Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center bolt vs. Perimeter bolt LS1 heads

Old 03-26-2004, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center bolt vs. Perimeter bolt LS1 heads

I have a friend that just purchased an '00 Camaro with a cracked passenger side head (he knew about it before he purchased it), I have a set of Perimeter bolt 806 casting LS1 heads that I was going to use for a project but decided to go another direction so I am giving them to him to fix his car.....we do have a couple of ??'s though

Will the coil packs from the Center bolt heads bolt onto the Perimeter bolt heads or are new '97-'99 coils needed ??....the coils themselves look similar except for the bracket the coils are bolted to on the CB heads

Performance wise is there any difference between 806, 853, and 241 heads ??

My 806 PB heads are complete stock heads (lifters, springs, rockers, valve covers), is there any reason that a direct swap will cause any problems ??, or will we encounter problems during the swap ??

TIA
Al
Old 03-26-2004, 04:49 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the 806 are the worst flowing castings but they get the job done. i dont believe the coil packs are different through out the years so his should just bolt down to the 98 valve cover. all the parts for the 806, 853 and 241 heads are interchangible. only difference as stated is the coil pack mounting system and valve covers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Center bolt vs. Perimeter bolt LS1 heads