Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1985 Chevy Silverado 5.3 Build Marks Build...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1985 Chevy Silverado 5.3 Build Marks Build...

Dose any one have a Build Thread on a 1985 Chevy Silverado with a 5.3 with a 4L60E? MY Friend has one he is gone to Build and i am gone to help him do all the Motor Swap and that Kind of stuff after me doing my Nova with an LS1 he thinks i know what i am doing and he is gone to do all the Body Work he Owens a Body Shop so i am sure its gone to have a Sick Paint Job on it at some Point.

I will have some Pic up of the truck and the Donor Truck Tomorrow for you guys.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

project fred on 67-72 chevy truck forms . this thread will have all the info you need.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some pic of the 2 trucks Mark has to start the build with the donor truck and the build truck.

We started the 5.3 in the Donor truck to day and all sounded good Mark said Oil was holding 60 pounds when cold and No check engine light was on. The Donor truck was picked up at a Copart sale for a Good Price and had been Hit if the front so truck had a Salvage title and will make a good Donor truck.

Mark said he is gone to have the Harness repined and the computer from the Donor truck flashed and reuse all the parts we can.

I will have more pic as we start the build right now Mark has his hands full on a 1969 Camaro he is Painting for a customer at his shop. I hope we get to start pulling the motor in the next 3 are 4 weeks and start the build.

Donor Truck

The Build truck.

Quick Reply: 1985 Chevy Silverado 5.3 Build Marks Build...