Racer's Lounge - How to handle a jaywalker.

View Full Version : How to handle a jaywalker.

sabersaw30
04-22-2012, 07:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zr8DS72ucA
Maybe taken a little too far.Looks like a police or security guard was standing rite there.wow.

666 speed
04-22-2012, 07:13 AM
Haha. That's pretty funny.

BIG BAD BLACKSS
04-22-2012, 07:20 AM
I would have backed over him just for good measure. That's just how I roll though. :jest:

97badass
04-22-2012, 07:25 AM
Holy crap! T.k.o.

wooddaniel
04-22-2012, 08:42 AM
I feel like doing it to the college kids around here sometimes, they seem to think all cars can and will stop on a dime. Same when the local rap club lets out... They all walk into the middle of the busiest road downtown and just mill about in the Fing street for no reason. That guy really did go overboard though.

wooddaniel
04-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Maybe taken a little too far.Looks like a police or security guard was standing rite there.wow.

How you been will? How's the WS6 running with the new stall?

oddwraith
04-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Yeah the kick in the face wasn't needed. Guess the fella could have been dead though, so not a bad deal.

Doug G
04-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Wow !!!

2002_Z28_Six_Speed
04-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Anyone who thinks it is OK to beat another person and then just drive away has serious mental issues and needs to see a therapist ASAP.

1995blacktattop
04-22-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm getting sick of the jaywalkers around here. there is a highway i take to get to north fort myers (it's called martin luther king blvd, i'll leave it at that) and some of these idiots will walk right into the street as you're driving by. it's like they expect you to slam on the brakes @ 45+ mph (speed limit is 45 in some areas 50 in others) and come to a stop for them. i've had a few near misses.

I remember a scene from a dukes of hazzard ep where the father from the fresh prince is in a chain gang prison with bo and luke and he tells them he's been in there for 6 years and they ask him what he did and his response..... "jaywalking" :lol: maybe it should be a more severe crime.

enigmah
04-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Bahahahahhahaha omfg I have never laughed so hard in my life... At first I was like damn he got run over and then I looked away for a second and saw the guy walking up and BAMMMMMM hahahahahah damn that was hilarious.

wooddaniel
04-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Anyone who thinks it is OK to beat another person and then just drive away has serious mental issues and needs to see a therapist ASAP.

Some people really need a good beating. This guy was way overboard though

BrntWS6
04-22-2012, 11:16 AM
That was funny as hell, I'd like to see the opposite angle and watch him going across the street. I guess he felt running him over wasn't enough. Wonder how long till the guy's arrested.

Jon5212
04-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Wonder if that driver realizes the second hit is assault with a deadly weapon and can be met with force....

Shackleford
04-22-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm getting sick of the jaywalkers around here. there is a highway i take to get to north fort myers (it's called martin luther king blvd, i'll leave it at that) and some of these idiots will walk right into the street as you're driving by. it's like they expect you to slam on the brakes @ 45+ mph (speed limit is 45 in some areas 50 in others) and come to a stop for them. i've had a few near misses.

I remember a scene from a dukes of hazzard ep where the father from the fresh prince is in a chain gang prison with bo and luke and he tells them he's been in there for 6 years and they ask him what he did and his response..... "jaywalking" :lol: maybe it should be a more severe crime.

They do that here, too.

Z28Mayhem
04-22-2012, 01:01 PM
That was damn funny. Did NOT see that kick coming.

Arctic_Z
04-22-2012, 01:09 PM
That's messed up. I was pissed when he drove onto the sidewalk to hit him again. The kick was bullshit

sabersaw30
04-22-2012, 01:12 PM
How you been will? How's the WS6 running with the new stall?
Doing good.You took the vette to the track yet?
Pulls real hard with the stall.

FinallymyT/A
04-22-2012, 01:14 PM

I agree, there is something wrong in the head with that driver. And what about the bystanders standing around doing nothing? Someone should have taken some action.

wooddaniel
04-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Doing good.You took the vette to the track yet?
Pulls real hard with the stall.
Good to hear! I miss that car. Not been yet, I should make it soon
I agree, there is something wrong in the head with that driver. And what about the bystanders standing around doing nothing? Someone should have taken some action.

People are pussies nowadays and scared to get involved in anything

Shackleford
04-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Are you guys serious? The two bystanders just saw the man run someone over and then kick him in the head when he was down. Do you think it would have been prudent for them to intervene? I think they didn't want to get run over either.

2000***camaro***ss
04-22-2012, 02:22 PM
it's fake

wooddaniel
04-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Are you guys serious? The two bystanders just saw the man run someone over and then kick him in the head when he was down. Do you think it would have been prudent for them to intervene? I think they didn't want to get run over either.

I'm not saying civilians should have detained the driver or anything, but they could have at least checked on the victim.

Shackleford
04-22-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm not saying civilians should have detained the driver or anything, but they could have at least checked on the victim.

They might have once the van drove far enough away.

oddwraith
04-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Idiot stick would have been dead had the driver not stopped. It was probably the guy's daughter driving and he got pissed watching some dick walk out in front of her like that. Maybe next time he'll think twice. Sure the kick was overboard, and maybe the sidewalk slam was too...but when you play with fire...don't be surprised when you get burned. Lot of people in this world.

Also, I agree that the bystanders were spineless and should have intervened.

Moral: don't go walking out in front of people and think that they will want to do time for running over your stupid ass. People are people, and sometimes they get mad. Doesn't excuse it but shouldn't be a surprise. Get out of the fuckin' way when a car is coming....

2002_Z28_Six_Speed
04-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Just because the pedestrian didn't have the right of way in the circumstance doesn't mean that the driver has a free card to deliberately collide with the pedestrian. He would still be operating the vehicle negligently. You have an obligation to drive defensively.

wooddaniel
04-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Just because the pedestrian didn't have the right of way in the circumstance doesn't mean that the driver has a free card to deliberately collide with the pedestrian. He would still be operating the vehicle negligently. You have an obligation to drive defensively.

Yeah, if they can prove that the driver made no effort to avoid it and intentionally collided with the pedestrian it would result in an Aggravated Battery using a deadly weapon charge in Florida. Even if he didn't have the right away.

Detoxx03
04-22-2012, 05:05 PM
I don't see the humor in intentionally harming someone with a vehicle. I would have been fine if the kick was the only action taken.

myk
04-22-2012, 06:33 PM
I don't see the humor in intentionally harming someone with a vehicle. I would have been fine if the kick was the only action taken.

Was this whole thing staged? How can someone get away with either of those acts? If someone can freely choose to run someone down with a car you really don't belong in the free world and should be incarcerated somewhere...

JIBBBY
04-22-2012, 09:12 PM
That was rude and agro!!!!...

That jaywalker dude never moved after the KO kick.. That kind of head kick can cause serious damage especially when the back of the head slams against the concrete after...

He may be dead or in a coma after that and have a broken ankle just for good measure... Just wow!!!!!

_JB_
04-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Was this whole thing staged? How can someone get away with either of those acts? If someone can freely choose to run someone down with a car you really don't belong in the free world and should be incarcerated somewhere...

I don't think South Africa fits the title of Free World.

throwed_TA
04-22-2012, 10:33 PM

^this. Things are different everywhere you go, sometimes shockingly different. Albeit that guy did go pretty damn far.. staged?

AronZ28
04-23-2012, 12:17 AM

If it was South Africa where this happened, they have a serious problem with carjackings. Like so bad that people install blades that swing out from under the rockers and chop people's feet off, or flamethrowers that bar-b-que them.

From what you see in that video, the van driver's actions are completely unjustified and appalling. But if dude was trying to carjack/rob him, I'm all a fan for a little street justice.

01ssreda4
04-23-2012, 03:09 AM
It was probably the guy's daughter driving and he got pissed watching some dick walk out in front of her like that.

That was the driver. Look at what side of the street they are driving on.

allbaugh_04
04-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Yep..that was real...

nick122590
04-24-2012, 12:34 AM
it was in another country who gives a fuck

TheBlueKnight
04-24-2012, 10:46 AM
I don't mind someone jaywalking if they find a clear spot and literally sprint across the road or at least look like they are trying to run. What bugs me is when people just ho hum across like they are taking a Sunday stroll. And when they see you coming they almost go slower like they are trying to prove something to themselves, "I'm important, I don't move for anyone".

Albeit that was messed up when that guy kicked him in the face.

thunderstruck507
04-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Darwin at work to me...

This lady needed a good kick to the head too.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/look-both-ways-close-call.gif?w=400&h=215

94LT1TA6spd
04-24-2012, 11:04 AM
wow, thats awesome

TheBlueKnight
04-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Thunder Struck, I've actually had that exact situation happen to me before ^^^

I was cruisin in the TA one day and someone in a U-Haul truck had stopped to let a pedestrian go by that was jay walking. Meanwhile, I was coming up to them just like that ambulance in your GIF. Speed limit was about 50mph. Right when I was about to go by the U-Haul that looked like it was parked on the side of the street or something to me, the pedestrian popped out and I swerved and BARELY missed them. They were one or two feet from being splattered on my windsheild. When the U-Haul truck stopped for them, they just assumed everyone was stopping and started marching across the street.

1995blacktattop
04-24-2012, 11:37 AM
play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

oddwraith
04-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Yeah, overall it's pretty pathetic that some people just walk out in front like that. Even more pathetic how some people react. Worst of all are the cowardly bystanders imo. That's why people pull this crap, because people let them do it then drive away. Imo. Hopefully someone got dude's plates and at least reported it.

My6speedZ
08-25-2012, 12:26 AM
It's South Africa I doubt the authorities give a fuck.

SSmoken
08-25-2012, 12:53 AM
sad......

Johnnystock
08-25-2012, 01:50 AM
Pretty sure the guy's ankle is fuck$* for life and maybe the huge knock out kick made his head hit the concrete really hard so hes dead. The driver is one crazy bastard beating on an injured guy like this.

BUT, on the other hand, if the guy aint seriously hurt(which I doubt), then its kinda funny...

Plp looking at the scene are just lame.

riceburnerZ28
08-25-2012, 05:01 AM
I didn't find that video funny at all. Sure the jaywalker was a dumbass for walking in front of traffic but the driver went too far!

slow96ss
08-25-2012, 06:03 AM
The kick was epic but hitting someone with a vehicle is just rude.

RikkiTorment
08-27-2012, 03:18 PM
I live in a college town where people walk in front of cars just to be assholes and I'm starting to think carrying around a super soaker full of piss or bleach will be the end result of putting up with douche baggery.