Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro and Cons to Mail Order Tune Vs. Dyno Tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pro and Cons to Mail Order Tune Vs. Dyno Tune

Just as the title states, im looking for the pros and cons to going with one of these choices. The most obvious one is price, as a shop will charge 400 but i can get a tune from frost for 200. Ive got a 02 z28 with stock internals, intake and heads but i swapped out the cam going with 232/238 .595/.601 115 lsa. I also added a d1sc @ 8psi with a front mount, 60lb injectors, and 255 walbro. I have stainless works longtubes, no cats and slp loudmouth II. Roughly how much power can i expect using speed density and what could the power differences be between going to shop or doing mail order??? I know thats alot of info but any input is appreciated guys!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mail order tune: Pros (Cheaper and with great tuner comes great results) Cons (May have to send back if something isn't right - mistakes happen & have to wait to be shipped back)

Dyno: Pros (They can dial in your car to maximum potential and make corrections with you present and answer questions for you) Cons: (PRICE!!! Not all dynos have a good rep to gain your expectations)

Quick Reply: Pro and Cons to Mail Order Tune Vs. Dyno Tune