Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

Anyone have any expeirence welding these guys into an F-Body?
I just picked up a set yesterday and am reading the instructions off the Hotchkis website. Seems pretty straight forward. Does anyone have any input on this? Anything that might be different from the instructions that anyone has ran into? Also how is the performance after they are installed?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Its for structural rigidity your not gonna feel a whole lot. Make sure you know how to lay down a nice bead. if they were to fall off while driving you could create an ancient machine called the catapult and experience a whole new world of g forces u never dreamed of.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Launching!

Yeah absolutely I almost don't care if it looks super pretty underneath. As long as it's held on GOOD.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You'll feel slightly on high bank curves....make sure to penetrate and your gold. Etch primer then spray over. Upgrade both your sway bars you'll really feel it all come together then.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Launching!

Next suspension stuff I'm going to get going on would be the relocation brackets for the control arms as well as springs and shocks. So I'm sure I'll feel a difference with that. I'll post up again here over the weekend after I install them though!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Launching!

You will also want to have the cars weight on the tires when you weld them in as well.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bowtiedad_z28
You will also want to have the cars weight on the tires when you weld them in as well.
So just have the front end jacked up then?

Does anyone know of any videos anyone has ever made putting these in or any type of install threads?
Old 04-19-2012, 11:26 AM
TECH Junkie

The Hotchkis boxed subframe connectors were my first overall modification I ever did for my Camaro way back in the day

Did I feel anything? I'm not really sure. I added these on way back when I didn't know $hit about modifying my car. Didn't matter.. I still had the crappy stock shocks. Basically swaybars, springs, shocks have a lot of effect on handling. Compared to those, subframe connectors have almost no effect on handling.

They do make good jackpoints though. I jack the whole side of my car up 1-2 feet from the middle of the SFCs without any problem.

Quick Reply: Hotchkis Subframe Connectors