Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has this exhaust been done?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Has this exhaust been done?

from the LT's (either through Cats) or staight ORY, to mid-pipe with single pipe over the axle to another Y where there left and right tail pipes are located, place a bullet in each side and immediately followed by the polished tips?

-=-\ example exhaust __===~
\_______________/
/ \
-=-/ \--===~

Cats-ORY-Mid pipe-Ypipe-bullets-tips

My best reference would be use the LM set up w/o SLP muffler and then put bullets on each side to tips.

If you've seen the GPrix and Impala SS set up, the mufflers are attached directly to the tips.

My understanding, the closer the muffler is to the tips, you get better performance.

Any input, thought about trying this?
Old 03-26-2004, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

My diagram got hosed?
Old 03-26-2004, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm, how bout you edit the post, because before I scrolled down to your 2nd post, I looked at your diagram for about 5 minutes and said to my self "what the **** is this" every 30 seconds
Old 03-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand what your saying. But it would be better to use LTs to X pipe, X into 2.5" pipes, running down the pass side, over and out to the bullets on each side. Look at the other thread here with the Duals. Or the same as Speed Inc I believe does a true dual with ATR Bullets.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Everything I tried -- failed. I have a power point but can't import
Old 03-26-2004, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Cat3, I saw the pics, and yes the concept is there. I had bullets in mind instead of the flowmasters. Still very nice setup! I was trying to save the cost of custom and use what is available today with clamps and such.

My thinking was to invest in the LM hardware, sub the muffler pipe with my already installed 3" midpipe and use the LM over the axle and y split, cut the tail pipe and insert the bullets, and weld in the tips.

Cheaper solution, I'll post some pic when i get this done. Maybe my pics will be better than drawing.