Generation III Internal Engine - BBK Manifold 80mm TB

View Full Version : BBK Manifold 80mm TB

chaman
04-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Well folks Im in the market for this manifold possibly in the next few days. Car currently has a Volant CAI ,long tube headers custom Y and a Magnflow CB, also I have an e-cutout. Car has never been tuned but after the headers it feels stronger specially at the top end.

After this new BBK manifold and TB do I need to also tune it? There is no trustable tuners locally althoug I know Frost tunes are availble.

Thanks for any insight you guys can provide!

thegroup
04-21-2012, 10:41 PM
very much so. when i did my FAST 75, the car wouldnt run until i put my superchips tuner back on. then i had frost do the tune and it was night and day on how it ran. wish i would have had him do it in the first place:bang:

99Bluz28
04-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Imo, I'd get the 85mm tb if you haven't already have the 80mm tb. It would be a good idea to get it tuned, but unless you are having some issues with it, then no.
Frost should be able to give it a good tune so you get the most out of it.

chaman
04-21-2012, 10:49 PM
The combo Im considering has the 80mm. How much of a difference the 85mm brings to the table?

2000whitevert
04-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Well folks Im in the market for this manifold possibly in the next few days. Car currently has a Volant CAI ,long tube headers custom Y and a Magnflow CB, also I have an e-cutout. Car has never been tuned but after the headers it feels stronger specially at the top end.

After this new BBK manifold and TB do I need to also tune it? There is no trustable tuners locally althoug I know Frost tunes are availble.

Thanks for any insight you guys can provide!

If you ever get dyno numbers with your setup id be curious to see what you make i bought a 2000 z with the bbk ssi intake and bbk 80mm tb pacesetter lts with dumped flomasters. Ive been tryin to get an idea of what my car makes i found a dyno sheet in the car when i got it said only 300rwhp n 321 torque with the mods i know it has n the mods its supposed to have those numbers just seem off

99Bluz28
04-21-2012, 11:14 PM
The combo Im considering has the 80mm. How much of a difference the 85mm brings to the table?

About 3-5 rwhp from the $20 it cost over the 80mm.

JACornell
04-22-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm also thinking about this intake, bbk has done good work with other makes.

chaman
04-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the input guys. There is someone already preparing me a package with the 85mm TB and shipping. Lets see what it comes too.