Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A bit of progress: '37 Chevy 4 door, 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Default A bit of progress: '37 Chevy 4 door, 5.3

It's been quite a while since I've put a link to my build so here's a link to it:
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ge=1&reverse=1

I just bought a GMPP single plane intake and I was going to go borrow some GTO exhaust manifolds today from a friend's uncle to see if they'll fit but I woke up today feeling pretty bad so I wasn't able to go. I'll have to wait until next week.

Right now I'm waiting on running fuel lines and a gas tank. I bought an original style steel tank from Tanks Inc. because I don't want a plastic tank but after seeing it I don't like the way I would have to install the fuel pump for the F.I. so I'm going to try to send it back and get an aftermarket tank.

I had to send my Lokar shifter back because it came in and was chrome instead of black. It should be here this week. After I get that on I can see what it's going to take to try to keep my original parking brake handle.

I'm going to get some old Chevrolet script SBC valve covers and try to modify them to go over the 5.3 valve covers. My plan is to get an old school air cleaner assembly, relocate the coil packs and paint it orange to try to get as much of an old school look as I can while keeping the fuel rails.

Brandon
Old 04-23-2012, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Love it!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks. I'm just kind of figuring it all out as I go.

Brandon