turn and slowed down and he had to gas it again after I turned.

Thats because it was a cummins :) haha Ross won't like that.

-Ross-
04-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Thats because it was a cummins :) haha Ross won't like that.

Nah. I've beat the shit out of modded V8 GM gas powered trucks (not pulling boats) before, so I know what's up.

bboyferal,

Someone must have smoked you real good at some point for you to have that much hate. I just don't see 99 out of 100 modded diesel trucks dumping enough smoke to impair someone's driving vision behind them...especially at highway speeds, therefor I view diesel ricers as a nuisance. I also view loud ass no cat having f-bodies, mustangs, imports, etc nuisances. That is why I made the comparision.

-Ross-
04-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Well said man. I know a few guys that own and drive diesel trucks that never hauled anything in the bed or on a trailer. These trucks were designed to be work horses, not race cars. Frankly, a turbo diesel 1 ton truck is total overkill for driving to the grocery store or church on sundays.

Yep. A person doesn't "need" a diesel truck if they don't pull heavy loads just like you don't "need" an LS2/T56 equipped 1969 GTO when the original engine/transmission was capable of getting you from "Point A to Point B". However, they/you certainly "want" what they/you have.

By your logic, most Ferrari and Lambo owners shouldn't own their cars, because they don't spend every single weekend at a racetrack.

Jon5212
04-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Nah. I've beat the shit out of modded V8 GM gas powered trucks (not pulling boats) before, so I know what's up.

bboyferal,

Someone must have smoked you real good at some point for you to have that much hate. I just don't see 99 out of 100 modded diesel trucks dumping enough smoke to impair someone's driving vision behind them...especially at highway speeds, therefor I view diesel ricers as a nuisance. I also view loud ass no cat having f-bodies, mustangs, imports, etc nuisances. That is why I made the comparision.

Yeah I don't have any problems beating up on a gas truck either :)

LS69TA
04-30-2012, 07:36 PM

bboyferal,

Mine is a 05 Dodge QC 4x4 Hemi. Semi-modded.

Wolfsblut
05-01-2012, 12:50 PM
By your logic, most Ferrari and Lambo owners shouldn't own their cars, because they don't spend every single weekend at a racetrack.

these cars exist purely to separate rich idiots from their money. Every time one crashes, it has achieved its goal ;) ;)

bboyferal
05-01-2012, 01:47 PM

bboyferal,

Ross, I'm pretty sure you'll agree how a guy smoking my car on purpose is going to make him a bigger douchebag than a guy rev'ing his Honda with a fart can on purpose... One guy, I can turn up the radio. The other guy, I have to change lanes and if I am in my Trans Am (which has not had a spot of rain touch it in 8 years), I would literally shit a brick. Thank God that has not happened.

A diesel smoking along is a nuisance, as an F-Body with LT's or a Honda with a fart can driving along is. A diesel, with his exhaust pointed at the car, smoking another car on purpose, is a bit more than a nuisance, Ross. It would be the equivalent of me doing a burnout in front of the car behind me at a light to annoy him on purpose. An F-body with LT's driving along cannot be compared to a diesel smoking another car ON PURPOSE.

As far as personal hate, it's not hate but there is a story. Interestingly, I did get smoked but not while in my car. I was walking with my son (4 years old), and we got smoked BAD, including other angry pedestrians in a shopping plaza parking lot. In the truck were two dumbasses, one driving, one filming, and both laughing. Two pedestrians and I ran after the truck, and because of a car pulling out of a spot, he couldn't get away and starting shitting bricks. I told the guy to get the fuck out of the car to talk and get some kind of apology, and he refused to roll down the window. One guy with us took it seriously and threw a milkshake all along the side of the car. It got ugly. The driver tried to open the door to hit me with it, which he did, and I kicked the door back on him and he started screaming because of his leg. Security calmed all of us down, but the guy's lucky he didn't get worse after I had to see my little boy couging in a cloud of smoke.

Of course, this is an EXTREME douchebag, not like the ones we're discussing... But you brought it up.

Point is, people who drive diesels and smoke another car on purpose to envelop it in smoke are a bit more nuisance than a Honda with a loud exhaust if you fairly want to compare them I'm sure you'll agree.

-Ross-
05-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Ross, I'm pretty sure you'll agree how a guy smoking my car on purpose is going to make him a bigger douchebag than a guy rev'ing his Honda with a fart can on purpose... One guy, I can turn up the radio. The other guy, I have to change lanes and if I am in my Trans Am (which has not had a spot of rain touch it in 8 years), I would literally shit a brick. Thank God that has not happened.

A diesel smoking along is a nuisance, as an F-Body with LT's or a Honda with a fart can driving along is. A diesel, with his exhaust pointed at the car, smoking another car on purpose, is a bit more than a nuisance, Ross. It would be the equivalent of me doing a burnout in front of the car behind me at a light to annoy him on purpose. An F-body with LT's driving along cannot be compared to a diesel smoking another car ON PURPOSE.

As far as personal hate, it's not hate but there is a story. Interestingly, I did get smoked but not while in my car. I was walking with my son (4 years old), and we got smoked BAD, including other angry pedestrians in a shopping plaza parking lot. In the truck were two dumbasses, one driving, one filming, and both laughing. Two pedestrians and I ran after the truck, and because of a car pulling out of a spot, he couldn't get away and starting shitting bricks. I told the guy to get the fuck out of the car to talk and get some kind of apology, and he refused to roll down the window. One guy with us took it seriously and threw a milkshake all along the side of the car. It got ugly. The driver tried to open the door to hit me with it, which he did, and I kicked the door back on him and he started screaming because of his leg. Security calmed all of us down, but the guy's lucky he didn't get worse after I had to see my little boy couging in a cloud of smoke.

Of course, this is an EXTREME douchebag, not like the ones we're discussing... But you brought it up.

Point is, people who drive diesels and smoke another car on purpose to envelop it in smoke are a bit more nuisance than a Honda with a loud exhaust if you fairly want to compare them I'm sure you'll agree.

Yeah. Smoking out pedestrians is just plain stupid. If it was someone you know, it might be funny, but doing that to strangers (especially kids) is just wrong.

I don't know though. Japanese ricer cars with fart cans take the cake in my book. Hell, even the sound of diesel trucks with no muffler and catalytic converter bother me more than one that smokes through a clean sounding exhaust. I guess I'm more irritated by sound.
Add obnoxious amounts of smoke to a no exhaust having diesel (6.0 Powerstrokes and older 24v Dodges bother me the most) and we have a winner. Annoying Bastard of the Day!

Coy
05-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Annoying Bastard of the Day!

:jest:

78novacaine
05-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Yeah. Smoking out pedestrians is just plain stupid. If it was someone you know, it might be funny, but doing that to strangers (especially kids) is just wrong.

I don't know though. Japanese ricer cars with fart cans take the cake in my book. Hell, even the sound of diesel trucks with no muffler and catalytic converter bother me more than one that smokes through a clean sounding exhaust. I guess I'm more irritated by sound.
Add obnoxious amounts of smoke to a no exhaust having diesel (6.0 Powerstrokes and older 24v Dodges bother me the most) and we have a winner. Annoying Bastard of the Day!

Or you could use ASoTW :lol: (Annoying Shithead of The Week)

GTOSE
05-01-2012, 04:56 PM
LS1tech vs. Ross. lol.

People do it all the time around here, I don't associate them with people who own nice clean diesels. I just associate them with morons that want attention, it is funny watching those things try to get around me on the on ramp.

| Powered by Satan |
05-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Ross is a pussay

HiPsiSRT
07-02-2012, 09:07 PM
I though I was the only one who laughs at diesel trucks. I like them I drive a duramax and sum power strokes at work. They are not fast,maybe if your used to walkin it may seem fast.hope I didn't offend anyone ,if I did I'm sorry.my wife even hates them they try to race her procharged 2v gt all the time.

'WHEELS'
07-02-2012, 11:20 PM
While this is bumped... Was driving next to this massive brand new cummins ram in Huntington beach today, of course the guy was from Texas, and had some badass metal mulisha wheels (lol)..

From EVERY god damn stop light the guy was going balls out smoking everybody out, only to have to slam on his brakes to avoid rear ending somebody every time. I've never seen a bigger douche bag in my existence.

GTOSE
07-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Has to be Ross.

Gaunt
07-03-2012, 12:01 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7138/7491322604_c4bd3ee144_o.jpg

'WHEELS'
07-03-2012, 12:22 AM
It was a black truck... I blame Ross.

-Ross-
07-03-2012, 09:27 AM
LOL

bairn na nair nair nairna nairna nair nair nair na! (General Lee Horn)

http://image.automotive.com/f/eventcoverage/9735723+pheader/129_0505_03_z+2004_4wheel_jamboree+dodge_diesel_sm oke.jpg

http://picrocker.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/vin-diesel-meme.jpg

Killjoy32
07-03-2012, 05:40 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7138/7491322604_c4bd3ee144_o.jpg

Priceless.

xxKennyDxx
07-03-2012, 10:25 PM
LOL

http://picrocker.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/vin-diesel-meme.jpg

Hahahah, that's great man!

Yeah, we have a bunch of these types here. Flooring it 24/7. But hey, to each their own...right?..... :chug:

-Ross-
07-10-2012, 02:25 PM
I sold my truck yesterday. Can I be yours guyz's friend?

'WHEELS'
07-10-2012, 02:32 PM
ross, THIS IS GREAT NEWS.

bandit1transam01
08-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Theres a gang of cummins diesels in my town that are all lifted, have blue lights, stacks or a trashcan wide exhaust pipe hanging out the back, CB radios, and the big cummins C on the back window. They think they are the hottest things around, smoking the streets and weaving in and out of traffic like they are being filmed as the cast to a new fast and furious movie.

Yesterday I was picking up my little sister from school and a big white cummins was at a stoplight several cars ahead of me. I could see him looking at me in his mirrors and he started reving and as the light turned green he floored it and smoked out every car behind him at the intersection including me. Then he starts weaving all over the street puffing smoke the whole time just trying to show me how tough his truck is. Everytime I see him, he can be in the oppossite lane going the other way and he will "roal coal" and weave when he see's my car.... RIDICULOUS! My suggestion for him is to take his truck and drive it off a cliff with himself behind the wheel.

ArkBird96
08-30-2012, 07:13 PM
The other day I was driving home in my SS on the interstate MMOB in the slow lane and all of a sudden, a dodge/cummins truck pulling AT LEAST a 20' trailer gives me the ricer flyby, blowing smoke the whole way :huh:

I knew it was intentional because he revved at me.

I don't understand it. It's bad enough that he gave me the ricer flyby when I wasn't doing anything to warrant it, but if that trailer had gotten away from him, he would have been in deep :turd: not to mention running me off the road!

Where are these people's brains? :bang:

Slash8915
08-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Damn, this thread is still going? Lol.

DisasterFormula
08-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Some shit head the other day kept blowing smoke at me. I was maintaining a safe driving distance between us. Get to a stop light and there's a car in front of him in his lane alongside me. So, 4k clutch dump means he said bye bye and all his smoke went on nobody.

'WHEELS'
08-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Where there's smoke there's Ross. That's what I always say.

SS RRR
08-30-2012, 10:48 PM
... I was doing 5 over, and starts tailgating me. So I decided to to do five under, set the cruise control at 40.
Never understood this. Why not just let people like that pass if they want to go faster? Seems everyone these days are always jockeying for control over others.

mjs1012
08-30-2012, 11:08 PM
I will admit driving a big loud diesel truck is fun lol.

6898camaross
08-31-2012, 12:35 AM
I will admit driving a big loud diesel truck is fun lol.

Not really.

cam
08-31-2012, 02:56 AM
Them Dodge fuckos.....:gay:

-Ross-
08-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Them Dodge fuckos.....:gay:

Them faggot Canadians.

SS RRR
09-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Wish I was driving so I could take a pic, but riding the bike and noticed a diesel with an eight inch tailpipe behind the back wheel. Wouldn't of been so bad if it was tucked nicely, but judging by the length of the pipe it looked to be a stack that had been "converted." Ricer rednecks...

Funny story. Last winter while at a gas station I was filling up and it was about 30* outside. Huge diesel comes rolling up. Had all the redneck/no fear bullshit stickers on the back window. Dude jumps out, starts the pump and immediately hops back into the truck like a lady. I was amused.

PedaltoMetal
09-02-2012, 01:36 AM
There are those of us that enjoy the sound, low end power, and fuel mileage of a Diesel. (When compared to an 05 GMC 6.0 gas 2500 4x4 that I had). It's nice to be able to carry a decent load and not have to downshift when climbing a hill at 65mph. Unfortunately, living in Kentucky, there's plenty of other diesel drivers that give the rest of us a bad reputation and makes me a firm believer that some are compensating for something. Which is why I try to do my part to show that we're not all like that. For example: I use a block heater in the winter instead of letting it idle and I'm easy on it when leaving my neighborhood. It doesn't smoke at all when driving around town, even if I get on it a little. It's all in the driving technique. Not claiming to be a saint but I try to be respectful of other people. Now, when I want to get some "pedaltometal" out of my system, and don't feel like shoehorning my 6'5" 270lb self into the Camaro, there's plenty of back roads with no traffic to turn the tuner up and put the hammer down. Now if I can just get some local Harley riders to do the same.......

-Ross-
09-02-2012, 02:30 AM
There are those of us that enjoy the sound, low end power, and fuel mileage of a Diesel. (When compared to an 05 GMC 6.0 gas 2500 4x4 that I had). It's nice to be able to carry a decent load and not have to downshift when climbing a hill at 65mph. Unfortunately, living in Kentucky, there's plenty of other diesel drivers that give the rest of us a bad reputation and makes me a firm believer that some are compensating for something. Which is why I try to do my part to show that we're not all like that. For example: I use a block heater in the winter instead of letting it idle and I'm easy on it when leaving my neighborhood. It doesn't smoke at all when driving around town, even if I get on it a little. It's all in the driving technique. Not claiming to be a saint but I try to be respectful of other people. Now, when I want to get some "pedaltometal" out of my system, and don't feel like shoehorning my 6'5" 270lb self into the Camaro, there's plenty of back roads with no traffic to turn the tuner up and put the hammer down. Now if I can just get some local Harley riders to do the same.......

This!!!

BlackonBlackTA
09-03-2012, 09:35 AM
I was walking into the blueberry festival yesterday, and a tool in a ragged out cummins wanted to show everyone how cool he was. Laid enough smoke in 2 blocks that you could literally not seem him. Not sure why fucks like that have to cover a bunch of people walking into a festival in smoke.

02sslayer
09-05-2012, 03:04 AM
Man, I had an '83 GMC Jimmy with a 6.2 litre diesel and I loved that rig. It was gutless but I had a nice exhaust on it with turbo mufflers and that thing sounded like a mean gas engine. Plus it got great fuel economy. I swear I used couch change to put in my tank for a couple years back when diesel was cheap I never had more than a 1/4 tank of diesel but it went a long ways

justin455
09-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Funny story. Last winter while at a gas station I was filling up and it was about 30* outside. Huge diesel comes rolling up. Had all the redneck/no fear bullshit stickers on the back window. Dude jumps out, starts the pump and immediately hops back into the truck like a lady. I was amused.

So wait...you're a woman if you get back into the car when pumping fuel and it's below freezing out? Hmm...guess I need to make my first obgyn appointment seeing as how I do this quite a bit and my tank is only 16 gallons, not 7 million gallons like a diesel.

SS RRR
09-05-2012, 02:38 PM
So wait...you're a woman if you get back into the car when pumping fuel and it's below freezing out? Hmm...guess I need to make my first obgyn appointment seeing as how I do this quite a bit and my tank is only 16 gallons, not 7 million gallons like a diesel.
Well yes. If you are going to advertise yourself as one bad motherfucker with no fear/redneck/skull and crossbones/rebel flag stickers and gigantic truck you bet your ass you should stand out in the cold and represent!

-Ross-
09-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Well yes. If you are going to advertise yourself as one bad motherfucker with no fear/redneck/skull and crossbones/rebel flag stickers and gigantic truck you bet your ass you should stand out in the cold and represent!

You should have knocked on his window and told him that. Or, were you "skeered"?

Endersshadow
09-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Never understood this. Why not just let people like that pass if they want to go faster? Seems everyone these days are always jockeying for control over others.

You ride my ass like a fucking asshole I'm going to treat you like one. Slower we go! Keep it up and I will go slower....and slower...andddd slowerrrrr.

SS RRR
09-05-2012, 04:32 PM
You should have knocked on his window and told him that. Or, were you "skeered"?
Absolutely. Guy was massive at like 5'5" and 120lbs.

You ride my ass like a fucking asshole I'm going to treat you like one. Slower we go! Keep it up and I will go slower....and slower...andddd slowerrrrr.
That's fine. Usually you mess up somehow, I end up in front and then you ride my ass screaming and cussing. I then smile as you try desperately to pass me all the while making yourself a complete hazard to be around. Little bit on the hypocritical side, don't you think?
Basically all you are trying to do is control the actions of someone else and take it personally if people don't bow down to your rules of the road. Just let it go and relax.

Endersshadow
09-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Absolutely. Guy was massive at like 5'5" at 120lbs.

That's fine. Usually you mess up somehow, I end up in front and then you ride my ass screaming and cussing. I then smile as you try desperately to pass me all the while making it a complete hazard to be around.
Basically all you are trying to do is control the actions of someone else and take it personally if people don't bow down to your rules of the road. Just let it go and relax.

So it's okay for you to tailgate if I'm "going too slow" for you? If you tried to pass me and nobody was around I'd floor it assuming of course you've been riding my ass like a moron for a bit.

SS RRR
09-05-2012, 04:38 PM
So it's okay for you to tailgate if I'm "going too slow" for you? If you tried to pass me and nobody was around I'd floor it assuming of course you've been riding my ass like a moron for a bit.
Of course. I wouldn't expect anything less from someone trying to control the actions of others. The only scenario I see this is a problem is if you are squatting in the left lane. If there are people behind you going faster, regardless of your speed, get over and let them pass. Once they pass, get back to your squatting. It's just that simple.

Endersshadow
09-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Of course. I wouldn't expect anything less from someone trying to control the actions of others. The only scenario I see this is a problem is if you are squatting in the left lane. If there are people behind you going faster, regardless of your speed, get over and let them pass. Once they pass, get back to your squatting. It's just that simple.

I'm referring to being a on a one lane city street. Not the highway. The left lane is for passing and yes anyone going slow there is an ASSHOLE. Tailgating is illegal. If me doing 7 over is too slow for you maybe you should reconsider your driving habits. I'm not trying to control anyone...I'm just trying to drive like I want to and not have a moron right up my ass because he's in a hurry.

Red Barchetta_98WS6
09-05-2012, 06:15 PM
SS RRR, I agree with every single post you've made here :thumb:

The 'converted stack' is just beautiful...will it ever reach its limit? Stuff your tuff guy blue ball truck nuts in there, lil man.

It is truly about the illusion of control over others in this overcrowded, hypermaterialistic culture into which we have devolved. Passing only to cut back in and exit is another common move to flex that muscle. Racing to the next red light is fun to watch too. I'm really sorry you hate your job, have two unwanted kids out of wedlock, drive a POS vehicle with eBay 'Special Edition' badges glued on it, and have let yourself degrade into a lazy sack from the aforementioned grind...if that one little victory to the red light helps out, then you got it. Oh, the frustrated American male :jest:

We get some pretty cold weather here in the winters (-30F to -40F) and I see the same thing with the 'start pumpin and jump in' but it is most funny when it's the sawed-off, Carhartt-wearing, Copenhagen-chewing kid from the local co-op who spent all his money on the truck and 50 stickers and badges adorning it. Now lower the side step and climb that 5'5", 120 lb. hulking mass back up into that rig. Then, once complete and you've descended to rehang the pump hose, 'roll coal' on the way out to confirm just how bad you are. I'll be over on the fenceline waiting for you to warm your hands and ears. Maybe you can come out when I'm close to done. Careful not to get your Carhartt jacket dirty.

I thought the No Fear, Ain't Skeered trend had subsided most places aside from our little '80s time capsule here in central MT...it appears otherwise. Ugh.

bww3588
09-08-2012, 03:12 PM
:jest:

I used to get a lot of diesel idiots doing that shit to me in my K5. whats really funny is when they try to smoke me out, I wound the little ragged out 240K mile 350 out and blew more smoke than they could ever imagine.

Makes it worth it when they limp away with their tails between their massive stacks.

willizm
09-08-2012, 04:40 PM

Passive aggressive much? I'd imagine that as soon as someone were to pass you legally you'd speed up, am I right? I see that shit all the time, although it's funny to see a truck roll coal to try and stop my walk. When I drive and someone is up my ass I stay the same speed and if they pass i get over to the right most of my lane to allow it although I'm usually the one passing

Endersshadow
09-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Passive aggressive much? I'd imagine that as soon as someone were to pass you legally you'd speed up, am I right? I see that shit all the time, although it's funny to see a truck roll coal to try and stop my walk. When I drive and someone is up my ass I stay the same speed and if they pass i get over to the right most of my lane to allow it although I'm usually the one passing

Not really bud. If you want to pass me and you weren't riding my ass before hand feel free to. But if you were or we are in a no passing zone...It's not happening.

Guitar
09-08-2012, 10:12 PM
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3252666987.html

You might be a diesel douchebag if you post pictures on Craigslist of you smoking people out on a crowded highway.

2002_Z28_Six_Speed
09-08-2012, 10:36 PM

You might be a diesel douchebag if you post pictures on Craigslist of you smoking people out on a crowded highway.

... and parking in which a way to impede other people from using adjacent spots.

justin455
09-09-2012, 12:05 AM

What the fuck? Did he take he take these pictures while stuck in traffic?

STSchepp
09-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Ive never owned a diesel before, but i think some of those drivers aren't trying to be malicious, they're just being stupid kids/adults who don't consider they're actions'effect on others..

And I'm really surprised by the prius-hate... Personally, I'd love for every single commuter in the US to drive a compressed air car if it were possible- more hydrocarbons for those who know how to use 'em;)

SS RRR
09-10-2012, 09:52 AM
I'd take a diesel douchebag over a Prius douchebag any day.

http://youtu.be/CVdMySWfAIQ

And yeah, this is pretty common amongst the mentality of Prius owners. Especially in the HOV lane when they're all alone doing the same speed as traffic in other lanes with a pile of cars behind them...

SS RRR, I agree with every single post you've made here :thumb:
Congrats! In the 16 or more years of being involved in e-mail lists and message boards, you are one of the first! :lol: :thumb: