LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I can't find a Water Pump Drive Shaft.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I can't find a Water Pump Drive Shaft.....

And it sucks. I won't be going to an electric water pump this year, simply because I don't have the money and I have a brand new water pump laying here. The problem is that the bearing on the WP drive shaft (the one that goes into the block) is toast.... and i don't want to put it into a fresh motor. The cheapest I could find it for new was 200 bucks..... which is absolutely retarded.

All the LT-1 motors are gone in our local pick-n-pull......

Does anybody have a good source for them that won't break the bank? Or does anybody know if you can replace just the bearing?

OR.... does anyone has one they don't need? I'm willing to go used if its in decent shape.....
Old 04-22-2012, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You should be able to replace just the bearing, $ 15.00 or so. Is there any kind of number on it ?
Old 04-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shaft

im going with elec water pump. wanna buy my shaft assembly thats in my block now $50 shipped
Old 04-22-2012, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

See if your parts guy can work with you and find a press-on bearing that can be used.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Quazz
And it sucks. I won't be going to an electric water pump this year, simply because I don't have the money and I have a brand new water pump laying here. The problem is that the bearing on the WP drive shaft (the one that goes into the block) is toast.... and i don't want to put it into a fresh motor. The cheapest I could find it for new was 200 bucks..... which is absolutely retarded.

All the LT-1 motors are gone in our local pick-n-pull......

Does anybody have a good source for them that won't break the bank? Or does anybody know if you can replace just the bearing?

OR.... does anyone has one they don't need? I'm willing to go used if its in decent shape.....
I believe i have a used pump laying around i will let you know tommarrow have to go to the shed ( its dark ) sell it cheap to help you out
Old 04-24-2012, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill give you just the drive. I should have like 4 laying around. You just pay for shipping!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have on eon the way at the moment. Thanks though!

I just want to get the car going this year, mabey next summer we'll try the electric WP deal/

Quick Reply: I can't find a Water Pump Drive Shaft.....