Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Line Routing

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Line Routing

Tried searching an couldn't find anthing good. I am seting my car up for EFI and would like to know the correct way to plumb the system:

1) Pump to 10 micron filter to regulator to fuel rails in series?

2) Pump to 10 micron filter to regulator to fuel rails in parallel?

3) Pump to 10 micron filter to fuel rails in series to regulator?

I am running a return of course. Just not sure whather it is better to have the regulator before or after to rails and if before should the rails be in parallel or series?

This is a Mallory 4305M regulator, instructions don't specify.

Last edited by Seagram's 72; 04-19-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

I'm in the middle of plumbing my fuel lines now so I'll offer a little advice and if anyone disagrees they can reply.

Here's how it should run: Pump to filter to fuel rails to regulator back to tank. You can run either parallel or series. I've read where sponsors have said they've run series on setups of 1000hp before with no problems. I'm personally running parallel to my rails just because it's how I want to run it. Run the regulator after the rails that way you get full fuel flow to the rails and then the regulator will adjust the pressure in the lines afterwards. Check out the thread below post # 84 & 86 help explain the regulator placement. I think towards the end of the thread it talks about the series/parallel question.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...uel-rails.html
Old 04-20-2012, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Thanks, what I am probably going to do is go from my feed to my reg and then to the stock returnless rails for now. This saves me a few $ and time getting my setup going.

Quick Reply: Fuel Line Routing