Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

valvetrain noise between cams?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 01:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default valvetrain noise between cams?

I just put a torquer 2 in my camaro and I've noticed its alot quieter than my T/A, Ive got a MS4 in it. They both have the sewing machine sound but the MS4 seems to be alot louder. I'm running a 7.450 rod in the t/a with a set of LS7 lifters. The camaro has stock rods with LS7 lifters. Exhaust wise the Trans Am does make alot more noise (true duals) compared to the camaro but I was just wondering if valvetrain wise one should be louder than the other. The T/A does leak around the collectors which i'm sure adds to the effect. After listening very closely to the Trans Am its almost like it gets louder when barely on the throttle but then quietens back down with a little more rpm. I even took it to a friend of mine whose a mechanic and put on the lift to make sure nothing was coming from the bottom end. He said it wasn't that the valvetrain is just noisey. I just want to make sure nothings wrong with the t/a. Thanks
Old 04-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might want to remeasure pushrod length on TA i have ms4 cam prc 215 and stock rockers with comp cam trunion upgrades and ended up going with 7.50 pushroad and valve train noise is minimal. to small a pushrod will beat ur valve train and cause excessive valvetrain noise. just a thought
Old 04-22-2012, 11:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The MS4 has more aggressive ramp rates/high lift intake lobes and a lot more valve overlap, regardless it's going to be louder than the Tv2.